User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I can much more easily imagine “Don’t Stop” being an encore on the Billy Joel tour, now.
I know this is unlikely to happen, mainly because it's not a well-known song, but it would be beautiful if they sang Do You Know.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I could see that. That is often the case. Something happened really fast and then it was time. So fast that it was kept private from everyone until the end was near.
My uncle had pancreatic cancer and when he was diagnosed they gave him 4 months to live. He lived 3. But its all speculation and reading the tea leaves. If it was a health scare that was recoverable people like Stevie or others would have known. When you dont have much time, you tend to keep everything private so there is not so much grief and drama around you. Its very sad but we must celebrate her incredible life and the joy she brought to the world. Living to 79 is really good. Just think she was in her mid 70s touring with the band. Thats amazing. She was also singing with no autotune. She carried on. She overcame her anxiety and fear of flying to come back in her 70s is unheard of. People in their 20s can barely change let alone a very rich woman that has everything she needs. She loved playing and performing and we are truly blessed.

I agree. I had written her out after she left in 1998. She was a has-been.

Coming back and doing a great tour with FM, a terrific album with Fleetwood Mac (its FM. Stevie can sue me) a mediocre tour with FM and then still performing and doing press and featured in commercials, she went out on top. Someone who is 79 should not be doing all that. We should all be so lucky. A rocker it’s almost unheard of. Even Grace Slick has been a nobody for 30plus years.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I know this is unlikely to happen, mainly because it's not a well-known song, but it would be beautiful if they sang Do You Know.
That's my favorite song on BTM.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mine also.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't listened to BTM (or even thought about it) for so long thAT I had kind of forgot how pretty that song is, especially now. It's too bad everyone brought so many MOR turds to that album, except Chris of course. She always brings the most solid bunch of songs to every album IMHO!
Old 12-02-2022, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
I haven't listened to BTM (or even thought about it) for so long thAT I had kind of forgot how pretty that song is, especially now. It's too bad everyone brought so many MOR turds to that album, except Chris of course. She always brings the most solid bunch of songs to every album IMHO!
I haven't listened to it for ages, either. I was a freshman in college, and had a huge crush on someone, and I forever linked Do You Know to that crush.
Old 12-03-2022, 05:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I haven't listened to it for ages, either. I was a freshman in college, and had a huge crush on someone, and I forever linked Do You Know to that crush.
I was a sophomore in college. Funny. I always pictured you way older than me

Fleetwood Mac was the uncoolest band to be into at that point especially in college. I remember bringing my OSOTM and BTM cassettes to college in 1990 and people giving me "you're weird" look. How can anyone not be into Two Kinds of Love, Fire Burning, Affairs of the Heart, and The Second Time. I mean what was wrong with those kids?

I do remember my college radio station playing Affairs of the Heart once. The station was piped into the cafeteria and I remember being in awe

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-03-2022 at 06:32 AM..
Old 12-03-2022, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was a sophomore in college. Funny. I always pictured you way older than me
Maybe because you're old and bitter?
Old 12-08-2022, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie wrote in her letter for Christine last week "Don't forget me"

A week after Christine's passing, Stevie's made posts about Lizzo and Brittney Griner. I never heard Stevie mention she's a fan of Lizzo in the past years or ever heard Stevie make a statement of support for women's basketball or Brittney when she was imprisoned.

God bless Mick for the reverence he's showing with his silenced social media this week.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I could see that. That is often the case. Something happened really fast and then it was time. So fast that it was kept private from everyone until the end was near.
My uncle had pancreatic cancer and when he was diagnosed they gave him 4 months to live. He lived 3. But its all speculation and reading the tea leaves. If it was a health scare that was recoverable people like Stevie or others would have known. When you dont have much time, you tend to keep everything private so there is not so much grief and drama around you. Its very sad but we must celebrate her incredible life and the joy she brought to the world. Living to 79 is really good. Just think she was in her mid 70s touring with the band. Thats amazing. She was also singing with no autotune. She carried on. She overcame her anxiety and fear of flying to come back in her 70s is unheard of. People in their 20s can barely change let alone a very rich woman that has everything she needs. She loved playing and performing and we are truly blessed.

Beautifully said.

I keep playing on Sands of Time over and over tonight. Chris's harmonies on that song are so gorgeous. She makes the song soar.

--Lis
Old 12-09-2022, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ All that makes sense (something like pancreatic cancer) but why keep it a secret after her passing? There’s certainly no shame in cancer.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
^ All that makes sense (something like pancreatic cancer) but why keep it a secret after her passing? There’s certainly no shame in cancer.
I feel the same. Cause of death became a secret when AIDS first came around, and never went away. I don't understand why people don't want the public to know whether it was cancer, heart disease, or whatever. I think knowing gives us peace in some way.
Old 12-10-2022, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I feel the same. Cause of death became a secret when AIDS first came around, and never went away. I don't understand why people don't want the public to know whether it was cancer, heart disease, or whatever. I think knowing gives us peace in some way.
I'm the kind of person who likes details and info, it does help me process things. But maybe her family felt so much of her life was 'public'..and they really wanted to keep this final thing private...? so it would just belong to them and not to the world? I don't know. if it really happened quickly then we can't judge them...they must have been reeling.

I saw a rumor she passed away after getting the covid vaccine but sometimes anti-vax people blame any death on the vaccine.

Mick and Stevie have extraordinarily big mouths. maybe they will talk at some point...

--Lis
Old 12-11-2022, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I've always found objectionable the "beat cancer" and "battle with cancer" phraseology. It makes it sound as though those who die from cancer just weren't strong enough.
Old 12-11-2022, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I'm the kind of person who likes details and info, it does help me process things. But maybe her family felt so much of her life was 'public'..and they really wanted to keep this final thing private...? so it would just belong to them and not to the world? I don't know. if it really happened quickly then we can't judge them...they must have been reeling.
--Lis
I don't really know much about Christine's personal life or family. She wasn't married at the time of death and never had kids. Who was her family she would have been surrounded by when she died, does anyone know?