Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2004, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Agnetha article in UK mag

I found this article about Agnetha in Now Magazine

Return of the Dancing Queen

The Abba Star is back, confounding everyone who believed she'd walked away from music - and fame - forever.

She once declared that 'being a star is too much pressure', turned her back on fame and even refused to listen to music for 10 years. But now, almost two decades later, Agnetha Faltskog - arguably the most famous member of Abba - is launching a comeback. And the hysteria from which she was once desperate to escape seems certain to return.
When her new single, a cover of Cilla Black's If I Thought You'd Ever Change Your Mind, was aired on Terry Wogan's Radio 2 breakfast show recently, the station was deluged with requests for repeat plays. Listener Sara Russell gushed: 'When the song finished, I was overcome and burst out crying. It was like having someone come back from the dead.'
Agnetha's return to the spotlight next month comes almost 30 years to the day since the Swedish supergroup shot to fame by winning the Eurovision Song Contest. Meanwhile Mamma Mia! - the hit musical based on Abba songs - has just completed it's fifth sellout year in London's West End.
But what has stunned most people is that it's Agnetha, by far the most private member of the group, who has decided to kick-start her career once more. After her last album bombed in 1987, the blonde star retreated to her native Sweden and lived, by all accounts, like a hermit. She refused to go to the theatre or galleries and wore sunglasses to the local shops, never speaking to her neighbours.
Now 53 and a grandmother, Agnetha wants to taste chart success again. She's financed her new album My Colouring Book herself, and is even willing to open up to interviewers. After 17 years of avoiding the press, she's confirmed an appearance on Parkinson to promote the album. With the life she's led, Parky won't be short of questions.
Since divorcing fellow bandmate Bjorn Ulvaeus, she has had several boyfriends - including the detective who was assigned to look after her following a series of kidnap threats - and remarried once, only to divorce three years later. Her most bizarre relationship, however, was the Dutch fork-lift truck driver Gert van der Graaf, who'd been stalking her for years. 'His courting of me was very intense. I couldn't resist him,' she has said. The relationship eventually soured and she now has a restraining order against him.
That episode was just another twist in a unique tale that saw the factory worker's daughter become a global superstar before running away to become one of the world's most famous recluses. Now she's back and no-one really knows what to expect.
'She likes being mysterious and has cultivated that,' says her biographer Brita Ahman. 'Now she has tired of the labels and wants to show something of herself.'
And risk becoming a big star once more.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the article...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg file0112.jpg (97.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Agnetha article in UK mag

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
[B]Her most bizarre relationship, however, was the Dutch fork-lift truc5
Old 03-31-2004, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Agnetha article in UK mag

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Her most bizarre relationship, however, was the Dutch fork-lift truck driver Gert van der Graaf, who'd been stalking her for years. 'His courting of me was very intense. I couldn't resist him,' she has said. The relationship eventually soured and she now has a restraining order against him.

What a loony tune. I'm interested to hear her new album though. I'm assuming it will be in English?

Thanks for posting the article!!

Old 03-31-2004, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

thanks for the article pip! could you please inform us if you happen to know when she's on Parkinson? wouldn't wanna miss that one mmm.... antique gossip stories.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ptach51n.jpg (29.5 KB, 3895 views)

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tommer
thanks for the article pip! could you please inform us if you happen to know when she's on Parkinson? wouldn't wanna miss that one mmm.... antique gossip stories.....
Will do
Old 04-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.abbaontv.com/2004/descrip...i-thought.html

Screencaps from the clip shown on GMTV of Agnethas new video...
Old 04-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More nice pics here...

http://www.abbaonspeakingterms.com/
Old 04-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah! I love Abba!
Old 04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read that Abba turned down not one billion, but two billion this time around to reunite. They're nuts!

Old 04-09-2004, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Parkinson

... not going to happen...

http://www.abbaonspeakingterms.com/review.htm

Agnetha turns down CNN

Agnetha will not appear in ‘Parkinson Tv show’ of the BBC. For a while a performance was discussed but as Agnetha does not want to travel abroad the performance is cancelled. As it looks now Agnetha will not do any face to face press-interviews either. She even turned down CNN!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the pics, Pip!!