The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:49 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,093
Default Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members

"Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members"

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...ith-ex-members

The title of the piece and Mick's evasive language try to lump Green, Spencer, and Buckingham together in the same category as "ex members" but reading not so subtly between the lines, it's clear he's making an argument for going forward without Buckingham:

"I don't think there will be a point where the band's former members all end up back in a good place together."

Quit the doublespeak, Mick. What you really mean is "I don't think Stevie will ever consent to working with Lindsey again on stage, so he's out. We're standing by her." Just say it, coward.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,767
Default

Not surprised at all.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2019, 03:30 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,474
Default

I live in hope.

If Lindsey almost dying doesn't do it, maybe Stevie has to experience something herself (I'm not ill-wishing her), but something needs to crack that heart of stone.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2019, 06:51 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
"Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members"

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...ith-ex-members

The title of the piece and Mick's evasive language try to lump Green, Spencer, and Buckingham together in the same category as "ex members" but reading not so subtly between the lines, it's clear he's making an argument for going forward without Buckingham:

"I don't think there will be a point where the band's former members all end up back in a good place together."

Quit the doublespeak, Mick. What you really mean is "I don't think Stevie will ever consent to working with Lindsey again on stage, so he's out. We're standing by her." Just say it, coward.
Also not surprised. They're siding with Stevie, of course. The reasons may vary, but I have the feeling Mick is also enjoying this, aside from standing by Stevie.

I think nothing will make her change her mind about Lindsey. Sadly, she finally showed her true colors.

On BBC 2 Mick at least acknowledged Lindsey's huge contribution to the band's legacy.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-18-2019, 07:09 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Also not surprised. They're siding with Stevie, of course. The reasons may vary, but I have the feeling Mick is also enjoying this, aside from standing by Stevie.

I think nothing will make her change her mind about Lindsey. Sadly, she finally showed her true colors.

On BBC 2 Mick at least acknowledged Lindsey's huge contribution to the band's legacy.
He lives for the drama. His statement was so vague I actually had to reread it a few times because it made no sense. However the innuendo was definitely clear. 2 out of 5 stars makes you sit up and take notice though. Time to pack it in...hard to believe this is likely their farewell tour. So very sad.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-18-2019, 07:56 PM
sasja's Avatar
sasja sasja is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 641
Default

Thank goodness! I NEVER ever ever want LB to breathe the same air as that gagworthy solipsistic bunch of has-beens.

This is GREAT news to me therefore. Let 'em rot elsewhere, far away from LB
__________________
Sasja

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:14 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Thank goodness! I NEVER ever ever want LB to breathe the same air as that gagworthy solipsistic bunch of has-beens.

This is GREAT news to me therefore. Let 'em rot elsewhere, far away from LB
It would have been more satisfactory (for us and for him) if he had made the decision of leaving instead of being forced to leave by this bunch of a$$holes.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:18 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
He lives for the drama. His statement was so vague I actually had to reread it a few times because it made no sense. However the innuendo was definitely clear. 2 out of 5 stars makes you sit up and take notice though. Time to pack it in...hard to believe this is likely their farewell tour. So very sad.
As much as they’re trying to diminish the Lindsey’s situation, 2 out of 5 stars and from the London Times is not something to take lightly. And they know it’s because of Lindsey.

They’re determined to ignore Lindsey, so this is most likely their farewell tour
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:26 PM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
As much as they’re trying to diminish the Lindsey’s situation, 2 out of 5 stars and from the London Times is not something to take lightly. And they know it’s because of Lindsey.

They’re determined to ignore Lindsey, so this is most likely their farewell tour
Farewell to a band nobody ever heard from or owns a record by. Pathetic end to the legacy.
__________________
"They love each other so much, they think they hate each other."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:32 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Farewell to a band nobody ever heard from or owns a record by. Pathetic end to the legacy.
Very well said. So many of us agree with that....truly pathetic and really very sad.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:53 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,411
Default

This article makes me so sad. I imagine Lindsey's reaction upon reading it. Feelings of hopelessness. I never imagined this before but I can picture him falling into uncontrollable tears. I want to reach out and give my precious Lindsey a cyber hug. I can't even imagine how crappy this makes him feel. I was so hoping Stevie would soften her anger over time and be calculating a new way to bring Lindsey back to the band.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:01 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,098
Default

Mick is absolutely certain he's honoring Lindsey? In which way? Ignoring his calls and choosing Stevie's side of the story over his? He didn't even let the man defend himself from whatever Stevie decided he did wrong in her twisted world.

On the BBC 2 Radio interview he said Danny was at the first Wembley concert. So, they honor every former band member for their contribution but they chose to ignore Lindsey?
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:27 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This article makes me so sad. I imagine Lindsey's reaction upon reading it. Feelings of hopelessness. I never imagined this before but I can picture him falling into uncontrollable tears. I want to reach out and give my precious Lindsey a cyber hug. I can't even imagine how crappy this makes him feel. I was so hoping Stevie would soften her anger over time and be calculating a new way to bring Lindsey back to the band.
I'm actually hoping he's not reading any of this. It won't make him any good.

And I'm more surprised at Christine's coldness. I said many times I'm not giving a pass to any of them. It's easy to blame Mick and/or Stevie but the truth is they all remained quiet (even Campbell and Finn) and let things happen.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-19-2019, 12:43 AM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I'm actually hoping he's not reading any of this. It won't make him any good.

And I'm more surprised at Christine's coldness. I said many times I'm not giving a pass to any of them. It's easy to blame Mick and/or Stevie but the truth is they all remained quiet (even Campbell and Finn) and let things happen.
I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play. Mick has always been a money grubbing whore who even if he is sober is a dry drunk.Stevie to give the devil her due can still hold her own live. She should have just disbanded Fleetwood Mac (which she now runs) instead of letting it come to this pathetic end.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-19-2019, 06:20 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play. Mick has always been a money grubbing whore who even if he is sober is a dry drunk.Stevie to give the devil her due can still hold her own live. She should have just disbanded Fleetwood Mac (which she now runs) instead of letting it come to this pathetic end.
It’s all about the cash - no way she brings in solo what she can with the Fleetwood Mac moniker. But, I completely agree, Stevie can totally hold her own live still whereas it’s been very hard to cover for Christine’s lack of ability for five years now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved