User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I agree the Rumours line-up is dead, and there is understandable mourning over that.

Others posters are saying the band is dead, but it's not, and we are not all depressed about the change. Some of us are trying our best to appreciate how upset some fans are, whilst at the same time having an interest in the future of the band.
But then go over to the post-rumours forum. That's the whole point of the seperate forums. Leave this negative space and take a look around there. Enjoy the future of FM, it has just started. I mean it, no sarcasm or anything.

For me, this is the last time that FM did or will do something that interests or moves me. It's not a positive thing, but I enjoy this board and my prolonged goodbye to the band I so loved for 40 years. Let me have my farewell, I deserve it. It's my right to write like I feel, on this board for the five fireflies.

I do look forward, too, though. Yeah to all the money that I will not spend for first row tickets and stuff. The anticipation of Schadenfreude when the first concerts get reviewed, the idea that factions of the band will not make the money they crave or have the success they are used to. Maybe some inner band trouble.

I will love to read about it. Petty, i know, but it fits with that band.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 06-15-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IIt's totally understandable to be upset and p*ssed off, but it's going on and on and on and on......and on...and on... And I realise it won't stop, (
read Mick's newest interview and tell me how can anyone stop and be positive. he's adding oil to the fire, like crazy. each time we decide to calm down and forget about this, there's Mick to spread the flames.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-15-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way, really I am. Some of us don't feel the band has come to an end, we just see it as another chapter.
We'll just have to find a way to hopefully, peacefully, co-exist in here.
Ditto ... hope that eventually folks will love the Green-era, Kirwan-era, Welch-era, Lindsey-era, and whatever era lies ahead. It's all beautiful.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
But then go over to the post-rumours forum. That's the whole point of the seperate forums. Leave this negative space and take a look around there. Enjoy the future of FM, it has just started. I mean it, no sarcasm or anything.

For me, this is the last time that FM did or will do something that interests or moves me. It's not a positive thing, but I enjoy this board and my prolonged goodbye to the band I so loved for 40 years. Let me have my farewell, I deserve it. It's my right to write like I feel, on this board for the five fireflies.

I do look forward, too, though. Yeah to all the money that I will not spend for first row tickets and stuff. The anticipation of Schadenfreude when the first concerts get reviewed, the idea that factions of the band will not make the money they crave or have the success they are used to. Maybe some inner band trouble.

It is definitely your right to post how you feel. For me, it's very repetitive, but it is definitely your right. I feel like, and honestly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but some people who repeatedly post comments like "this isn't FM anymore, I hope the tour bombs, it's funny people paid top dollar for tickets and then the price dropped ha ha, etc" it comes across like "my party was ruined and now I'm going to ruin yours," or "I'm miserable and I want everybody else to be just as miserable as I am."

Instead of telling people they should post in the post-Rumours forum, maybe people who are so angry about Lindsey's firing should post only in the LB forum. Not really how I feel, but same difference. Obviously, neither one is going to happen.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It is definitely your right to post how you feel. For me, it's very repetitive, but it is definitely your right. I feel like, and honestly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but some people who repeatedly post comments like "this isn't FM anymore, I hope the tour bombs, it's funny people paid top dollar for tickets and then the price dropped ha ha, etc" it comes across like "my party was ruined and now I'm going to ruin yours," or "I'm miserable and I want everybody else to be just as miserable as I am."

Instead of telling people they should post in the post-Rumours forum, maybe people who are so angry about Lindsey's firing should post only in the LB forum. Not really how I feel, but same difference. Obviously, neither one is going to happen.

