User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She wasn't juggling promoting multiple projects on the TISL tour. There was some space where she could talk about Fleetwood Mac's future.
When people are asking about a future album now, she can address it now. No one is asking her to write songs now. Just say if she's in.

With TISL she was promoting a tour and a new album just like she is right now and that didn't stop her from talking about the upcoming FM project, Christine leaving, the end of The Dance, etc. If you look at the TISL interviews, all of these topics were covered in the articles about her back then.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
With TISL she was promoting a tour and a new album just like she is right now and that didn't stop her from talking about the upcoming FM project, Christine leaving, the end of The Dance, etc. If you look at the TISL interviews, all of these topics were covered in the articles about her back then.
Again, though, that tour was in promotion for the album, so it was really just one project. The Fleetwood Mac tour has nothing to do with 24 Karat Gold.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You said the same thing last year.
Not me. I didn't say that because I realized that they had to make up the concerts they canceled last year and I also thought they would come back to the U.S. and do some summer sheds. So, I thought they would tour this year. I just didn't know it would be the full blown tour that it has turned out to be.

So, I expected them to tour in 2014 and 2015. But I don't expect them to tour in 2016. I don't know about 2017.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, though, that tour was in promotion for the album, so it was really just one project. The Fleetwood Mac tour has nothing to do with 24 Karat Gold.
No one is asking her to work on another project. She's just being asked to SYW.

Besides, this gal knows how to multi-task.

Quote:
"I was there at the very beginning," she says, "but you plan an album on a cycle kind of thing. What happened is everything took a little longer, so I ended up being on the second single from my album and getting ready to go on the road when Fleetwood Mac really got started on it.

"Lindsey was doing another solo album, too. If he hadn’t been Lindsey - if he’d have been me - then he could’ve gone ahead and done his at the same time Fleetwood Mac was doing theirs. But Lindsey, having to be the boss - and pretty much the head of this particular tribe at this particular moment - he couldn’t do both. I could, because there wasn’t all that much for me to do, in the technical sense, at the beginning of the record. I didn’t feel weird about it because I didn’t have any choice."
Old 10-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, I expected them to tour in 2014 and 2015. But I don't expect them to tour in 2016. I don't know about 2017.
I stand corrected, but I still believe there will be a 2016 tour that will extend into 2017. I think the 2016/17 tour will be in support of a new album, which will have Stevie on it. I think this tour will go through late September, 2015 and the tour in support of the new album will begin in October, 2016. That gives them a year off the road and gives them time to finish the album. Stevie could even do a short spring/summer tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stand corrected, but I still believe there will be a 2016 tour that will extend into 2017. I think the 2016/17 tour will be in support of a new album, which will have Stevie on it. I think this tour will go through late September, 2015 and the tour in support of the new album will begin in October, 2016. That gives them a year off the road and gives them time to finish the album. Stevie could even do a short spring/summer tour.
I would not doubt that some members of the band (not Stevie) do have a schedule in mind, exactly along the lines you have laid out.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I think Lindsey would like You May be the One.
well i like ... love that too
but i was thinking most recent and all i could think of that wasn't IYD was YCFT
Old 10-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting plan but I don't see it happening... By the end of the tour in 2015 Stevie will have toured with FM 3 years in a row so they are on borrowed time and I certainly don't see Stevie extending it to 4 or 5 years in a row with FM.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would not doubt that some members of the band (not Stevie) do have a schedule in mind, exactly along the lines you have laid out.
Other than speculation from fans, I haven't seen any recent comments from Stevie or the others that suggest she's not on board for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Interesting plan but I don't see it happening... By the end of the tour in 2015 Stevie will have toured with FM 3 years in a row so they are on borrowed time and I certainly don't see Stevie extending it to 4 or 5 years in a row with FM.
If not for Christine's return and John's cancer scare, I'd agree. But the equation changed, and Stevie's attitude about the band's future has also likely changed.

Of course, things could easily change again on this tour. For some reason, though, that they extended the tour seems like a good sign for the band's future.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 10-13-2014 at 08:49 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
a blurb i just found about what Mick said at that m&g:

"He was asked about the new album and his response was that they do plan on finishing it once they get a gap in between touring... and mentioned a second leg had been added (later announced on The Today Show). So wasn't sure when... but it will happen. Also said they needed to persuade Stevie to take part. Said they had a lot of recorded material to choose from... So there's is not timetable it seems for the album, just that it will happen."

it was posted here, in the comments section at the bottom: http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...l#comment-form

Thank you, Elle.

Whether the band decides to release a new album or not, they won't be able to do another tour after this without new music. since big money has always been a factor in the decisions these musicians make, new music has to be forthcoming. And it better be. We've all waited decades.

If it has to be sans Stevie, so be it. I love her and all, but the musical chemistry between the remaining four is powerful enough to satisfy my ears.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Is she worried about the oversaturation of the Mac with these back to back oldies tours?
Oversaturation? No such thing exists in the Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks camp!

I would hate for what could possibly be Fleetwood Mac's last album to be Stevie free. She could pull a Tango move and make some cursory contributions to the album, then complain about it later. It's rather startling that she isn't inspired at all to work again with Christine in the studio.

Speculation has run rampant. I wish Stevie would address the issue and reassure fans that she is excited to make a new album now that Christine is on board. There will be a some vilification towards her if she doesn't step up and bows out. I'm sure a Lindsey/Christine album is feasible, but it's just not right at this stage in the game for Stevie to disrespect the people and institution who plucked her out of looming obscurity. Three songs and some harmony parts isn't much to ask for. After all, she is not a musician, so she has it much easier than the rest of them. They are carrying most of the weight. "She did her work, but Mac fans were quietly crying. Does she ever feel guilty about not even trying. Sad pampered Stevie."

Take some hard advice Stevie. Go write some real songs!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-13-2014 at 11:24 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think we need to stop speculating so much and just wait and see. In all honesty, if we know anything about the Mac it is that they work in a "last minute decision" style. There could very well be a new album with all five involved as I find it highly unlikely that they would tour again with just the hits...there would not be much justification.

I think, to be honest, that Christine coming back to the band changed everything. Had she not, I do believe that sometime after the 2013 tour there would have been a new album (or at least a more cohesive EP) that the band would at some point tour behind. With Christine coming back, I think the band and their managers saw this as a great way to capitalize. They are essentially doing what they have done in 2009 and 2013, only this time Christine is here. From a marketing standpoint, a greatest hits tour with the whole lineup is big money. I am as glad as anyone to have Christine back and I do think the format of this tour is justified, however I believe it has taken place of working on new Fleetwood Mac music to be released in the near future.

Most likely what will happen is that this tour will last until June 2015. I am sure that Stevie will do some performing for the 24 Karat gold release. To her credit, she has given a lot towards the band this time around as she is not even mentioning her new album at the shows. Stevie is a dedicated Fleetwood Mac member and I am sure that if the band does go on to make a new album, which I hope they do, she will be a part of it.

As a personal side note, I would hate to think that all Stevie would do is "throw the band some other tunes from the vault," to paraphrase another poster. If the band do in fact make a new album it should be heartfelt and creatively invigorating for them (like the work with Buckingham and McVie seems to have been). When I listen to an album by a band I don't want to hear forced music...it needs to be real.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This according to Mick at a meet and greet. So Stevie only wanted Christine back to tour? She hates Lindsey that much? Well count me as someone seriously disappointed in her.
Meh, unless I see a direct quote from Mick I'm taking this with a large grain of salt.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
I think we need to stop speculating so much and just wait and see.
This ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Most likely what will happen is that this tour will last until June 2015. I am sure that Stevie will do some performing for the 24 Karat gold release. To her credit, she has given a lot towards the band this time around as she is not even mentioning her new album at the shows. Stevie is a dedicated Fleetwood Mac member and I am sure that if the band does go on to make a new album, which I hope they do, she will be a part of it.
This^^^

Of course, now that Stevie's record is out, here all you go again with the b*tching about Stevie "holding back Fleetwood Mac". Let's not take such an innocuous comment Mick said about "persuading Stevie to take part in recording a new album" as her "not being on board". These cats really don't hang out with each other on a regular basis anymore, except to go on tour, promote themselves on interviews and talk shows, make business decisions and record albums. All 5 of these band members have their own "entourages" and "posse" when they tour. It's been like this since Tusk. It is highly possible that Mick and the band really haven't had the opportunity to discuss a new album project with her because this tour is the main focus at the moment.

I'm sure that Stevie is well aware that Lindsey and Chris have been writing new material...and I'm sure, whenever asked, that Stevie will totally be on board with recording a new Fleetwood Mac record.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Meh, unless I see a direct quote from Mick I'm taking this with a large grain of salt.
I often take Mick with a grain of salt even when it is a direct quote.