Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I'm honestly always baffled (if not else) by the fact that Fleetwood Mac members are considered an example of debauchery for the fact that some members slept with other members/members of the crew/members of other bands when all the other bands from the same period slept with countless groupies while simultaneously jumping from girlfriend to new girlfriend and frequently also saw hookers on the side. I guess it's because the other bands were made of men.
I do hate the double standard. Especially at this time. I don't judge Stevie for sleeping around. I think they all dipped their toes in 'ho' land. I know a few Christine stories, too. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Not many people immune to that. Men and women alike.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I do hate the double standard. Especially at this time. I don't judge Stevie for sleeping around. I think they all dipped their toes in 'ho' land. I know a few Christine stories, too. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Not many people immune to that. Men and women alike.
A lot of time ago I had started to read a biography about Led Zeppelin, they passed groupies to each other like a stress relief method, sort of like "No no now go with him, he's stressed and he needs it more" and were disgusted by the fact that one of those girls didn't wash herself between a guy and the other and it took quite a lot of time for someone to gather the courage to say that to her even if in the meantime that didn't stopped them from anything.
I also read the very disturbing fact that apparently Axl Rose liked to film himself when he was with groupies and humiliated them with sexual acts that comprehended urine and feces.
And finally Motley Crue between a girl and the other put their genitals inside hot tacos to conceal the fact that they just had another sex encounter (I still have to understand that to this day).
The fact is that the rock scene, especially before the spreading of AIDS, is a whole another world made of money, substances and entitlement.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fact is that the rock scene, especially before the spreading of AIDS, is a whole another world made of money, substances and entitlement.
You took it right where I was going. I've been jealous in the past, of the freedoms that they had back in the 70s. When a shot of penicillin could pretty much fix anything you contracted. AIDS changed all that. For gay and straight.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Setlist speculations?
Old 03-29-2017, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who is playing last? Fleetwood Mac or Eagles? Or will they split it at the two venues? (night one FM, night two Eagles at the first venue. Vica versa at the second venue)

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 03-29-2017 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-29-2017, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac plays the 2nd night on both coasts.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Eagles headline the first night, Fleetwood Mac headlines the 2nd night.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Setlist speculations?
It'll be exactly what you expect -- the same tired setlist of greatest hits.
There won't be much time to rehearse, so I'm sure they'll go with what they're used to.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My hope is that each of them does one track that wasn't done on the last tour. For Stevie, I'm hoping for Angel
Old 03-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
There won't be much time to rehearse, so I'm sure they'll go with what they're used to.
I disagree! At this point in time, Chris and Linds will have their own personal setlist down, and if the rest of the band allows, they may play one of their new tunes!
Old 03-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm honestly always baffled (if not else) by the fact that Fleetwood Mac members are considered an example of debauchery for the fact that some members slept with other members/members of the crew/members of other bands when all the other bands from the same period slept with countless groupies while simultaneously jumping from girlfriend to new girlfriend and frequently also saw hookers on the side. I guess it's because the other bands were made of men.
IA but for Fleetwood Mac it probably looked weirder to people that it was all intermixed within each other/their people. Stevie and Lindsey, Stevie and Mick, Mick and Sara, John and Christine, Christine and Curry, Stevie and Curry, Lindsey and Stevie's hairstylist etc.

I just wish Stevie could've found a real relationship.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I have to agree with you. I'd be surprised if it was anything different from the last tour at all. The Chain/YMLF/Dreams/Rhiannon/Everywhere/Tusk/Big Love/Landslide/GDW/ISA/GYOW/Don't Stop/Songbird/Silver Springs. Fill in 8-9 in between...
Old 03-29-2017, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Mick was not attractive ever. He was ugly from day 1 and looked like he smells too.
There are some pics out there back in the 70's that made him look hot. But I have a thing for drummers, so don't listen to me.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
My hope is that each of them does one track that wasn't done on the last tour. For Stevie, I'm hoping for Angel
Angel has been endlessly asked by fans and that wish was never granted. No idea why, but I doubt they will do it now after so many years.
I'm also hoping for Angel. And Fireflies.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Angel has been endlessly asked by fans and that wish was never granted. No idea why,
Because their voices can't handle it anymore

THE Stephen Hopkins