Lindsey was not fired from his solo self, he was fired from the rumours line up. Hence, in the rumours line-up forum we get to lament. It's what it is here for. If you and others are done with the rumours line-up, you yourselves please move to the POST-rumours forum. Thank you.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Lindsey was not fired from his solo self, he was fired from the rumours line up. Hence, in the rumours line-up forum we get to lament. It's what it is here for. If you and others are done with the rumours line-up, you yourselves please move to the POST-rumours forum. Thank you.
The mods have made their decision, THIS is the place to post about the current lineup of FM. But I would totally be fine if they added a new forum. And thank you.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm in this forum because there are things of interest to me that I want to read and because I'm a fan of the Rumours era. You are fully within your rights to complain and moan forever, and I can post as many positive comments as I like.

It's all good, we're all FM fans with something to say. As bwboy has stated the mods made it clear that this is the place for current FM news, along with the post-rumours forum, so for now I'll continue to read both forums and continue to comment as much as you feel free to.

I wish everyone a sunny, enjoyable weekend
Old 06-16-2018, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm in this forum because there are things of interest to me that I want to read and because I'm a fan of the Rumours era. You are fully within your rights to complain and moan forever, and I can post as many positive comments as I like.

It's all good, we're all FM fans with something to say. As bwboy has stated the mods made it clear that this is the place for current FM news, along with the post-rumours forum, so for now I'll continue to read both forums and continue to comment as much as you feel free to.
Well, YOU were complaining...
But thank you for allowing me to post here.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 06-16-2018 at 02:04 AM..
Old 06-16-2018, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, YOU were complaining...
But thank you for allowing me to post here.
Yes, yesterday I was complaining about the complaining. It seems like we were all complaining.

And thank you for allowing me to post here.

As I said yesterday, hopefully those of us with all our different feelings about what has happened to the band, can peacefully co-exist in here, and continue to join in all the discussions in all forums.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I said yesterday, hopefully those of us with all our different feelings about what has happened to the band, can peacefully co-exist in here, and continue to join in all the discussions in all forums.
Repeating it does not make it sound any less unctuously.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Repeating it does not make it sound any less unctuously.
What a lovely description, thanks​ so much Maybe you need to think about the tone of your own posts.

If you tell someone not to post in a forum, don't expect them not to reply to you

Try some mudita instead of your Schadenfreude.

Believe it or not (and you don't seem to) I was genuinely wishing EVERYONE in here a good weekend.

I'm off to the circus soon, have a good day.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
read Mick's newest interview and tell me how can anyone stop and be positive. he's adding oil to the fire, like crazy. each time we decide to calm down and forget about this, there's Mick to spread the flames.
I think Mick subscribes to the old Hollywood adage, “there is no such thing as bad publicity.” As revolting as it is, he keeps stirring the pot to get the Fleetwood Mac name out there. He is correct in that the casual fan is familiar with the brand/band name, and not so much the individual members. That “say or do anything” to sell tickets is seen by some as “good business.” To others, like me, it comes acrosss as completely selfish, putting money ahead of admirable characteristics such as friendship and loyalty.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What a lovely description, thanks​ so much Maybe you need to think about the tone of your own posts.

If you tell someone not to post in a forum, don't expect them not to reply to you

Try some mudita instead of your Schadenfreude.

Believe it or not (and you don't seem to) I was genuinely wishing EVERYONE in here a good weekend.

I'm off to the circus soon, have a good day.
MoonSister - at this point these negative Lindsey Ledgers won't be happy no matter how great the new lineup sounds in concert or in studio material. Rather than talking sense, they feel like it's only natural to inflict their private universe of pain on us all. To them, the new lineup feels like nails in their feet looking in the Saturday sun. This lineup could put out a Rumours quality album and they'd still complain that there are four seasons in one day. Anger, unfortunately, is playing a big part in how they feel and act. Oh well as they say. I really respect that you're maintaining a love this life attitude and trying to whistle all this great music no matter what era we're in. I won't dream it's over. Things will never be the same as history never repeats, but I'm looking forward to seeing this band come back to life this October. I am trying to embrace the Finn-Campbell era and trying to enjoy every bite of chocolate cake as we approach the last day of June.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How does this block function work?
Old 06-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
How does this block function work?
It works by trying to be nice to people even if they disagree with you.