Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 1982 Chris/Lindsey interview

Here's a radio interview from 1982. Laura Gross interviews Chris & Lindsey. They were promoting Mirage at the time. There is intermittent static during the interview, but you can still easily hear what they're saying. Chris makes a few snide comments about Dennis Wilson. This file is pretty big, by the way.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...d=8VLaDDcSkY8=
Old 10-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Downloading right now.

Just FYI: you use Windows Media to rip these from the CD, right? I tend to prefer the sound quality of mp3 vs wma, and you can rip in high quality if you go to Tools > Options > Rip Music, and then select the format (mp3 or lossless, whatever you think is best) and slide the little slider thing over to Best Quality. Wma sounds kinda tinny and... different to me. You'll get good results if you rip with mp3 or wav.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"fleetwood mac always has a few problems"

thanks so much for this!! i've only listened to the first 15 minutes, but it's great so far. can't believe she said that about dennis trashing her piano. i know she said she was just kidding, but still. . .
Old 10-29-2006, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm. Since when do we have to SIGN UP for Yousendit?
Not complaining, but that's new, right?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Just FYI: you use Windows Media to rip these from the CD, right? I tend to prefer the sound quality of mp3 vs wma, and you can rip in high quality if you go to Tools > Options > Rip Music, and then select the format (mp3 or lossless, whatever you think is best) and slide the little slider thing over to Best Quality. Wma sounds kinda tinny and... different to me. You'll get good results if you rip with mp3 or wav.
Yes, I use Windows Media Player to rip music from my CDs. I've never actually changed the settings. I've always used the default settings. I did go into tools>options>rip music. I've now turned the slider over to best quality, as far as it will go. Now where it says format, there are 3 options...Windows Media Audio, Windows Media Audio(variable bit rate) and Windows Media Audio Lossless. Which one of these three should I use? I don't really know the difference between the three.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Hmmm. Since when do we have to SIGN UP for Yousendit?
Not complaining, but that's new, right?
I think it's fairly new. I remember when I posted something earlier, someone had mentioned that. By the way, it is free to register, at least I never paid anything.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting this.

It's very interesting to see how Christine's attitude to moving back to England changed over the years.

Compare "I like the sunshine" to "I don't care for sunny weather"

Also both their attitudes to Mirage at that time and their (well Lindsey's) somewhat sniffy attitude to it later on.

Gail
Old 10-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Thanks for posting this.

It's very interesting to see how Christine's attitude to moving back to England changed over the years.

Compare "I like the sunshine" to "I don't care for sunny weather"
Something happened soon thereafter during the late 1980's or so. Her whole attitude changed. Maybe she had something of a female mid-life crisis.

By the way, I have an interview from around Tango time where she said that she had thought of packing up & moving back to home to England soon after her 1984 solo album. Fleetwood Mac wasn't doing anything at the time & she had just fallen in love with Eddy Quintela. But then "Can't Help Falling In Love" happened, then Tango. So she stayed put, at least for a few more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail View Post
Also both their attitudes to Mirage at that time and their (well Lindsey's) somewhat sniffy attitude to it later on.
Well, they were promoting Mirage during this interview. They could hardly have trashed the album while they were trying to sell it. I also don't think that Chris actually disliked Mirage. She has said that there were some really good songs on it. I assume that she was referring to "Hold Me" & "Gypsy". I have an idea of why Lindsey didn't like Mirage, but I'd rather not say.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Something happened soon thereafter during the late 1980's or so. Her whole attitude changed. Maybe she had something of a female mid-life crisis.
I think it may have been the death of her father in (around?) 1990

I think she realised how little time she had spent with her family and maybe that started her thought process.

Gail
Old 10-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, they were promoting Mirage during this interview. They could hardly have trashed the album while they were trying to sell it. I also don't think that Chris actually disliked Mirage. She has said that there were some really good songs on it. I assume that she was referring to "Hold Me" & "Gypsy". I have an idea of why Lindsey didn't like Mirage, but I'd rather not say.
No that's true but nowadays I do take what people say about their new albums with a pinch of salt!

Stevie has been quoted recently as saying that her demos from her songs on SYW were better than the versions that appeared on the album!

Why Lindsey didn't like Mirage and you'd rather not say. Hmm intriguing

Gail
Old 10-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I use Windows Media Player to rip music from my CDs. I've never actually changed the settings. I've always used the default settings. I did go into tools>options>rip music. I've now turned the slider over to best quality, as far as it will go. Now where it says format, there are 3 options...Windows Media Audio, Windows Media Audio(variable bit rate) and Windows Media Audio Lossless. Which one of these three should I use? I don't really know the difference between the three.
I'd go with mp3, since it's the most common. Make sure the little slider is all the way over after you select it, too. wma lossless will probably rip it in .wav format, which is like, full on quality, what you usually get in torrents. They take a long time to upload/download since they end up being huge files.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I'd go with mp3, since it's the most common. Make sure the little slider is all the way over after you select it, too. wma lossless will probably rip it in .wav format, which is like, full on quality, what you usually get in torrents. They take a long time to upload/download since they end up being huge files.
Thanks, Lisa. I changed it to mp3 & I had already moved the slider over to best quality. Next time I post something, let me know if you can tell the difference.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Why Lindsey didn't like Mirage and you'd rather not say. Hmm intriguing
That's because of the recent controversy in this forum. I think you can figure it out, Gail.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it may have been the death of her father in (around?) 1990

I think she realised how little time she had spent with her family and maybe that started her thought process.

Gail
Exactly. I think she had been going back & forth between her family & Fleetwood Mac. Her Dad passing away clinched it.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, Lisa. I changed it to mp3 & I had already moved the slider over to best quality. Next time I post something, let me know if you can tell the difference.
No problem. I'll defnitely let you know! Thanks again for this interview. I liked Christine's remarks about Dennis.