User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2023, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Sorry Chris, it was churlish to have another go but I couldn't resist.

90 million dollars... After a certain point it just becomes meaningless (for one person to have so much money), doesn't it. It would be lovely if the family used some of the inheritance to establish some sort of scholarship or prize in Christine's name. How about the Christine McVie Award for women singer-songwriter-instrumentalists?
Her brother seems like a principled but very private person. Not sure if he’ll do what you’re suggesting (which would be great) but I’m thinking he and his son are mindful enough to do something.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Ah—thanks for that clarification. A typo. And I teach English!
Honestly, whenever I chat with you or David O, I am so careful with my diction/grammar, etc.
Old 07-21-2023, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Her brother seems like a principled but very private person. Not sure if he’ll do what you’re suggesting (which would be great) but I’m thinking he and his son are mindful enough to do something.
I agree w your description of him.

It would be interesting to see what they might do after taking care of family, which I assume will happen...? Maybe she just left it all to her brother, trusting that he'd take care of family... Chris's stepsister is married w 2 daughters, her half brother is married w 2 daughters, and then there's JP and his wife, and his 2 sons and their families. so let's assume all those people get a cut of that 90 million...there'd still be enough left to give a good chunk to charities that were close to her heart.

yeesh, i can't even imagine so much $$...

--Lis
Old 07-21-2023, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would support the Christine McVie Memorial Foundation Endowment for the Curation and Release of Old Fleetwood Mac Concerts.

Ninety million would go far.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-21-2023, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I agree w your description of him.

It would be interesting to see what they might do after taking care of family, which I assume will happen...? Maybe she just left it all to her brother, trusting that he'd take care of family... Chris's stepsister is married w 2 daughters, her half brother is married w 2 daughters, and then there's JP and his wife, and his 2 sons and their families. so let's assume all those people get a cut of that 90 million...there'd still be enough left to give a good chunk to charities that were close to her heart.

yeesh, i can't even imagine so much $$...

--Lis

I know, right?
Old 07-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was any inheritance left for John? They seemed to remain cordial friends after the divorce and the passing of time.

On a sidenote, during the 2014 "On with the Show" Tour, I witnessed the most tender moment. I purchased tickets in the low section on the far side of the stage. We were very close with a side view and nothing to the left of us - I could see many technical things going on backstage in the dark.

During "Big Love" and "Landslide" when they weren't needed onstage, Christine and John took a seat on some equipment boxes backstage and just sat closely in the dark and chatted for a while. They laughed and gestured to each other like wonderful old friends. It was a moment of melancholy that was very touching to witness - even more so now that Chris has left us.

I am so grateful that we were blessed with the 2014 Tour.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Was any inheritance left for John?
I doubt it. John’s loaded.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-21-2023, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I would support the Christine McVie Memorial Foundation Endowment for the Curation and Release of Old Fleetwood Mac Concerts.
Me too!!!!
Old 07-21-2023, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Was any inheritance left for John? They seemed to remain cordial friends after the divorce and the passing of time.

On a sidenote, during the 2014 "On with the Show" Tour, I witnessed the most tender moment. I purchased tickets in the low section on the far side of the stage. We were very close with a side view and nothing to the left of us - I could see many technical things going on backstage in the dark.

During "Big Love" and "Landslide" when they weren't needed onstage, Christine and John took a seat on some equipment boxes backstage and just sat closely in the dark and chatted for a while. They laughed and gestured to each other like wonderful old friends. It was a moment of melancholy that was very touching to witness - even more so now that Chris has left us.

I am so grateful that we were blessed with the 2014 Tour.
I think those two felt they were blessed with it also. They were *extremely* close, and that last decade brought them even closer. He was with her before/when she died, which IMO puts him in a category way beyond cordial friends...

But I doubt she left him any of her fortune...he has always been frugal with a capital F and never lacked for money. As Steve said, he's loaded.

Mick , on the other hand, could probably use some $...

--Lis
Old 07-22-2023, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I think those two felt they were blessed with it also. They were *extremely* close, and that last decade brought them even closer. He was with her before/when she died, which IMO puts him in a category way beyond cordial friends...

But I doubt she left him any of her fortune...he has always been frugal with a capital F and never lacked for money. As Steve said, he's loaded.

Mick , on the other hand, could probably use some $...

--Lis
This. They were, HANDS DOWN, the coolest members ever. Especially in the golden years. They were what we all should aspire to. Lindsey is almost there. Stevie will never be there. Mick's just too stupid to ever not be broke. Someone should put him out of his misery.
Old 07-22-2023, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This. They were, HANDS DOWN, the coolest members ever.
I kind of wish they would have been in a different band after 1980 or started a new one. Something without all the drama.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-22-2023, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I kind of wish they would have been in a different band after 1980 or started a new one. Something without all the drama.
In 1974, if Stevie was in a duo with another guitarist whose music Mick heard, who would you have like it to be?

I'd say Rick Nielsen or Bruce.
Old 07-22-2023, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
In 1974, if Stevie was in a duo with another guitarist whose music Mick heard, who would you have like it to be?

What a weird question.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-22-2023, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I agree. A working band that recorded new material every 1-2 years.
Old 07-22-2023, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

She could have done well with The Eagles. But, as Rolling Stone noted during The Dance reunion, it was Buckingham’s vision and talent you could pluck out of 70s rock and plunk down anywhere…

In short: she needed him. Her celebrity helped make him more famous, but he was her interpreter, her “musical soulmate”…

Last edited by aleuzzi; 07-22-2023 at 06:37 PM..