Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
BTW - I'll need that back, even though your girth surely stretched it out

Have fun at the shows and regale me with stories over $3.00 margs when you return.
I borrowed your bustier, not your jock strap!

See you back in civilization. I kid... it's been really great over here.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
So you have front row center for Friday's show?? Well, hello, my new BFF. I think it's best if you claim your spots as soon as you get in. In all likelihood, security will force everyone to stay at their seats until the show starts, so I think you will have the front all to yourself for a while.

Anyway, don't be surprised to see us in your general area before the show. I'm likely to stand out (especially if Glasgow is any indication ).
I have front row for Friday tooo
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I borrowed your bustier, not your jock strap!
Doesn't everyone use a thimble and rubber band?

Also - is the band flying around England or are they driving and basing out of London.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The aisle is the best! You'll make it, I'm sure of it! But be careful with the stage speakers that face outward- they are LOUD!!!! Best to stand between the monitors. Good luck at Sheffield!! Hopefully they will do something special, since it's the last Euro date, I think.
Wembley on the 6th is the final date
Old 10-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
I have front row for Friday tooo
Have a GREAT time my friend!!!!

I would love to have been there - but I owe I owe - It's off to work I go

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Have a GREAT time my friend!!!!

I would love to have been there - but I owe I owe - It's off to work I go
I think you should come out for the final Wembley show....
Old 10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippilil86 View Post
Fabulous pictures.
I was going to second this one!~ Thanks SOOOO much for sharing these amazing pictures with us! It sounds like you all had a BLAST up there!!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't Stop

GDW - partial
Old 10-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But there seemed to be something really genuine about their performances and interactions with each other. Rather than feeling like their "Sara" hug was staged, it looked truly heartfelt tonight for some reason.
Six weeks in a foreign country, how the time flew....

Old 10-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

It was my first FM concert, absolutely loved it

I was so surprised at how strong Lindsey's voice was, he must have been using a coach before the European leg of the tour. Stevie struggled a little with her first couple of songs but came through, her voice was a little overused, sounded like she needed a couple of days off. However she was so awesome, she came across as such a lovely person. For the Landslide dedication she dedicated it to "Jimmy" at the castle for letting her have a go at letting the owl land on her arm. I'm not just saying this but she was not far off tears when she said it, so sweet. I think she sees Scotland as a really cool mystical country haha.

Mick was absolutley killer on the drums, John was excellent on bass, he got a reallt big cheer at the end. Mick comes across as a gentleman at he end with the band introductions/end speech.

Shame they did do SS, but the highlights were Second Hand News, Big Love, Sara, Don't Stop.

My only little niggle was the fact that Lindsey had far too much delay on his sound for quite a few songs on the night: for instance Dreams & Gypsy.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, here's my review. Not too long because I'm sure others have done this already...

Security were great at letting the first few rows up to the front and I took full advantage and made sure I was right in front of the stage the whole time! Overall, the band sounded great - which is actually not that easy in the SECC as it isn;t the greatest venue but they did! Stevie was on great form throughout, new boots, lots of twirls, great voice apart from a couple of tiny things that you wouldn't have noticed if you weren't right in front of a speaker like I was! During the solo of Stand Back she came right down to the crowd and although she wasn't shaking hands I touched her shawl!

Lindsey was crazy as ever, working the crowd and indulging in guitar masturbation of the highest order! It wasn't excessive though, it was great! At one point he even appeared to be humping his guitar and groaning suggestively! I think this may have been at the end of Oh Well but others can correct me on this? During his huuuge solo in I'm So Afraid he stood right on the speaker I was at and shook hands with a few of us and then moved down to let the people next to me play his guitar. I tried to reach it but just missed! I think the guitar playing was in I'm So Afraid but cant be exactly sure, I know my handshake was!

Us at the front even had a bit of banter with John. He was in front of us and everyone was screaming for Stevie and Lindsey so a couple of us started yelling for John and he turned and grinned, even more so when we shouted that we liked his hat! Then, in our very Scottish way this became "John, gies a dance!" and he shuffled around for a second or two before going back to his corner, haha! There was a HUGE cheer when The Chain's bassline started...

Highlights for me: Landslide - the best moment of the night, just gorgeous. I'd been singing along the entire time but for some reason I couldn't for this one. I just stood and stared, it was quite emotional. If anyone has a mp3/video of that performance for youtube I'd greatly appreciate it! It was gorgeous and needs to be seen and heard. A great vocal. Stevie dedicated it to a guy called Jason (?) who she'd met at a falconry centre earlier in the day and she'd had an owl called Sky fly to her arm. I got excited by this cos I love falconry centres!! She said it's just not the kind of thing you get in the US.

Stroms - The beautiful harmonised ending. "All of the prayers in the world couldn;t save us" Am I remembering that line right guys? It was lovely. Stevie turned to Lindsey and the sung it in perfect harmony right to each other. Again, vid/mp3 is needed!

I Know I'm Not Wrong - Now I really like this song but wasn't prepared for just how brilliant it would be live! Stevie's voice was great in the harmonies for this too.

Stand Back - wow! This rocked. I think what made this one of the best ones for me was that the girl I was standing next to loved it as much as I did and we suddenly threw our arms around each other and starting singing sooo loud and dancing with each other! Jumping up and down, just going for it! The atmosphere for this was great. Stevie passed right by us during the guitar solo and I touched her shawl (!) At the end of the song we got a little carried away and she very suddenly just lunged forward and kissed me - haha! To quote Stevie...No words were spoken...

No Silver Springs was a disappointment, definitely, but nithing we can do about it. I was a bit gutted though but hey, by then I'd just been to an amazing gig!

Those will do for my highlights right now, suffice to say that the whole atmosphere in those few rows by the stage waelectric for the entire night. On the way out of the venue to the train station there's a long covered walkway and what happened here was a bit special too...

It's a long tunnel suspended over the road and it was full of people moving very slowly and there was this rumbling of voices and thumping coming from the back of the crowd.. it got closer..and closer,passing through everyone like some kind of mexican wave.. then I realised that people were thumping the walls in time and chanting "I can still hear you saying you will never break, never break the chain!" This went on for the whole 5 min walk through the tunnel, it was awesome!

Phew, that will do I think. It was just an amazing night all round!! It's by far the best gig I've been to, and I've been to a lot. Especially n the past 2 years. They knocked Counting Crows from the top spot, and I met half of the Counting Crows after that one!

I have some great pictures so if someone could tell me how to embed them into a post on here I'll share them with you all...

Al.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:35 AM
Ledgie

some pictures of mine:

Old 10-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great pics! What side of the stage were you on? I was on the left ("Stevie's") side so if you were too then you must have been right next to me, haha!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Landslide - the highlight of the night)

Photobucket
Old 10-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Photobucket
(Just after Lindsey shook my hand!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket