User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Can you name some bands with more than one great guitar player (in ...
By admin
Fleetwood Mac – Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer,Danny Kirwan The Paul Butterfield Blues Band – Mike Bloomfiled, Elvin Bishop Little Feat – Lowell George, Paul Barrere. Permalink. Drop Dead Fred wrote at 10:26 - 25th April 2010 Permalink ...
Golf - http://golf.juegin.com/
There are (were) lots around, I'll just stick to three of them:
Wishbone Ash: Ted Turner/Andy Powell
Allman Bros: Dicky Betts/Duane Allman
The BluesBlasters: Ronald Schoonveld/Peter van Heereveld/Wouter Vuijk
Old 05-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jeremy Spencer of Fleetwood Mac and The Bluesbreakers wsg ...
Detroit Event: Jeremy Spencer of Fleetwood Mac and The Bluesbreakers wsg Thornetta Davis - Find event details, directions, start time, and other related ...
http://events.detnews.com/detroit-mi...hornetta-davis
Old 05-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can you name some bands with more than one great guitar player (in ...
By admin
Fleetwood Mac – Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer,Danny Kirwan
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band – Mike Bloomfiled, Elvin Bishop
Little Feat – Lowell George, Paul Barrere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
There are (were) lots around, I'll just stick to three of them:
Wishbone Ash: Ted Turner/Andy Powell
Allman Bros: Dicky Betts/Duane Allman
The BluesBlasters: Ronald Schoonveld/Peter van Heereveld/Wouter Vuijk
Well, you're leaving out:

Fleetwood Mac (1971-72): Danny Kirwan/Bob Welch
Fleetwood Mac (1973): Bob Welch/Bob Weston

The Allman Bros RELY on two:

Dickey Betts/Dan Toler (1979-81)
Dickey Betts/Warren Haynes (1986-1993)
Dickey Betts/Jack Pearson (1993-94)
Dickey Betts/Derek Trucks (1994-2000)
Warren Haynes/Derek Trucks (2000-current)

And, there was that short lived incarnation of The Yardbirds: Jeff Beck/Jimmy Page

I can't even name 'em all, but Thin Lizzy made the twin guitar sound their signature.

And, then there's the "classic lineup" of the Eagles: Joe Walsh/Don Felder/(Glenn Frey - mostly rhythm but would toss in a lead here & there)

And, in the studio, Derek & The Dominos: Eric Clapton/Duane Allman

Blind Faith: Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood

Arc Angels: Charlie Sexton/Doyle Bramhall II

Clapton usually tours with an extraordinary co-guitarist: Either Doyle Bramhall II or Derek Trucks (or both)....he had Mark Knopfler with him in the late 80's....he had Tim Renwick (lead guitarist for Roger Waters) with him in '85...Albert Lee from 79-83...George Terry from 74-78.

Dave Mason Band (75-82): Dave Mason/Jim Kreuger

One incarnation of Savoy Brown: Kim Simmonds/Stan Webb/Miller Anderson

Well, and back when Stu Sutcliffe was playing bass, The Beatles: George Harrison/Paul McCartney

The Rolling Stones: Keith Richard/Brian Jones, Keith Richard/Mick Taylor, Keith Richard/Ron Wood

A short-lived incarnation of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers in the '80s: Coco Montoya/Walter Trout
Old 05-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Saturday, May 08, 2010
Another Blast From The Past

Before Stevie Nicks was the primary voice of Fleetwood Mac, there was this talented singer, songwriter, and musician who gave the band its distinctive sound and uniquely carved out style:

His name was Bob Welch.

He eventually left to go solo. He had a couple of decent releases, whilst the band went in another direction with Lindsey Buckingham and the women. Those who were not pleased with that direction, were able to enjoy that sound for a little while longer with Bob's solo work.

http://poli-yy.blogspot.com/2010/05/...m-past_08.html
Old 05-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Peter Green—Oh Well (Fleetwood Mac, Then Play On, 1969). Green is still alive, which is sort of amazing given the Class As and the schizophrenia. He replaced Eric Clapton in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, and did a better job. Green is pure blues here, and his most recent band, Peter Green’s Splinter Group, put out some fine blues albums in the 1990s and 2000s. After he left Mayall’s band he founded Fleetwood Mac—which he also left a couple of years later, but not before putting out the classic Then Play On. I recall seeing an interview with B.B. King at some point where he said the only guitarist that ever scared him was Green. Green has a very pure sound, much like what Mark Knopfler developed. Green got there first.

