Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Based on whose standards?

Oh, and to the poster who said that they think Stevie has a learning disorder: Stevie didn't have enough of one not to get into college and tough it out a few semesters, so I'd say if she does in fact have a learning disorder it is negligible. And not being able to read music after all this time isn't really a good example, I mean, how do we know that she doesn't at least have an elementary knowledge anyway? She hasn't ever really gone into detail. I think maybe when she says she doesn't know how to read music it's twofold: 1.) she's no expert so she generalizes and 2.) she does this as a way of boosting herself up a bit, like, look, I wrote all these wonderful songs and I don't even know how to read music, aren't I awesome?" And yes, I'd say she is.

Even if she DOESN'T know how to read ANY music, that still doesn't mean she has a learning disorder. Learning music, like learning any code, language, or notation system takes time, interest and much hours of study. Maybe Stevie just didn't have a burning desire to master reading music, or didn't have the need . She's done alright thus far without it.
I agree. I read somewhere that Stevie in fact has a high IQ. And she did more than a few semesters at Cal State...I think its more like four years and only a semester or so from graduating. Granted she wasn't taking engineering or physics... I believe it was art or design.