Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default 3rd Single

Any guesses what or if they are going to release a 3rd single to radio off SYW? My vote would be for a remix of "Smile At You" or for "Running Through The Garden"--thoughts?
Old 08-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A remix of "Everybody Finds Out" or "Thrown Down" album version would be my vote. But no matter what, they will have to do a video. And not a live video, a *gasp* concept video. Their video would get major rotation on VH1, I know. Especially EFO because it has more "edge."

EFO is the hit, in my opinion. That's just my thoughts though!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Ledgie

I agree...

Every Body Finds out would get quite a bit of airplay... :-D
got too see-through. Personally, I think that sexy is keeping yourself
mysterious. I'm really an old-fashioned girl, and I think I'm totally sexy." ~Stevie Nicks
Old 08-05-2003, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think if a 3rd single were in the stars they'd be playing it in concert, and there's no way they're releasing Come or Goodbye Baby.
If they were to release another, I love RTTG, and I could see SYHA doing well on the soft stations and supermarket rotations.

- Jake
Old 08-05-2003, 02:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

hmm i don't think there will be a 3rd single... but if so I would choose "Destiny Rules" or "Thrown Down" or "Smile at You"... good songs... maybe not "smile at you" so much.. i just like how this track has powerful Stevie vocals... not too radio friendly though...

"everybody finds out" would be a very interesting choice but I highly doubt that would be a single... it definetly would be a single if it was on a Stevie album...
Old 08-05-2003, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going with "Steal Your Heart Away" and "Thrown Down" as the final singles on the album. Mick mentioned both of these songs in an interview a few months ago as really having "the Fleetwood Mac sound." He was talking about how the album was a bit edgy, but that those two tracks were very FM-ish.
Old 08-05-2003, 05:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'd really love to see Thrown Down as a single. It's one of my favourite songs from the album (for the personal connection I make with the lyrics *sigh*) .

I really think this would get a lot of airplay, especially in Europe/UK

Love and happiness from Sarah
Old 08-05-2003, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thrown Down or WTWCT (as much as people here seem to hate this song, it sounds very radio friendly.)
Old 08-05-2003, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Agreed...

Quote:
Originally posted by jmn3
I'm going with "Steal Your Heart Away" and "Thrown Down" as the final singles on the album. Mick mentioned both of these songs in an interview a few months ago as really having "the Fleetwood Mac sound." He was talking about how the album was a bit edgy, but that those two tracks were very FM-ish.
I agree with Mick, and I agree with you! I vote for, "Thrown Down" or SYHA!!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What's the point? They won't do a frigging video, so not a damn thing will happen. If they release a new single, it'll pop on the chart and drop right off as soon as it's released, just like SYW did.

But if they were to learn how to release a single now, my vote would go to EFO or Thrown Down. I adore SYHA, but it just doesn't sound radio friendly to me. It would get shafted onto the "At Work Listening Stations" for dentist offices and hair salons. The more edgy songs at least have a shot at going to AAA.

Sarah
Old 08-05-2003, 09:19 AM
Ledgie

Default Re: 3rd Single

Quote:
Originally posted by azgypsy
Any guesses what or if they are going to release a 3rd single to radio off SYW? My vote would be for a remix of "Smile At You" or for "Running Through The Garden"--thoughts?
More than likely Destiny Rules or Thrown Down. My dark horse, though, would be Miranda.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah
What's the point? They won't do a frigging video, so not a damn thing will happen. If they release a new single, it'll pop on the chart and drop right off as soon as it's released, just like SYW did.
Well, they did a video for Peacekeeper. And SYW is still climbing the charts. It's only been out for 4 or 5 weeks. Patience, my friends. I think Dreams was on the charts longer than that before it got above number 10.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default re:

My vote goes to a radio-friendly remix of "Thrown Down". EFO does not sound like Fleetwood Mac and even though "SYHA" has potenial, they'd really have to spruce it up a bit. But I do love Christine's vocals on that track.

But if I had a million dollars, I'd bet against a video for any third single. Who ever decided against a video really screwed the fans big time.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:53 AM

Everybody Finds Out as a single!? Smile at You? Running through the Garden?

What are you guys smoking?

The only other songs, besides Peacekeeper and SYW, that are commercial enough to be released as singles:

What's the World Coming To
Bleed to Love Her
Thrown Down
Steal Your Heart Away

That's a total of six songs in the whole album. And that ain't bad.

But let's face it, just because you like EFO or Garden, it doesn't mean it would ever make it as a single. Garden would, if we had a time machine that took us back to 1984!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Everybody Finds Out as a single!? Smile at You? Running through the Garden?

What are you guys smoking?

But let's face it, just because you like EFO or Garden, it doesn't mean it would ever make it as a single.
Carne, this thread is about our opinions. And that is your opinion. So please don't just laugh off other's so easily. And a lot of people's opinions [on other boards where this topic has been discussed] is that EFO is the song that could help them gain commercial success, because it sounds more "modern" and is quite catchy and radio friendly [if the length is trimmed down a bit]. That is what they're going for, right?

But I agree with whoever said that this album is definitely growing on the charts. The song SYW is gaining more and more airplay. I'm sure most people out there didn't even KNOW that FM had a new album out. Hopefully this single and subsequent others will get that info out to more people.