The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I seriously cannot believe it. WHY are they doing this??? Are they under some sort of impression that they have all the time in the world to put out new music? As much as it pains me to acknowledge it, their window of opportunity is getting smaller and smaller each year that passes. They really have a great opportunity to not just become a greatest hits band like most others, a lot of which disappear into obscurity. They could really be innovative and put out something amazing if they really put any effort into it. The future still holds so much more for them if they'd just get to work and go for it. This is such a waste of valuable time.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It all comes down to ease with this band anymore. It's just EASIER to do a bunch of dates with the eagles and make guaranteed bucks. They won't even have to rehearse. Come in the week before the first gig and play a condensed version of the unleashed set....check in with the eagles folks about the logistics etc....it's just way easier to do this and it certainly gives them a way to duck out of working on a new album!!

At first I was surprised lindsey would do this, but then again I think he's just grown up enough to realize - it just isn't worth the headache and the bitching to go against this grain. We all know there would be a knock down drag out fight with Stevie over anything interrupting her don and stevie show part two and it would probably be the end of the band. I think he really wants a new album so i'm betting he's swallowing really hard to agree to these dates - probably just hoping its a month long string of dates and then back into the studio....all drama spared.

..but then again REO Speedwagon might need another band to pair with in 2012 hahahaha
Old 12-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I seriously cannot believe it. WHY are they doing this??? Are they under some sort of impression that they have all the time in the world to put out new music? As much as it pains me to acknowledge it, their window of opportunity is getting smaller and smaller each year that passes. They really have a great opportunity to not just become a greatest hits band like most others, a lot of which disappear into obscurity. They could really be innovative and put out something amazing if they really put any effort into it. The future still holds so much more for them if they'd just get to work and go for it. This is such a waste of valuable time.
considering this is the band that seemed a little shocked when they didn't pack an arena in the middle of the recession with 100+ ticket prices....I'm pretty sure they do believe they have all the time in the world!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what the hell Lindsey is thinking. I can't believe he would agree to it. I would think he'd bail and do something solo rather than this. He can't possibly think they'll make money. There are just too many negatives, all of which have already been discussed. No one will be able to afford the tickets, neither band is going to want to open for the other (with good reason, of course), and the FM fans know it will be just an abbreviated performance of the tour they've already paid good money to see. What about fans in general?? FM have some of the most devoted fans in the world and I'm sure there are fans that are just as devoted to the Eagles...but are there really that many crossover fans that love both FM and the Eagles??? I mean, love them enough to pay what they are going to have to pay for a greatest of the greatest hits set list??

What I want to know is, how exactly did Stevie talk Lindsey into it??? Mick and John would have been easy...they just want to play and have a good time. Lindsey on the other hand is way to concerned with artistry etc. I don't know who came up with this idea, but I imagine Stevie would have been the one all for it...we all know she loves doing something different and the excitement of touring with other people...so I'm just wondering what persuasive techniques she used to get him to agree. That's a conversation I would have loved to have been there to see

As for the "Don and Stevie show part 2," I can do without it. I want her either with FM doing something new or I want her solo...I do not want her with the Eagles. Where the hell is Tom Petty when you need him?? If she wants to do something like this, go out on the road with Tom again but this time it would be their tour, not just her as his guest. Now that is something that could be made to work
Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I don't know what the hell Lindsey is thinking. I can't believe he would agree to it. I would think he'd bail and do something solo rather than this. He can't possibly think they'll make money. There are just too many negatives, all of which have already been discussed. No one will be able to afford the tickets, neither band is going to want to open for the other (with good reason, of course), and the FM fans know it will be just an abbreviated performance of the tour they've already paid good money to see. What about fans in general?? FM have some of the most devoted fans in the world and I'm sure there are fans that are just as devoted to the Eagles...but are there really that many crossover fans that love both FM and the Eagles??? I mean, love them enough to pay what they are going to have to pay for a greatest of the greatest hits set list??

What I want to know is, how exactly did Stevie talk Lindsey into it??? Mick and John would have been easy...they just want to play and have a good time. Lindsey on the other hand is way to concerned with artistry etc. I don't know who came up with this idea, but I imagine Stevie would have been the one all for it...we all know she loves doing something different and the excitement of touring with other people...so I'm just wondering what persuasive techniques she used to get him to agree. That's a conversation I would have loved to have been there to see

As for the "Don and Stevie show part 2," I can do without it. I want her either with FM doing something new or I want her solo...I do not want her with the Eagles. Where the hell is Tom Petty when you need him?? If she wants to do something like this, go out on the road with Tom again but this time it would be their tour, not just her as his guest. Now that is something that could be made to work

Hahah I know Tom is NEVER the type to really make comments about other bands but you and I both know he has got to be quietly puking into his mouth right now Hahahahahahahaha.

This is really just going to be gigs not geared towards eagles or mac fans...this is going to be just a general public, casual....I work in manhattan and have the extra 175+ to drop and see two bands I grew up with at City Field...you know what I mean?
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Hahah I know Tom is NEVER the type to really make comments about other bands but you and I both know he has got to be quietly puking into his mouth right now Hahahahahahahaha.

