Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs down TM sale as bad as presale!

What is up with TM today? The selection of tickets is as unpredictable and as poor as the selection given during the various presales. I still have not seen one ticket past section 9! Has ANYONE been successful in getting decent seats for MSG?

Also, tonight I can't even log onto TM, is it down?

Eileen
You only said you'd never leave me

~SN, Rose Garden~
Old 08-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I experienced the same nonsense. I won front row for Madison Square Garden, so I was only trying for a single seat for Jones Beach today.

I was online and ready at ten minutes to 10:00. Then 10:01, 10:02, etc. etc.. finally the tickets went on sale and I kept getting messages for five minutes saying the system was unavailable because of "maintenance". When I finally got through, the only seats were towards the rear of the first section and off to the side.

Not to sound spoiled, but when you've seen the Mac so close at other shows, you really don't want to sit too far away - especially when the show is in your home area.

One day soon, we will all be seeing some bad news about Ticketmaster on CNN or the such. They are nothing but a racket.

Oh well. Good luck. And don't forget about those radio contests!

We won yesterday, and my friend Michelle (Rhiannon1119) won today.

More contests this weekend, so listen up!!

Good luck and take care,

Bob
Old 08-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Bob, I had the same experience at the beginning of the sale this morning...quite frustrating!!

Congrats to you and also Michelle for winning such wonderful tickets! What station(s) did you win from? Of course I'm out of town this weekend, so hopefully there will still be something left to win next week! Last show we snagged 13th row, so I know what you mean about not wanting to be further back. Call me spoiled, but when I'm dropping $149 a ticket, I want to be c l o s e!

Eileen

~SN, Rose Garden~
Old 08-03-2003, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by pwyll
I won front row for Madison Square Garden
Bob, your good fortune continues to astound me! Congratulations.

Old 08-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

We're actually discussing this topic on the Legacy Board as well right now. If you notice, within minutes of tickets going on sale for any given venue, mass amounts of tickets show up on eBay demanding outrageous prices. We all kind of came to a conclusion that it's a PR tool... "hey... if tickets for FM are going for this high, it must be a hot act! Let's go!" Basically we think it's America West Promotions, or the band's management, or someone closely related to the bands bottom line doing this.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by louielouie2000
We're actually discussing this topic on the Legacy Board as well right now. If you notice, within minutes of tickets going on sale for any given venue, mass amounts of tickets show up on eBay demanding outrageous prices. We all kind of came to a conclusion that it's a PR tool... "hey... if tickets for FM are going for this high, it must be a hot act! Let's go!" Basically we think it's America West Promotions, or the band's management, or someone closely related to the bands bottom line doing this.
You're right, it is. As a matter of fact, House Of Blues got caught doing this several years ago. It's common practice.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

One of the first things I did after getting a plethora of horrible choices was to jump on Ebay to see what was on there. You are right, the prices are outrageous! But there wasn't an abundance of good sections/close up like I figured there would be.

TM is finally back up and I still don't see any "good" seats at all. Do you think these just haven't been released in quantity yet? If not, what are they waiting for?? I'm too damn old to be playing these games, it's really p*ssing me off. All I want to do is send them some of my kids college tuition money and get decent seats.

Eileen

~SN, Rose Garden~
Old 08-05-2003, 07:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Bad form to reply to my own reply , but here I am anyway!

In addition to FM, I am also a huge Springsteen fan. There is an awesome quarterly called Backstreets, which I just received in the mail yesterday. One of the letters to the editor was blasting TM for doing the same thing as we have been discussing - a "top-down" sale of tickets, where an inquirer will receive 200 or 300 level seats as "best available" as soon as the tickets go on sale, then a week or 2 later thousands of good seats will be released. For Springsteen, this is an especially nasty issue in his home state of NJ, where historically tickets have been next to impossible to get. Now the area is flooded with people trying to get rid of the "bad" seats because they were able to easily get better ones closer to the concert date. (just as an aside, when a performer is playing Giants Stadium, only the first 2 sections are good anyway! )

I think it's time for me to stay on my soapbox and start writing letters to TM, band management, and consumer affairs places. This way of doing business r e a l l y gets to me!

Eileen

~SN, Rose Garden~
Old 08-05-2003, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Enchanted58
Bad form to reply to my own reply , but here I am anyway!

In addition to FM, I am also a huge Springsteen fan. There is an awesome quarterly called Backstreets, which I just received in the mail yesterday. One of the letters to the editor was blasting TM for doing the same thing as we have been discussing - a "top-down" sale of tickets, where an inquirer will receive 200 or 300 level seats as "best available" as soon as the tickets go on sale, then a week or 2 later thousands of good seats will be released. For Springsteen, this is an especially nasty issue in his home state of NJ, where historically tickets have been next to impossible to get. Now the area is flooded with people trying to get rid of the "bad" seats because they were able to easily get better ones closer to the concert date. (just as an aside, when a performer is playing Giants Stadium, only the first 2 sections are good anyway! )

I think it's time for me to stay on my soapbox and start writing letters to TM, band management, and consumer affairs places. This way of doing business r e a l l y gets to me!

Eileen
YES,,,Write Write Write. All the addresses are located in the FAQ sticky regarding the fan club at the top of this forum. You can make a difference. Don't leave it to a few, we need you ALL.