The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?
I’m routing for Lindsey to win. 110 88.71%
I’m routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 14 11.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
There's no point (to me anyway) in voting in a rigged poll.
And you would never vote TWICE in one of these rigged polls, would you?
Old 10-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I’m so glad we finally see Lindsey’s side of the story! While I’m not a Lindsey fan by any means, I hope he wins this fight because barring any new information they’ve treated him horribly.
I've always been a Lindsey fan by all means.
Without Lindsey Buckingham, there would be no Fleetwood Mac/Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tusk, Live, Mirage, Tango In The Night, The Dance, or Say You Will.

Without Lindsey there would be no current tour, and this forum wouldn't exist.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like you haven't spent half your day calling up people to vote! LOL Who would bother to rig a poll as silly as this. HA HA
Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Like you haven't spent half your day calling up people to vote! LOL Who would bother to rig a poll as silly as this. HA HA
Please don't feed the trolls...
Old 10-18-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why in God’s name would someone care about rigging something as inconsequential as a poll on here? Unless you are paranoid, or have enough time on your hands to consider something so strange??
Old 10-18-2018, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Please don't feed the trolls...
I'm bored David! Either I'm crazy busy at work, or I have some down time. I'm in the down time period.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I'm bored David! Either I'm crazy busy at work, or I have some down time. I'm in the down time period.
Well I think you'll have your hands full of crazy here...
Old 10-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Ledgie

If i weren't putting money in Stevie's pocket, I'd buy tickets and wear my 'Camp Lindsey' Tshirt.

She makes me sick now. I threw out all of her cds that i had.

I no longer have an interest in her, her music or anything she says.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THIS.IS.IT. He is what made them, and they just throw him under the bus. F*ck them. All four of them.
If Lindsey is the "talent of the band", then why has his solo career been so unsuccessful?
Old 10-19-2018, 09:46 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
If Lindsey is the "talent of the band", then why has his solo career been so unsuccessful?
Well, his solo career is successful from a musical point of view, I think more successful in that regard than the other band members. I wasn't aware that commercial success was the only arbiter of artistic value, but that's a typical attitude on this board. I don't care how many sales an album has if it sounds like crap, like most of Stevie's later solo output. She chased commercial success often at the expense of the music, and now chart success is long past for her.

And Tusk wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Lindsey, and that album gives the band a lot of credibility nowadays, maybe more than the others. The rest of the band would have opted for Rumours II without him, and failed to even come close no doubt.

ETA: And does your argument mean that Neil Finn is untalented? I don't think his solo career is any more successful than Lindsey's, outside of New Zealand and Australia. Unless I missed him ever having a Top 10 single in the US or UK? At least Lindsey managed that.

Last edited by saniette; 10-19-2018 at 09:59 PM..
Old 10-19-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I don't think she "hates" Lindsey or despises him. She's always wanted recognition from Lindsey, and I'd say she wanted that more from him than from anyone else in the band. When he acts disrespectful to her, it bothers her more. It bothers her A LOT! MusiCares is where it all came to a head, from a long history of her trying to get that respect. The instance of him not ever listening to Bella Donna would be an example. I also believe that Lindsey's involvement with Chris on the BuckVie record and tour irked her too. This fallout has been brewing for awhile, to say the least. I don't think it was any one thing or things that Lindsey did at MusiCares that was so horrible. It was just the trigger that made all these feelings surface in her. In someone who is in an unstable emotional mindset, still dealing with Tom's death.
I think it’s beyond that. The boys walked on eggshells around Stevie when Christine was gone. Lindsey played along with the faux drama every step of the way. He brought in Mitchell Froom to get her to record with the band, even came up with music for Stevie, but she only agreed to do an EP.

Then Christine came back, and everything changed. Lindsey had an eager and willing partner, quit walking on eggshells, quit playing the game, and forgot why he played the game in the first place. The rest of the band made an album without her, it became awkward in the press, Lindsey made the unfortunate comment about doing a Fleetwood Mac show for the money for Azoff’s festivals, and had minimal interaction with Stevie during the shows. Then he smirked. They all did, but Mick and Christine have been supportive and have said nothing but glowing things about her in recent history, and when hasn’t John smirked?

Ironically, her desire to be a Heartbreaker may prove to be the thing that moves the band forward.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-19-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Well, his solo career is successful from a musical point of view, I think more successful in that regard than the other band members. I wasn't aware that commercial success was the only arbiter of artistic value, but that's a typical attitude on this board. I don't care how many sales an album has if it sounds like crap, like most of Stevie's later solo output. She chased commercial success often at the expense of the music, and now chart success is long past for her.

And Tusk wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Lindsey, and that album gives the band a lot of credibility nowadays, maybe more than the others. The rest of the band would have opted for Rumours II without him, and failed to even come close no doubt.

ETA: And does your argument mean that Neil Finn is untalented? I don't think his solo career is any more successful than Lindsey's, outside of New Zealand and Australia. Unless I missed him ever having a Top 10 single in the US or UK? At least Lindsey managed that.
I was responding to folks on this forum saying that Lindsey was the talent of Fleetwood Mac and that's preposterous. By any standard, Lindsey Buckingham's solo career has been a near bust. He's had a few isolated good songs but that's about it. Listening to his Anthology reinforced that in my mind. Lindsey's talent is as a producer and arranger and guitarist but not as a songwriter. That's why his solo career never went anywhere despite being the "leader" of one of the biggest bands in the world. He's reliant on other songwriters to bring him the songs. That's why he was so much more successful in Fleetwood Mac ... because he had Christine and Stevie to write the songs and he would arrange and produce them until they sparkled. That's his gift. However, for folks on this forum to say that Lindsey was the talent of the band is so far from the truth it's pathetic. He was the production talent but Christine and Stevie were the songwriting talents. They needed each other. And that's why Stevie had a much more successful solo career than Lindsey. It's easier to find a producer once you have the great songs. It's much more difficult to write the songs if you're a great producer/arranger like Lindsey. That's why Stevie has sold about 11 million albums in her solo career and Lindsey nowhere close to that.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was responding to folks on this forum saying that Lindsey was the talent of Fleetwood Mac and that's preposterous. By any standard, Lindsey Buckingham's solo career has been a near bust. He's had a few isolated good songs but that's about it. Listening to his Anthology reinforced that in my mind. Lindsey's talent is as a producer and arranger and guitarist but not as a songwriter. That's why his solo career never went anywhere despite being the "leader" of one of the biggest bands in the world. He's reliant on other songwriters to bring him the songs. That's why he was so much more successful in Fleetwood Mac ... because he had Christine and Stevie to write the songs and he would arrange and produce them until they sparkled. That's his gift. However, for folks on this forum to say that Lindsey was the talent of the band is so far from the truth it's pathetic. He was the production talent but Christine and Stevie were the songwriting talents. They needed each other. And that's why Stevie had a much more successful solo career than Lindsey. It's easier to find a producer once you have the great songs. It's much more difficult to write the songs if you're a great producer/arranger like Lindsey. That's why Stevie has sold about 11 million albums in her solo career and Lindsey nowhere close to that.
Stevie is smart. She is a networker. She picked great people to work with.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think that's at all why his solo career never took off lol. Lindsey's written plenty of great songs on his own and his stuff got the critical praise that came from that. But the thing is that especially when it came to his solo career, he liked making (for lack of a better word) 'weird' music. He had very different tastes in terms of sounds and production and it just wasn't the type of thing that really appealed to a lot of people. If it was because he doesn't actually write good songs, his stuff would not have half the praise it's gotten. But it just requires a certain taste to appreciate. Stevie sold tons of albums because she wrote great songs (at least on her first 2 solo albums that is) that were also produced in a very radio-friendly, appeals to the masses way. She was also very popular just in her own 'entity' as Stevie Nicks and that played a big part in it.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey does have the largest influence on their sound, in terms of production, arrangement, etc. You even seem to concede that point, so you're saying his songwriting ability is lacking? That's completely subjective, but to say Stevie is a great songwriter is pathetic. She has written some absolutely atrocious lyrics, and requires way too much assistance in the music department.

For example, "Stand Back" is really not a very good song at all. It was successful because Stevie was catering to the sound of the times, with Prince allegedly coming up with the synth line. By her own admittance, she was trying to write a song like "Little Red Corvette" (and she nicked the Police for the riff to EOS). I think that's really the reason she was more successful at the end of the day, because her music was trying to fit in with the sound of the times.

But for you to claim that Lindsey is an inferior songwriter is ridiculous. He never blatantly chased eighties success like Stevie, which might partly explain his lack of success. His music is a little more esoteric as well.

I love Stevie's work at her best, probably more than Lindsey at his best, but her solo career taken as a whole is pretty spotty. Personally, I think Lindsey's solo career holds up better, and I'm comparing the actual music not album sales. All 6 of his albums are good to great, but she's got some real duds. And his latest work is far better than her latest stuff. And he doesn't need someone else to write the music, produce, arrange, and play all the instruments.

Last edited by saniette; 10-20-2018 at 12:03 AM..