Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Would you stand on stage behind your boss and make faces and mock them while they were giving a speech?
It's wrong not to.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Would you stand on stage behind your boss and make faces and mock them while they were giving a speech?
would you give an ultimatum to a company that they get rid of one executive or you'll walk if you weren't the one with the most control??
Old 10-10-2018, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE=Alison;1239405]I think there is more to the story than what Lindsey is saying. Always two sides to everything, it takes two to break a relationship.

Actually it's three his, hers and the truth. And I agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I'm not defending anyone here. But lots of details seem to be missing.
I can only think things between Stevie and Lindsey have never been that good. They both know how to push buttons. Lindsey comes across as an overbearing perfectionist that has to be right. Stevie who lives in a bubble is at times oversensitive and reactive.
They seem to feed off of each other at times. I bet Lindsey can be at least emotionally abusive, knows what will stir her up.
So after many years of this, I think Stevie had enough, whatever happened at music cares may have been the tipping point of years and years of tension.
Maybe in her old age, she simply didn't want to deal with all the negative emotions and fighting anymore. I can understand how she may have come to this conclusion.
+1000
Old 10-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bombay - do you feel like addressing anything else in my post such as how not even Lindsey knows what was definitively said in the conversations since he only presents Irving Azoff’s words? Or how Lindsey is still fighting the Rhiannon fight?

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks
Old 10-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have the distinct impression that LINDSEY and JOHN are polite the longest, and it's Chris and Mick starting the shenanigans behind stevie Nicks. Of course, they didn't need to get fired though. Because... Well, the reason for that I forgot, but I know it must have been a very logical one. Not at all petty or circumspect or anything. At all. Imagine.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Exactly. Naturally, the LB fan club here skips over that and focuses only on the smirk. It was obviously not just the smirk that lead us to this point. Note that the article says “including.” Not everything has been revealed about his behavior:

As Buckingham told Rolling Stone, a few days after the show he received a phone call from manager Irving Azoff, who proceeded to list various issues Nicks had with his behavior that night, including his complaints about their intro music being Nicks’ “Rhiannon” and that he may have “smirked” while she was giving her acceptance speech.
I wonder if he threatened Karen or worse tried to put his hands on her.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetinmyhear View Post
Bombay - do you feel like addressing anything else in my post such as how not even Lindsey knows what was definitively said in the conversations since he only presents Irving Azoff’s words? Or how Lindsey is still fighting the Rhiannon fight?
Per him, he's not fighting a fight over Rhiannon, he says it was not about the fact the song they played was Rhiannon, it was that a song was played at ALL.

Lindsey was on the call with Azoff, he recalls the point of what Azoff said, so even if he can't be certain the exact words, he is very clear about the POINT Azoff made to him which was that Stevie issued an ultimatum. I will take his word unless and until anyone else on the call comes forward over anyone in this forum, yes.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now you are maybe reaching, right? You can't be serious surely , throwing that in the ring as an argument?

Old 10-10-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Geez your boring. I bet you are a whole lotta fun at parties
Old 10-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have said this multiple times and I firmly believe it to be pretty true; Stevie has no emotional anchor anymore and is sorta losing it.

It's well documented how Lindsey matured and chilled out with having a family. That's his anchor (wife and kids). Meanwhile, cut to Stevie, who lost her mom and dad (as we all do) but Tom as well. I cannot even begin to imagine what kind of blow those three tragic events are to her and how big a blow its been overall. Her mom and dad, especially Tom, seemed to be the ones to keep her in check and reassure her no matter what happened with the Mac, Lindsey or her solo career, that she could rise up and survive it ("That made me stronger"). Now she's just kinda drifting at sea with a bunch of 'yes men' and 'yes women' that don't anchor her properly.

I have no doubt Lindsey uses that perfectionist crap all day long and knows how to push her buttons but are they fire-able offenses? Hardly. Especially when you hold a band hostage over recording and touring in the past.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
were you there?

cite your sources.
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Stevie (and Lindsey, to a much lesser extent) talk a big game about their relationship, but to me, it's Hollywood talk. If Stevie's still hung up on Lindsey, then she needs to see a counselor. I really can't tell how much of her prattle about Lindsey is real or fake- even if they were like a married couple, they were still only together what, 4 years? Hardly a lengthy period of time, although going from struggling artists to successful millionaires virtually overnight would certainly create a bond, I grant her that.
Regardless that is the story they sold to a hungry public who bought it up in droves since 1997. I can't figure out what Lindsey is trying to accomplish by shattering his own myth even if that myth does happen to include Stevie. Me personally I never shipped anyone in this band. I've been a fan way before that was even really a thing. I just don't get it.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is where you go with this? Seriously, get some help.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Regardless that is the story they sold to a hungry public who bought it up in droves since 1997. I can't figure out what Lindsey is trying to accomplish by shattering his own myth even if that myth does happen to include Stevie. Me personally I never shipped anyone in this band. I've been a fan way before that was even really a thing. I just don't get it.
He made it very clear in interviews that it was an "act" and "theatrics" -- his words. He stated that his family wasn't bothered by it because they all understood it was an act. He never pretended it was real.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I agree fully, and am not at all surprised this happened. The fact that Christine did nothing to intervene in this tells me she empathized with Stevie and not Lindsey.
That's the real untold story isn't it? Christine and John? Thank you Chris and John. After this I don't ever want to hear what went down between you two.