http://www.scholarsandrogues.com/201...-guitar-solos/
Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

May 13 in history « Homepaddock
By homepaddock
1950 Danny Kirwan, British musician (Fleetwood Mac), was born. 1950 Stevie Wonder, American singer and musician, was born. 1950 The first round of the Formula One World Championship was held at Silverstone. ...
Homepaddock - http://homepaddock.wordpress.com/
Old 05-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Top 13 Mad Musical Geniuses | The Top 13 | www.thetop13.com
This guitar legend and Fleetwood Mac founder influenced greats ranging from Jimmy Page to BB King. But Green also spent years binging on LSD and was in and out of mental hospitals, growing his fingernails bizarrely long (as you can see ...
The Top 13 - http://www.thetop13.com/
Old 05-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default whoever wrote this is stuck in a time warp

Fleetwood Mac Kiln House Rock Music CD Review

Kiln House is the latest Rock CD put out by the highly group Fleetwood Mac and they have once again delivered a brilliant collection of tracks. I’m confident Fleetwood Mac fans, and Rock fans alike will be pleased with this one.

It’s a rare day indeed that I get a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I’m more than happy to announce that’s exactly what I must say about this one. There simply isn’t a bad one in the bunch. No fillers here at all, with each song standing tall on it’s own.

Kiln House has a pleasantly varied, mix of 10 tracks that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly outstanding musicians. With many of the songs displaying a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Seemingly drawing from what I can only imagine are their own personal experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, and the pain of failed relationships can certainly be heard.

If you’re even mildly into Rock music you’ll enjoy this album. Overall Kiln House is an a great release. I give it my double thumbs up. You will not be disappointed with one single track.

While the entire album is outstanding the truly standout tunes are track 3 – Blood On The Floor, track 9 – Tell Me All The Things You Do, and track 10 – Mission Bell.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 – This Is The Rock. It’s a great track!

Kiln House Release Notes:
Fleetwood Mac originally released Kiln House on October 25, 1990 on the Reprise label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. This Is The Rock 2. Station Man 3. Blood On The Floor 4. Hi Ho Silver 5. Jewel Eyed Judy 6. Buddy’s Song 7. Earl Gray 8. One Together 9. Tell Me All The Things You Do 10. Mission Bell

Fleetwood Mac: Jeremy Spencer (vocals, guitar, piano); Danny Kirwan (vocals, guitar); Mick Fleetwood (drums). Additional personnel: Christine Perfect (background vocals).

http://newyorknewsbreak.com/fleetwoo...-review-095502
Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

June 2,2010
Fleetwood Mac Penguin Rock Music CD Review
Uncategorized Add commentsOne word describes the CD Penguin from Fleetwood Mac… AWESOME!

Refreshingly, this was one of those CDs I was able to just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

Penguin has a nicely varied, mix of 9 tracks that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly superb musicians. Most of the songs display a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Seemingly drawing from what I can only imagine are their own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, heartbreak, pain, failed relationships and unattainable romance. They’re all here.

I’m of the opinion that Penguin is certainly some of this groups best work in a few years. A totally enjoyable CD and an outstanding release. What I call must have music. I give it two thumbs up because it’s a collection that even the casual Rock fan can appreciate and enjoy.

While this entire CD is outstanding some of my favorites are track 2 – Bright Fire, track 7 – Did You Ever Love Me, and track 9 – Caught In The Rain

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 – Remember Me. Great track!

Penguin Release Notes:

Fleetwood Mac originally released Penguin on March 22, 1990 on the Warner Bros. Records label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Remember Me 2. Bright Fire 3. Dissatisfied 4. Road Runner (I’m A) 5. Derelict, The 6. Revelation 7. Did You Ever Love Me 8. Night Watch 9. Caught In The Rain

Fleetwood Mac: Bob Weston (vocals, slide guitar, banjo, harmonica); Bob Welch (vocals, guitar); Dave Walker (vocals, harmonica); Christine McVie (vocals, keyboards); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums, percussion).

Additional personnel: Steve Nye (organ, steel drums); Ralph Richardson, Russel Valdez, Fred Totesaut.

Recorded at the Rolling Stones Mobile Unit, Hampshire, England in January 1973.

http://www.justapple.us/fleetwood-ma...cd-review.html
Old 06-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Over $500.00 for a poster!!! You can eat my ear for that kinda money. Everyone stays close to the fireplace!
I have an original Filmore poster from 1969. On the bill are JR. Walker & the All Stars, Fleetwood Mac, Lee Michaels and Tony Jo White. I bought it about sixteen years ago. I don't think I paid more than $100 for it. My original Monterey Pop from 1967 was a bit more - $400. Rare as it is, I've seen one sell recently for $1000. This is my idea of "fine art" !

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-03-2010 at 10:11 PM..
Old 06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fire walk with me | Fairtilizer blog: The Do It Yourself Music Club
By Fairtilizer
It was so nice to re-edit some lost songs by artists like Fleetwood Mac or Todd Rundgren; distort, accelerate, twist them and force them to obey me. The result is something very emotional to me. It's like my bedroom soundtrack with no ...
Fairtilizer blog: The Do It Yourself... - http://blog.fairtilizer.com/
Old 06-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bob Welch - 'Lose Your...' + 'Carolene' (1977)

Bob Welch was the singer and guitar player for Fleetwood Mac before Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham joined, so he's not very well known. A lot of his songs tend to sound alike, which is to say the songs feature his voice and guitar and no real frills. This is actually a good thing.

The year that Fleetwood Mac had their unprecedented success with Rumours, Welch released a little album called French Kiss. It had two hits, 'Sentimental Lady' and 'Ebony Eyes.' The remainder of the album was solid, if not terribly innovative. I pick 'Carolene' as the best of the non-hits.

Welch had a small theme in French Kiss. The last song of side one was 'Lose My Heart.' The last song on side two was 'Lose Your Heart.' Wedged in between the other four songs on side two, there was a 42-second teaser called 'Lose Your...' leading into 'Carolene.' Technically, 'Carolene' is a stand-alone song but I can't listen to one without the other.

http://threepartsfoolish.blogspot.com/
Old 06-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Even Rock Stars Get The Blues

There's a blues undercurrent to the album, from the title to opener "Jefferson Jericho Blues" to something more indefinable and haunted in the shadows. If anything, Mojo hews close to the blazing blues-rock of early Fleetwood Mac.
"I love Peter Green! He's one of my idols. I could listen to Peter Green all day. And that's very much what I had in mind on a lot of the [new] stuff. I wanted to get a sound that mixed up say the Chicago Chess stuff and John Mayall, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, early Jeff Beck Group. These were records I played to the engineer a lot before we began the project," says Petty. "I told him, 'I want the guitars right up loud, as loud as the vocals when [Mike] plays,' and I think we succeeded at that. Mike's just amazing. He really stepped up and did his part."

Campbell is right out front on Mojo. It's a refreshing change of pace and perhaps a chance for folks who haven't paid close attention the past 35 years to discover just how tremendous a guitarist Mike Campbell truly is. Often he's an extremely tasteful, subtle, respectful player, working into the muscular of the music rather than riding on top.

"I tried to kinda drum that out of him [laughs]. It was like, 'Okay, let's show 'em what you can do. Just rip and have some fun.' He never let us down," enthuses Petty. "I've known Mike and Ben for so long and they still amaze me. I couldn't dream of playing with anyone else."

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Stor...?storyID=23022
Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tom Petty: Something Good Coming | ICT magazine
I wanted to get a sound that mixed up say the Chicago Chess stuff and John Mayall, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, early Jeff Beck Group. These were records I played to the engineer a lot before we began the project, says Petty.
ICT magazine - http://www.ictmag.info/
Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A bluesier approach to this 1973 Fleetwood Mac classic originally sung by Bob Welch. Bob Welch I ain't, so I went this direction. Hope you dig it! Thanks for checking it out. All attempts at vocals and instrumentation by EW.

Released: Jun 11, 2010 | 12:18 PM
Category: Blues
Application: GarageBand
Loop Use: No loops

File Type: .mp3
File Size: 8.87 MB

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=142578