User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
I wish I had a version of Smile At You (angry version) that was better in quality than the one I have.
Mine's actually pretty decent but chances are its the same recording and I just have low expectations of demos. I hate being away from my own computer... can't compare
Old 07-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I woulde LOVE a crystal-clear version of the "Maker Of Birds" demo and more A-quality recordings and videotaped stuff from the 70's.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

What I would really love to have is the very first FM concert with Stevie and Lindsey...
Old 07-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You know what, I don't think I've ever heard this whole show. I know the Tusk Doc we have been talkin' about in another thread took it's performances from this/these? show(s). Me, the expert on the Tusk Tour and I can't remember if there was 1 or 2 St. Louis shows?
Yeah I'd love to have it. Any possiblity you can post it as a zip file or Mp3's? I can't do torrents. If it's to much of a hassle don't worry about it.

One show I can think of offhand from the Tusk Tour I don't have and would like is from Wichita, Kansas in August 1980.
I made a new thread with that Tusk show!
Don't have that Kansas one though.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
Two others I just thought of...

You Make Loving Fun with both the "it's all I wanna do" and "beginning to wonder why/feeling it's time to try" lines at the end.

Edge of Seventeen with "I know what it sounds like...when the doves cry" at the end, as an homage to Prince. Yes, I know, she hated Purple Rain and now they don't speak. I just always thought it would be the appropriate ending to that line. I sometimes sing it that way, and I always think...it must've crossed her mind...at least once.

Ooo...this is fun!
What happened between Stevie and Prince? The only link I know between them is the uncredited Stand Back keyboard part. What have I missed?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
What happened between Stevie and Prince? The only link I know between them is the uncredited Stand Back keyboard part. What have I missed?
I remember reading a long time ago that she attended the Purple Rain premier and left half way through because she was offended by it. Of course, I can't find the quote now...so take it with a grain of salt. There may be more to the story...
Old 07-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
If you are trying to inform me about an epic Rhiannon performance then no, I have not heard this version.

LINK ME!
What I was trying to say was that I would like a version similar to this, but better. My understanding is there are about 10 shows where Stevie may or may not have sung the "Is this what you want" line, but I believe Mobile is one of the few, if not only show in circulation. When you read Mick's description from his book, you imagine it to be a lot more emotional and haggard...where as this is just sort of coked out. And like I said, the quality could always be better, if we're talking about wish lists. Still awesome though. Here you go...

Download Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon (Mobile, AL 8-11-80)
Old 07-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Nail, do you have all the soundboards from 1982 that are circulating at least?

Here's what I know about from the sound mix board:

tour rehearsal 8-16-82
tour rehearsal 8-19-82 (with "Straight Back")
tour rehearsal ("Sisters of the Moon")
US Festival 9-05-82
East Rutherford 9-14-82 ("Sara")
Memphis 10-12-82
Baton Rouge 10-13-82 ("Sara," "Hold Me")
Baton Rouge 10-13-82 (entire show)
Denver 10-15-82
Oakland 10-20-82
I don't have quite all of those. Not sure if soundboard is the best word - for example my US Fest show is only B quality, even though, I guess, it is considered soundboard since it wasn't an aud. recording. Maybe I should change my first request to A+ quality. There are some very high quality aud. recordings out there.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
I wish I had a version of Smile At You (angry version) that was better in quality than the one I have.
I checked the four or five I have, from various sets -- like Missing Links -- & the best audio quality example I have is this one:

www.sendspace.com/file/2z4l5p

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One show I can think of offhand from the Tusk Tour I don't have and would like is from Wichita, Kansas in August 1980.
What I have from Wichita Coliseum is rotten audio quality. Here's World Turning:

www.sendspace.com/file/ndl7ug

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
What I was trying to say was that I would like a version similar to this, but better. My understanding is there are about 10 shows where Stevie may or may not have sung the "Is this what you want" line, but I believe Mobile is one of the few, if not only show in circulation.
I think she pretty much does that or a variation on that on all the August shows, & maybe even earlier (like June in Europe)? She sings that on both the Hollywood Bowl shows, for example. Do you have any other Rhiannon from August?

Quote:
And like I said, the quality could always be better, if we're talking about wish lists.
I found my copy of Mobile & I think the 192 bitrate sounds perhaps a tiny bit clearer & more up front. Check it out & see what you think:

www.sendspace.com/file/ha7oqq

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
I don't have quite all of those. Not sure if soundboard is the best word - for example my US Fest show is only B quality, even though, I guess, it is considered soundboard since it wasn't an aud.
Yep, the soundboard designation doesn't always mean the audio quality is fantastic. It only characterizes the technical method with which the performance was recorded -- direct line via the mix board, no mic.

Here's the best audio quality I have from my US Festival soundboard -- Dreams is the example:

www.sendspace.com/file/9bc4s6

There's also an audience recording of the US Festival. It runs all the way through Songbird.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I have from Wichita Coliseum is rotten audio quality. Here's World Turning:

www.sendspace.com/file/ndl7ug
Thank you David. The quality is no problem for me when it comes to the Tusk Tour. Can you spare me a little Rhiannon from this show?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you David. The quality is no problem for me when it comes to the Tusk Tour. Can you spare me a little Rhiannon from this show?
I probably threw out my cassette awhile ago. The last several years, I seem to have no patience for the rotten audio quality of so many of our audience recordings & demos. All I have from Wichita 1980 are three MP3s -- I probably kept these because they were such splendid & inventive jams:

Go Your Own Way: www.sendspace.com/file/lles9d
I'm So Afraid: www.sendspace.com/file/a31t34

(And I uploaded World Turning earlier.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I probably threw out my cassette awhile ago. The last several years, I seem to have no patience for the rotten audio quality of so many of our audience recordings & demos. All I have from Wichita 1980 are three MP3s -- I probably kept these because they were such splendid & inventive jams:

Go Your Own Way: www.sendspace.com/file/lles9d
I'm So Afraid: www.sendspace.com/file/a31t34

(And I uploaded World Turning earlier.)
Thank you. Your kindness is much appreciated. What is on your wish list?
Can you teach me how to transfer cassettes to the computer?