Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2002, 09:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Gold Dust Woman

Hello,

I am new to the forum...had a particular question. I still have the old 8 track tape of Rumours that I first heard when I was about 3. Being a Rumours person, I have the LP, the 8 Track, Cassette, and CD of this album, and "Gold Dust Woman" is different on every one of these!

To me, the 8 track version is better so far. The screams at the end are more noticeable AND the song does not fade. The problem with the 8 track: too much hiss and not enough treble; there is so much hiss, you cannot tell where the song actually ends, as you can also hear parts of another track in the background.

The LP is also great, as it is "sped up" just a little and the screams are just as the 8 track, but the song fades in and fades out.

The Cassette fades in and out as well, but it fades out very early, as the LP fades very close to the end.

The CD is just right except for two things: one, the screams are buried in the background, and two: it fades right at the end, but it does not quite finish.

Okay, are there any versions out there that might do the song justice? What about The Chain CD set? I don't have that, but it may have the song just perfect on there, if it's on there at all. To me, the end of the song is just as good as the rest of the song, and I'm dying to find a fantastic version out there somewhere. I've the slightest idea if there's a single version, so I haven't went that route yet. Maybe there is a newly remastered Rumours CD?

What about it folks?