User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
ermmm...no. And its not fun for the people that work in retail of any kind. Customers are absolute devils that day. The "spirt of Christmas" eh?...Shop early, shop online.
OK, point taken. I wouldn't want to work retail that day, but it's the other shoppers I'm bitchy to, not the retail workers. Anyone who works in retail that day has my full respect, because I don't think I could do it.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I used to be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
ermmm...no. And its not fun for the people that work in retail of any kind. Customers are absolute devils that day. The "spirt of Christmas" eh?...Shop early, shop online.
one of those retailers, And boy-howdy I HATE Black Friday!!!

Lord forbid if you sold out of an item that was listed in the newspaper ad, because the customers would bitch/moan/complain as if it was all your fault.

That is one of the reasons I am really kind towards retail clerks, I been there and done that.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to work....I always work on Black Friday...our doctor's office never closes for the extended weekend. The only reason it would be appealing is the sales prices but not the droves of shoppers...I am not fond of epic crowds!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 11-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if I'm going out on Black Friday this year or not. I am already half done with my Christmas shopping.

I never camp out in the parking lots or anything for those "doorbuster" 5:00 AM sales. I want to save myself from injury, thanks. Plus, as has already been said, nothing says Christmas cheer like knocking someone else out for the last DVD player on the shelf.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been shopping on that day, not nearly as bad as I had expected. I went really early & was home by 11am. All the stores were prepared with extra staff. Except Circuit City, where I waited in the checkout line for 45 minutes. Hey! CD's were 7.99! Can't pass that up.

Not sure if I'll go this year. My brother & his fam are coming up from AZ for Thanksgiving, so we'll have "Thanksmas" again this year. That's half the fam done & over with, so not too much more shopping to do.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

can't wait. since I'm a mall whore, this is right up my, erm, alley.

lines don't bother me that much. I'm too busy trying to decide exactly which items I'll put down on my way to the register as the line dwindles. gives me time to evaluate.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just checked the ads. Nothing I need that badly. I'll decorate the house instead.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
one of those retailers, And boy-howdy I HATE Black Friday!!!

Lord forbid if you sold out of an item that was listed in the newspaper ad, because the customers would bitch/moan/complain as if it was all your fault.

That is one of the reasons I am really kind towards retail clerks, I been there and done that.
I was too and I wanted to kill everyone. Christmas Eve was the worst. Everyone waiting until 6:00 (closing) to come to the register with their 500 items! I'm so glad I got out of that because it was not for me.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate Black Friday, but looking through some of those deals- UGH. The $99 Kodak 5MP camera w/ dock at Circuit City is looking mighty fine. I wonder if I can make my mom go do it for me. She does Wal-Mart every year or two.

I HATE Circuit City normally- the checkout lines there are INSANE and then once you finally get there they give you a receipt that's longer than a roll of toilet paper.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
I hate Black Friday, but looking through some of those deals- UGH. The $99 Kodak 5MP camera w/ dock at Circuit City is looking mighty fine. I wonder if I can make my mom go do it for me. She does Wal-Mart every year or two.

I HATE Circuit City normally- the checkout lines there are INSANE and then once you finally get there they give you a receipt that's longer than a roll of toilet paper.
Holy crap that's cheap! Go for it.