Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2024, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The best moments of the concerts you have seen

I found the 1997 concert in YouTube, that was my first of the 3 I've seen.

If I have to pick a song or moment that was THE best or unforgettable moment for me, it would be when Christine finished Songbird. She usually thanked the city and this time the way she said "New York, New York, God bless" was so emotional. I was a bit far but I would swear she cried, like when John told the crying story in the Making of Rumours video.

https://youtu.be/O3cddSRkbXY?t=8069

At the second concert, Dallas april 2009, the best moment I choose is Storms. I never thought I'd see Stevie singing Storms live, and that I'd be there.

And the third and last one, NJ oct. 2014, of course the return of Christine was THE best of the show, but if I pick a specific song, it's Everywhere. Though I felt the sound was not so good at the Prudential Center, it was beautiful to see Christine singing with the band, and the whole band enjoying a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOVkBAnsZ-Y

Do you have favorite moments of the shows you have seen?
Old 01-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Great thread! Do you mean see in person or on video or both?

My favorite concert was Christine McVie in 1984. I still have dreams about that concert decades later.

I loved watching Stevie throw a frisbee into the crowd that was thrown on stage in 1987 on the Tango tour. It was the lamest throw you ever saw but it still was cool.

Strumming Lindsey's guitar in the front row on his 2018 solo concert was more than a dream come true. I watched my entire life Lindsey giving people the chance and never thought for the life of me that I would get my turn.

The Buck/Vie concert was a dream come true. They nearly played their entire new album which was riveting.

Stevie grabbing both my hands during an Edge Walk in 1998.

Any footage of the Farewell concert in late 1990 is priceless to me. Its all my favorite.

OWTS in Pittsburgh when Mick forgot to introduce John before Dont Stop. He gave all his introductions and then Mick stopped playing and the band was confused and it was a messy stoppage. Mick then stood up and said it was the first time ever that he forgot his partner and soul mate in an introduction. Chris then made fun of him and it was a funny moment for everyone on stage. I actually felt worse for Mick than John. Mick was so upset and in disbelief he missed John.

Stevie's shawl getting stuck on the microphone in Miami after Rhiannon for OWTS.

One of the best video clips of the band's entire existence is the "Mick is sick" video where they were playing Nebraska and did not know Mick was so sick. The band carries on with the drum tech for GYOW. Absolutely incredible. I never saw a band do this before. They are caught off guard and they have to think on their feet and try to give as much as they can. Chris does Songbird and they call it a night.

I also love the 1990 Albany NY Stand Back where it takes Stevie 5 minutes to come into the song.

Anytime Chris at the ending of Songbird tells the crowd to drive safe home.

The HBO Mirage concert when someone throws a flower on stage during Gypsy and Stevie cracks the most amazing smile ever.

The "I'll never forget you either"

Everywhere live in Dublin 2015 when the entire crowd is singing and Chris is all smiles

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-10-2024 at 04:54 PM..
Old 01-10-2024, 04:46 PM
Ledgie

Heart Favourite moment

I will never forget the first show of the 2014 'Reunion/On with the Show ' tour in 2014....I think it was Minneapolis....when 'You Make Loving Fun ' was the second song of the concert: the cheer form the audience for Christine was absolutely wonderful and showed so much how delighted everyone was to have her back. You can even see it on the band members' faces, especially Mick and Stevie.
A very special moment!
Old 01-10-2024, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite moment was standing right in front of Christine for BuckVie, and pushing the dozen roses I'd brought her against her toes.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 01-11-2024 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: Yo mama
Old 01-10-2024, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favourite moment was the 02 arena in 2013 when Christine appeared for Dont Stop. It was the first night she appeared. I was sat to the side of the stage on her side and had a great view. I watched the show in anticipation kinda knowing she’d be appearing. Don’t remember too much about the rest of the show. But that moment was just amazing.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-10-2024, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Because this is the Rumours thread, I will just list the best highlights from the 5.

