Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
I could see that concept working really well for If Anyone Falls.
I thought the exact same thing.
However these things are not mutually exclusive. When talking about events that happened so long ago it's normal that all of them don't remember the same things.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 11-30-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Old 11-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I rather watch these ridiculous videos from any artists or bands on MTV,VH1 and CMT then the crap they have on those channels today.

Why they are still branding those channel with music is a good question.
Yeah, thats a great question. MTV is all reality crap shows now. Not how awesome it was back in the 80's heyday thats for sure. Kids now have no idea how cool it was. Heck I'd just leave the TV on it and watch the video's all the time with the VJ's. I'd even put a VHS tape in and record them I'm sure I still have a tape around it someplace. Need to find it and watch it again. I'd probabaly laugh at whats on it for sure. Would be cool though. Remember the video countdowns of all the artisits every year? That was cool too. I think VH1 Classic still shows music video's but I agree they need to change there names to something else cause there isn't anything 'music' about them anymore its a joke!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 11-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Am I the only one doesn't think she looks fat in the video?
I'm with you; I don't think she looks fat. I prefer this video over the remake. Both were cheesy, but you could say that about most videos, both then and now. The civil war theme was a bizarre idea, yet it was visually interesting, as it was like a mini movie.

Certain historical aspects of the concept eluded Stevie. At end of the video, in the saloon, Stevie's hand grazes one of the soldier's uniform , exposing him as the enemy in disguise (a confederate). That's why the other soldiers attacked him. In her narrative about the video she surmises that maybe he was attacked because "he was hassling her or something." It was the "something."

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-01-2015 at 12:09 AM..
Old 12-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Instead of fat, I'd say she looks soft during the
time of that video.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:35 AM
Junior Ledgie

This thread went in several directions, so-
I don't think she looks fat in the Civil War video, but she looks *so* much better in the second video. Stunning, truly. Plus imo the Civil War video just doesn't fit the song as well as the other video. For If Anyone Falls? Idk, I'd have to think about that...
I kind of get the connection between Lita's video & Stevie's, but I would never have thought of that til it was mentioned. I have a hard time listening to that song- basically any Lita song- so this is probably the only time I forced myself to view the entire thing (volume off).
I loved Billy Squier & some of his early stuff: My Kind Of Lover, Lonely Is The Night, In The Dark, even (to a lesser extent) The Stroke & Emotions In Motion. That video ended his career, kind of like Peter Frampton did by following up his fantastic live album with I'm In You.
About early MTV: yes it was always on now matter what I was doing! And I, too, had a VHS tape loaded so I was prepped to record at a moment's notice. What a fun memory- I forgot about that, so tyvm for reminding me! Good times.

Last edited by Papillon; 12-01-2015 at 06:38 AM..
Old 12-01-2015, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Not me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Am I the only one doesn't think she looks fat in the video?
I don't think she looks fat at all. I agree that the concept for the video doesn't fit the song but she looks great. She couldn't have looked even the tiniest bit fat in those days.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Certain historical aspects of the concept eluded Stevie. At end of the video, in the saloon, Stevie's hand grazes one of the soldier's uniform , exposing him as the enemy in disguise (a confederate). That's why the other soldiers attacked him. In her narrative about the video she surmises that maybe he was attacked because "he was hassling her or something." It was the "something."
lol, that is pretty funny
Old 12-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Instead of fat, I'd say she looks soft during the
time of that video.
good description. Stevie, even during her most active ballet days, never seemed to have real muscle definition or a firm body. She's always had a soft tummy area, even at her skinniest. She was never Madonna....
Old 12-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Registered

Stand Back (Stevie Nicks) - Jezebel (William... by NeverHasSeenSnow
Old 12-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re-used Stand Back civil war sets

I have no idea if this was done by the same director -- or anything — BUT Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero" video seems to combine near-duplicate shots of Lori's little shack, the horse speeding along in the dusk, fire burning and more. Check it out.

It looks like they just re-used the left overs from the STAND BACK Civil War video -- BUT in a MUCH cheesier video:

Old 12-08-2015, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
good description.
Thanks.

I didn't mind her looking soft.

When were abs created?
Old 07-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the video for Gypsy was so popular that her record company probably wanted another video to really showcase Stevie. But I agree, the Civil War theme didn't fit the song at all, so they made a good decision.

I can kind of see If Anyone Falls fitting the video, though. Maybe without all the destruction imagery and more of it taking place in grassy fields or shaded trees. Or more horseback riding- "If Anyone Falls on their ass, somewhere in the twilight..."
Old 07-16-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I've just found the proof of all of it, we shouldn't have been so harsh on Stevie it' could have been way worse... this is possibly the tackiest video I've ever seen:
the previous video was taken down from youtube so here again, it put me in a good mood: everyone can screw up badly;
Old 07-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, what was Billy thinking?!? Watching him skip, rip his shirt, crawl, and hump the floor was unlike anything I've ever seen before! He could have been the lead in Flashdance.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! Bette Davis is my favourite actress, and this movie is fabulous, and this is just amazing!!