User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Oh right, that again, I made that comment once I recall, she should have had that baby. I still stand by it. In the sense that becoming a parent, for ANYONE, in my opinion and experience, is a development unsurpassed.

But of a man I could never say: "he should have had that baby", due to the fact of non-existent male pregnancy. Thus far anyway.

Remember how she said she was going to adopt a little girl? Even that; she should have done it. Rather than just carrying around those yippy dog accessories.

So here's me, maintaining my opinion that, had she been forced to put another person before her spoilt princess self in her life by way of becoming a parent--- I honestly feel she would have aged much more palatable.
Someone hasn’t seen “Mommie Dearest.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
amen.. its impossible that you might just find this woman atrocious because of her own terrible actions/attitudes..you MUST be a sexist if you criticize Stevie, for anything, ever! the lack of self awareness and common sense from some of the posters here really disturbs me
That's just bull and you know it.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-10-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Old 12-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I daresay people can be outraged at the band's treatment of Lindsey and simultaneously outraged at other world issues. As for time spent, posting one's disdain takes no longer than posting one's defense.
Then we should change the wold for the better together, by harnessing the righteous anger here. WTF....
Old 12-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
lol! Yes, there are plenty of selfish mothers out there... and worse.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
The reactions to the firing are extreme in many cases and have been twisted into really ugly stuff about the rest of the band. It is totally beyond me how anyone could spew so much vitriol about Stevie and Mick in particular for like ten months after the firing!?. Injustice? Get a grip. As has been said already, there is too much real injustice in the world. Take your noble sense of justice and fairness and go out and apply it to something that matters. Haunt sites where there is an audience to hear your sentiments about abused minorities or lack of funding for health care or bullied or abused kids. Or seek professional help. Some of you are on here daily vomiting the same old bile.
Nice attitude.

I'll not bore you with the details of my life fighting injustice, you don't seem worth that.
Nor any more replies.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sasja, in my view, a millionaire was fired from a rock band, so now he is on a successful solo tour and suing the band for millions of dollars. I just can't get outraged like some people are. However, I am very fierce about injustices like white supremacy, neo-Nazis, and equal rights for all people. When things like that are on the rise in America, I simply won't with the same fervor condemn a rock band for firing one of their members. And listening to FM helps me to escape from those issues just a little bit.

That is where I'm coming from and how I stand in the world. Doesn't mean I'm wrong or right, that's just my viewpoint.
Thank you for the elucidation, bwboy. And I am glad to read your world stances!
It's a valid point, his being a millionaire. But would you also not consider him
an artist having been cut off from a huge, if not the main, medium (band-form) of the expression of his repertoire and part of his life work? For reasons of, as it seems, merely pettiness and spite?

The suing recourse he has now taken seems to be a last resort one, more to get their attention since attempts to reach out to his former band mates all met with a wall.

Again, to myself, a fiercely loyal person who also values that highly in the people around in my own life, how sad that he has been treated like this. Without substantiated reason.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No I haven't
Sounds like I probably shouldn't, huh?

Old 12-08-2018, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ex
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Thank you for the elucidation, bwboy. And I am glad to read your world stances!
It's a valid point, his being a millionaire. But would you also not consider him
an artist having been cut off from a huge, if not the main, medium (band-form) of the expression of his repertoire and part of his life work? For reasons of, as it seems, merely pettiness and spite?

The suing recourse he has now taken seems to be a last resort one, more to get their attention since attempts to reach out to his former band mates all met with a wall.

Again, to myself, a fiercely loyal person who also values that highly in the people around in my own life, how sad that he has been treated like this. Without substantiated reason.
I do think Lindsey's expression of creativity is very importance to him, sasja. But considering Stevie was never going to record with him again, I don't think Fleetwood Mac was ever going to be a viable outlet for him to expend that positive creativity again. He can now focus on delivering new material as a solo artist.

I have no problem with Lindsey suing FM, and I think there's a great chance he'll either win or accept a substantial settlement. The band will be fine either way, they're not going to end up in subsidized housing as a result of this lawsuit And while I agree with you this lawsuit is about how Lindsey feels he was treated by the band, I also acknowledge it's about money, too, and that's 100% fine with me. Lindsey and his family (and financial team) was expecting that income from the tour, and to have it yanked so suddenly and without warning would have an impact on them. He has every right to sue them.

