Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Live 1989

I was listening to a live show from Stevie’s OSOTM tour and her voice was amazing. She was much more focused vocally then she was on her last solo tour. She really hit all the high notes and had a great set list.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

True - her voice was a lot better on the 1989 tour. No growling and no doing weird things with her voice as in the 'RAL' concerts.

But the trade-off was that physically she was a zombie onstage because of the klonopin. I saw 4 of the shows, and at each one, she basically just stood at the mic with a blank stare. And then she would disappear backstage to change after EACH and EVERY song.

Adn she barely said a word, except to do band intros. She definitely was no Chatterbox-Stevie like she was on the 24K Gold tour!

She only came to life during 'Stand Back' and 'Whole Lotta Trouble'.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I was listening to a live show from Stevie’s OSOTM tour and her voice was amazing. She was much more focused vocally then she was on her last solo tour. She really hit all the high notes and had a great set list.
The radio show from Texas is really good, even songs like Alice that I didn't care for on the album sounded really nice live with the delay. I believe she did Rooms on Fire also.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
True - her voice was a lot better on the 1989 tour. No growling and no doing weird things with her voice as in the 'RAL' concerts.

But the trade-off was that physically she was a zombie onstage because of the klonopin. I saw 4 of the shows, and at each one, she basically just stood at the mic with a blank stare. And then she would disappear backstage to change after EACH and EVERY song.

Adn she barely said a word, except to do band intros. She definitely was no Chatterbox-Stevie like she was on the 24K Gold tour!

I’m just happy I was there to see all those live shows.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post

You hit the nail on the head with this post. Yes her voice was so much better than RAL but of all the Stevie tours I saw, TOSOTM was my least favorite. And this is coming from someone who thought the album was fairly good. The show I saw was the blank stare all night and never chatted with the audience except for band intros (just as you said). There is a thread on this site about the OSOTM tour stories and most reviews were horrible. They basically said the Hooters as the opening act was the highlight of the show. Besides being like a zombie, her setlist was so emotionless and each song was basically the same tempo and mood as the others. Of course Edge and Stand Back were the exception. My hometown paper even put in their review with asking her reps why she never moved on stage. Her reps told the paper that she recently broke her foot and was favoring it. It also said the same thing that she tried to turn up the heat a few times with Stand Back and Whole Lotta Trouble but otherwise her set fell flat. IMHO her set was so in need of Stop Draggin and Talk To Me (as much as I hate the song) as just mood changing songs. Talk to Me was dropped after Canada which was really early. Something rocky and peppy was so needed. I thought it was so strange she did not perform Rhiannon most nights. The 1989 version of Gold Dust Woman is nails on a chalkboard for me. OMG 80's cheezy keyboards and a funky percussion beat. But worst of all were the robotic "Oh yeah's" almost after each line. "Dig your grave.......oh yeah" "Pray hard baby" "oh yeah" OMG it was horrible. OMG. Even worse was the keyboardist singing Two Kinds of Love. Wow was he over singing his parts almost like auditioning for American Idol. Totally ruined the song and I actually like the album cut.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-18-2020 at 03:09 PM..
Old 07-18-2020, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me the worse part was the percussionist (I can't remember his name) and Sharon and Lori dancing across the stage during the Edge intro. It was so un Fleetwood Mac and Stevie. Very pop, not Rock n Roll at all.

I hated it. I also didn't like her costumes or her hair. It was teased to high heaven. And the shoulder pads. Lord. I thought it was because she wanted to camoflauge her weight gain. But I think she was going for the 80's pop look and sound. My least favorite tour.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-18-2020, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
For me the worse part was the percussionist (I can't remember his name) and Sharon and Lori dancing across the stage during the Edge intro. It was so un Fleetwood Mac and Stevie. Very pop, not Rock n Roll at all.

I hated it. I also didn't like her costumes or her hair. It was teased to high heaven. And the shoulder pads. Lord. I thought it was because she wanted to camoflauge her weight gain. But I think she was going for the 80's pop look and sound. My least favorite tour.
Agree not the best “look” but she sounded great.😎
Old 07-18-2020, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post

Peter Michael (Nicole Ritchie's biological father) was the percussionist.

Oh yes, the 1989 hair! It looked like big white cotton candy under the lights!

And those ugly little hats! Plus the giant crosses and bustiers!

On the other hand, the tourbook was very nice from this tour. Nicely designed with good photos. Then went downhill later after her no-talent brother Christopher took over.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But worst of all were the robotic "Oh yeah's" almost after each line. "Dig your grave.......oh yeah" "Pray hard baby" "oh yeah" OMG it was horrible. OMG.
When I used to host FM weekend pool parties at my house, the one thing I'd ride all the $tevie fans(most were- and it was always FM videos late night, after a day of drinking in the water) about was about HOW $HE'D ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE THE LAST WORD. NO MATTER who's singing, $he has to follow their last word with SOMETHING. "Oh yeah"....."CHAAAAAIIIIINNNNNN, YEAH".

$he ALWAYS has to have the last word. LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2020, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
When I used to host FM weekend pool parties at my house, the one thing I'd ride all the $tevie fans(most were- and it was always FM videos late night, after a day of drinking in the water) about was about HOW $HE'D ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE THE LAST WORD. NO MATTER who's singing, $he has to follow their last word with SOMETHING. "Oh yeah"....."CHAAAAAIIIIINNNNNN, YEAH".

$he ALWAYS has to have the last word. LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!!!
Wait a second go back. FM weekend pool parties???
Old 07-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Yes they were a blast while they lasted. Homer twirled in his beach towel and speedo pretending to be Stevie.
Great times

Poet, Priest of nothing
the parties were legend
Old 07-19-2020, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post

Yes. About a decade ago, several(5) of us figured out that we only lived about 1-2 hours from each other. I got invited to a little party from a Ledgie in Indy(about an hour away from my town). I went, and we all hit it off, and as fate would have it, ~I~ actually live halfway between 5 of them(Indy for 2, and the Indiana-Kentucky line for 3 others). And I have a fairly big house with an inground pool, so we began having a couple FM party weekends every summer at my house.

They eventually ended about 5 years ago. There was some (NON EXISTENT) drama that somebody dreamed up, and they left the party early that weekend. So I was upset - that someone was upset with me, over something that never happened(I got an apology some time later for it). I just basically stopped offering to host after that(I was also downsizing my life - I'd been living a "rock star" life for about 5 years, and I was growing tired of it).

But they were a LOT of fun. I'd set a small P.A. system(I do audio for bands) up in the gazebo by my pool, and we'd JAM FM all weekend long, testing our livers and ability to stay on a float while inebriated!
Old 07-19-2020, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes they were a blast while they lasted. Homer twirled in his beach towel and speedo pretending to be Stevie.
Great times

Poet, Priest of nothing
the parties were legend
Yes. Homer twirling in a beach towel, with my hairs up in a Tusk bun, doing my Edge walk on the pool's edge. Quite stunning!!!!

I actually mocked $tevie most of the weekend, and they GOT my humor, without getting their panties in a wad.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most FM thing ever for FM pool parties to end due to petty drama.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Most FM thing ever for FM pool parties to end due to petty drama.
Tru dat!!! And we were all very close, too. But I don't do drama, so when it began, I just backed off and the parties ended. I still love those friends, though. We last got together for the second show of the BuckVie tour in Nashville.

Believe it or not, they were all hardcore Ledgies, with thousands of posts. We all left here(if I remember correctly) during the Great Ledge Implosion of 2007. We all went on to other FM sites. I was gone for 3 years I think, then came back. They never did...