Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default $100 Limited View Tickets!

I ordered tickets online from Ticketmaster just after the tickets went on sale. They weren't great, but they were assigned seats under the cover, so I decided to go ahead and pay the $100 X 2 rather than sit on the grass for $35 X 2. So yesterday the tickets arrive in the mail, and they say "Limited View." Nothing on the Ticketmaster order indicated that these seats would be limited view. Should I be concerned about this?? If so, is there any chance I could get a refund? (I know they don't normally allow refunds.)
Old 03-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate to say this but if your tickets say "limited view", that probably means there's a pole or some other obstruction which will block your view.

If I was you, I'd actually go to the arena and find out exactly where these seats are...

at one of my Stevie concerts, I was so far to the left that I could not get the full view of stage and watched the whole concert with Stevie in profile and my tickets never even said "limited view"

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64
Old 03-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Limited view usually means that there is a pole or the sound board is in front of you and at times it can mean you are on a angle and will see the show in profile. But I must say that my ticket to the Dance show did state this so I am surprised that you weren't told when purchasing. I would definitely go to the place and see the floor map.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 03-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When FM toured over here some people in the very front row should have had 'limited view' on their tickets. Everything in the front few rows apart from the centre section could not see past the huge speakers

Pip
Old 03-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it wasn't indicated in the discrpition when you ordered them, you should deffinetly complain.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Basically, it's a gamble. Like others said, "limited view" can pertain to an actual obstruction of your view, or the angle of your view. As said, the sides of the front row are usually considered so because of the sharp angle and the possibility of equipment blocking your view. However, I once bought tickets (not for FM), where I was offered seats in the back of the floor (center) or front row Right with "limited view". I decided to take a gamble, and there was absolutely nothing blocking my view...they were PERFECT front row seats. I suppose something you should weigh in the gamble, too, is your height. If you're on the short side you might lean more towards considering different tickets. Not that being on the Floor when you're short doesn't just suck anyway! It makes me feel bad when short people can't see (but, I guess, what is the solution? The tall people can't get shorter! Watch...soon the arenas will start renting out little footstools for $10!) It must be awful! Are people getting taller or something?! (I mean, I know scientifically they are...but I didn't expect it to be so rapidly apparent! ) I am 5'9" and I never used to have a problem seeing at concerts...now I feel like every time I go I'm having to continually peer around someone's head.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Angry

Yesterday I tried to talk to an actual human being at Ticketmaster who could help me, but I kept getting stuck back in an automated loop -- even after saying "I do NOT want to go to the automated system!" Today the customer service lines are busy, and it was going to be 20 minutes before I could speak to a person.

Quote:
If you're on the short side you might lean more towards considering different tickets.
I'm 5'2" on a good day, so I always have trouble seeing anyway. But I don't mind people standing up and dancing around, etc. -- I want them to have a good time! The last time I saw Stevie at this venue (Walnut Creek Amphitheatre), the people around me kept giving me the evil eye because I was standing up. I do mind Ticketbastard not telling me that these seats were limited view, so I'm going to keep trying to either a) get my money back or b) get reassurance from the venue that my view is not limited.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

you should call the arena direct but I would actually take a drive to the arena myself. I had questions about tickets I got at the Fleet Center in Boston and when I got vague answers from Ticketmaster and the Fleet Center office, I made my sister go to the arena and actually physically look at the seats...and it was the best thing I ever did...

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64