I'm glad you feel loyalty to Lindsey and I have no problem with that. I love his music and I love their music, so I'm still loyal to them all to various degrees. I guess my irritation with some posters is the idea that I'm not truly loyal or I must not be a true Lindsey fan, or I would be just as outraged at what happened. The fact is, Lindsey's stock has risen immensely since he was fired, and we should all be thrilled for him! His tour is successful, he's giving high profile interviews, he's got lots of sympathy and support- and we'll be getting new music from him, and much sooner than if he were on a world tour. Plus, he'll get the money from said tour that he should have gotten, anyway. All things considered, that's an incredible silver lining for the man and his fans. So yeah, that tempers any outrage I might try to muster

Last edited by bwboy; 12-08-2018 at 07:00 AM..
Old 12-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Ex

I do think Lindsey's expression of creativity is very importance to him, sasja. But considering Stevie was never going to record with him again, I don't think Fleetwood Mac was ever going to be a viable outlet for him to expend that positive creativity again. He can now focus on delivering new material as a solo artist.

I have no problem with Lindsey suing FM, and I think there's a great chance he'll either win or accept a substantial settlement. The band will be fine either way, they're not going to end up in subsidized housing as a result of this lawsuit And while I agree with you this lawsuit is about how Lindsey feels he was treated by the band, I also acknowledge it's about money, too, and that's 100% fine with me. Lindsey and his family (and financial team) was expecting that income from the tour, and to have it yanked so suddenly and without warning would have an impact on them. He has every right to sue them.

I'm glad you feel loyalty to Lindsey and I have no problem with that. I love his music and I love their music, so I'm still loyal to them all to various degrees. I guess my irritation with some posters is the idea that I'm not truly loyal or I must not be a true Lindsey fan, or I would be just as outraged at what happened. The fact is, Lindsey's stock has risen immensely since he was fired, and we should all be thrilled for him! His tour is successful, he's giving high profile interviews, he's got lots of sympathy and support- and we'll be getting new music from him, and much sooner than if he were on a world tour. Plus, he'll get the money from said tour that he should have gotten, anyway. All things considered, that's an incredible silver lining for the man and his fans. So yeah, that tempers any outrage I might try to muster
Just because there is a "silver lining" as you called it, doesn't mean it was right. It was a s****y move, one you do NOT do without running the risk of people condemning such move. I choose to condemn that move, which is my choice. And I will not support a group or people who have such little respect for a bandmate, the legacy of their band, and the fans.

And remember, they have tried to cover this up and lie about it. That is so disrespectful to everyone. I will not support a group that would do that.

My choice is to be outraged, and you have your choice to not be outraged.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That's just bull**** and you know it.
Correct.. you & the many others crying sexist at any criticism towards Stevie Nicks is utter bull****. It couldn't be that she just sucks as a human.
There was also a time when Lindsey sucked as a human. You know what happened? He grew up. That thing Stevie never seemed to do.
But I guess when you have no other argument or defense it's just convenient to pull the sexism card. Just know it's super transparent

Last edited by The Chain; 12-08-2018 at 11:33 AM..
Old 12-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Correct.. you & the many others crying sexist at any criticism towards Stevie Nicks is utter bull****. It couldn't be that she just sucks as a human.
There was also a time when Lindsey sucked as a human. You know what happened? He grew up. That thing Stevie never seemed to do.
But I guess when you have no other argument or defense it's just convenient to pull the sexism card. Just know it's super transparent
THIS THIS THIS.

The utter bullsh*t is that you're not allowed to dislike a SH*TTY human being, because they're a woman. THAT is the bullsh*t here.

And you're spot on about them. Lindsey finally grew up. $he didn't(and it's too late for her, now). $he's jealous of his grown up life. Very jealous. "I'm the star, yet he won...I'll show him!"
Old 12-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Chain and Homer:
The fact that you don't like to be called sexists does not change the fact. Because telling me that I pull the sexist card is misogyn in itself - because that's transparent as well.
Sorry, but that's what it is.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Chain and Homer:
The fact that you don't like to be called sexists does not change the fact. Because telling me that I pull the sexist card is misogyn in itself - because that's transparent as well.
Sorry, but that's what it is.
yikes. Please find one instance where I lobbed a criticism at Stevie based on her sex, or said anything remotely misogynistic about her.. Oh you can't? That's because my problems with her have nothing to do with her being a woman, and everything to do with her growing into the terrible person she's become. You do realize I used to love Stevie as a person/personality more than I did Lindsey.. People change. Not always for the best.

So according to you, there's nobody on this planet currently, or at any point in history that has ever cried sexism where it doesn't exist, and calling that out when its so painfully obvious, is misogynistic? Give me a break. We know where you stand- its not ok to criticize any woman, ever

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-10-2018 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: moderated
Old 12-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And in the end, you give me advice that I did not ask for, implying that I have mental problems. Belittling women like that has a long history, it's kinda sad that you have to retreat to something so pathetic and - well - misogynist.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And in the end, you give me advice that I did not ask for, implying that I have mental problems. Belittling women like that has a long history, it's kinda sad that you have to retreat to something so pathetic and - well - misogynist.

Got it, so basically you're protected from any kind of criticism, you have no flaws that could possibly be pointed out, and if anyone thinks otherwise, they're a sexist because you're a woman. Like I said initially, yikes.