Seeing my 1st concert ever on the second leg of the Rumours tour in Philadelphia in 1978.

The Mirage concert in Philadelphia 1982.

The Farmers Daughter live on the Dance tour

Beautiful Child and Storms preformed live.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post

The Mirage concert in Philadelphia 1982.
Mirage in Indy would be my second favorite. God, for a MF time machine!

Edit- and that's not a Mick Fleetwood time machine... he's always been a loser.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
I will never forget the first show of the 2014 'Reunion/On with the Show ' tour in 2014....I think it was Minneapolis....when 'You Make Loving Fun ' was the second song of the concert: the cheer form the audience for Christine was absolutely wonderful and showed so much how delighted everyone was to have her back. You can even see it on the band members' faces, especially Mick and Stevie.
A very special moment!
I remember having an identical reaction to this same occurrence in Pittsburgh. The moment she started singing the first verse of YMLF, the audience went nuts. As a Christine fan, I loved the love she was getting.
Old 01-11-2024, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I remember having an identical reaction to this same occurrence in Pittsburgh. The moment she started singing the first verse of YMLF, the audience went nuts. As a Christine fan, I loved the love she was getting.
I was at that show. It was a funny and memorable moment Mick forgetting to introduce John.
Old 01-11-2024, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Great thread! Do you mean see in person or on video or both?
Basically in person
Old 01-11-2024, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I found the 1997 concert in YouTube, that was my first of the 3 I've seen.

If I have to pick a song or moment that was THE best or unforgettable moment for me, it would be when Christine finished Songbird. She usually thanked the city and this time the way she said "New York, New York, God bless" was so emotional. I was a bit far but I would swear she cried, like when John told the crying story in the Making of Rumours video.

https://youtu.be/O3cddSRkbXY?t=8069
That clip is very sweet. she sounds emotional but imo she seems more happy/overwhelmed..? I loved all those Dance era shows.

btw when John told that crying story, he meant that *he* cried. sometimes it's hard to follow his stories because he kind of mumbles but he said 'why? i don't want to cry anymore.' and chris said, 'Oh, you cry?' and he said yes.

i always felt chris was the least weepy/emotional of all of them...she seemed to keep it in.

--Lis
Old 01-11-2024, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
i always felt chris was the least weepy/emotional of all of them...she seemed to keep it in.

--Lis
She really did seem to be the toughest member. Always in control.
Old 01-11-2024, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When John was introducing the band in 1990 in Columbus and acted like he forgot what Christine’s name was.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-11-2024, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
btw when John told that crying story, he meant that *he* cried. sometimes it's hard to follow his stories because he kind of mumbles but he said 'why? i don't want to cry anymore.' and chris said, 'Oh, you cry?' and he said yes.
Yes that part has been always confusing to me. I can't hear clearly John words. I understood John or Mick were "stand in the wings" looking her singing Songbird and used to cry. He even said "grown man" and made the crying gesture.

But I understood it was Christine who said "I don't want to cry anymore", cause she also previously said "As long as I don't have to play Songbird". And John doesn't play bass in Songbird, does he? So I guessed he meant Christine and the anecdote was that she cried too, and the guys didn't know that.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes that part has been always confusing to me. I can't hear clearly John words. I understood John or Mick were "stand in the wings" looking her singing Songbird and used to cry. He even said "grown man" and made the crying gesture.

But I understood it was Christine who said "I don't want to cry anymore", cause she also previously said "As long as I don't have to play Songbird". And John doesn't play bass in Songbird, does he? So I guessed he meant Christine and the anecdote was that she cried too, and the guys didn't know that.
Back in the day, Lindsey strummed acoustic guitar, and John played an acoustic bass on it, live.

John's always been the one I'd least like to meet, because I wouldn't be able to understand him. Mumbling, on top of an accent. I'd end up just sitting and nodding.