This is really just going to be gigs not geared towards eagles or mac fans...this is going to be just a general public, casual....I work in manhattan and have the extra 175+ to drop and see two bands I grew up with at City Field...you know what I mean?
I meant Citi Field...wow I just sounded like an idiot.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Trust me, HenleyFan knows what's she's talking about. I wouldn't second guess her.

-----------------------

HenleyFan:
Quote:
It was pretty much confirmed to us today, but no details were offered. I'm sure those will come in due time.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA
Why? Because they quoted a glorified speculative focus group survey? Show some discretion before making such foolish assumptions.

Last edited by FMlex; 12-15-2009 at 12:45 PM..
Old 12-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I for one am TOTALLY jazzed! My two fave bands on one stage! YES!!

I don't think Lindsey took much persuasion, GypsyBlueEyes. I adore him, but when he was promoting the Unleashed tour by echoing Stevie's statements that it was fun not to have to play new material after he'd criticized touring without new material for years... well, let's just say that his perspective on such things has obviously changed.

And if it leads to this kind of treat, I have no problem with that!

DavidMN, the vast majority of Eagles fans have no problems with Fleetwood Mac, or with Fleetwood Mac's fans. It's just a vocal few... and I think here at the Ledge we all know that the vocal few are usually not representative!

The only concern I have is the prices, but for this kind of show, I'll suck it up. It'll be epic!

ETA: Folks that think they'll be paying $175 or thereabouts should know that since the Eagles alone charge $200 per ticket, it'll be more than that for sure for the top tier. I'm hoping not more than $250, though.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-15-2009 at 11:05 AM..
Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgAl84
This is really just going to be gigs not geared towards eagles or mac fans...this is going to be just a general public, casual...
That sounds about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I don't think Lindsey took much persuasion, GypsyBlueEyes. I adore him, but when he was promoting the Unleashed tour by echoing Stevie's statements that it was fun not to have to play new material after he'd criticized touring without new material for years... well, let's just say that his perspective on such things has obviously changed.
I always thought one of the reasons he agreed to the Unleashed Tour was to set into motion work on a new album. I guess I'm just disappointed by this FM/Eagles thing because it feels like another setback to that.

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 12-15-2009 at 11:20 AM..
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Ledgie

I think they have come to realize what they are, what the executives want, and what is best for them in this day and age. They aren't going to be breaking new ground. They are in their 60's and they are _comfortable_.

And old habits die hard. Especially the way the "Fleetwood Mac" lifestyle is.

We all know Silver Springs is not sung with conviction anymore, the hugs are staged, and there is no passionate sparks. I realized this the last time I went to the FM concert here in Houston. At least we all should know this - If _I_ do, everyone else should. LOL.

Furthermore, I truly believe there won't be any ackwardness with the guys in the Eagles and Stevie and Lindsey. I don't think it matters anymore. It's almost like this last FM tour was closure. That's what it felt like to me. Believe me, I adore Fleetwood Mac...but I know... yes, that is what it is.... Nostalgia....

"All I ever wanted .. was to know that you were dreaming ..."
Old 12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We'll see if this ever actually happens.. God I hope not!! But hopefully lightning strikes the stage, mebbe once, maybe twice.

BTW, does it not seem like crowds will be tiny with 300+ ticket prices and bad setlists??

The only way I could get excited even a little is if Christine magically appeared.

- Spike
Old 12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I .... just... don't get this... at all.

FM fans are not necessarily Eagles fans, and vice versa.

I know they are from the same era. But is that really enough to think that people like both bands? With that rationale, why not put the Eagles with Helen Reddy???? That makes about as much sense. Or FM with Tony Orlando?

I so hate multiple band bills.

I guess this will be the first FM tour since 1982 that I haven't seen.

Last edited by seekerj; 12-15-2009 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

..but then again REO Speedwagon might need another band to pair with in 2012 hahahaha
I'd much rather it be REO Speedwagon! Then it would be more clear who the opening act would be!......Well, if they are going to tour with someone else, how about Daryl Hall/John Oates? If I'm going to pay massive money, I might as well see my two favorite groups!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I'd much rather it be REO Speedwagon! Then it would be more clear who the opening act would be!
I think its pretty clear who the bigger band is. Even if the plan going-in is to alternate, they'll nix that idea after the first show where Eagles go first, when the droves of concert-goers leave.

Lindsey's finally going to have the chance to open for Don & Glenn!

Last edited by LukeA; 12-15-2009 at 01:07 PM..
Old 12-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I think its pretty clear who the bigger band is. Even if the plan going-in is to alternate, they'll nix that idea after the first show where Eagles go first, when the droves of concert-goers leave.

Lindsey's finally going to have the chance to open for Don & Glenn!
Yep. There's NO WAY the Eagles will open. They are clearly the bigger act, in every way. Anyone who thinks different, is blind to the facts.

And I agree with Nancy, it would be my favorite two bands! But there's no way I'd pay the ridiculous ticket prices.