The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Melinda was shocked as hell and so was Blake. I think he was expecting to go.

since I don't really care who wins, I don't care that she went home, but I'm glad I get to see my Blake for a while longer.

Cake 4EVR
Old 05-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
daughtry is kicking ass on the charts -- can you imagine the kind of music they would have forced that kid to make had he won? melinda is better off.
Good point. If Blake wins over Jordin that will be a damn shame. But she'll probably still have a career! I guess I don't care who wins in the end but I'll be rooting for Jordin.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wanted a Blake/Melinda finale. Bah-humbug.

I still maintain Jordin is overrated. She's Diana DeGarmo. I do not see much of a career for her. Oh well...I guess she'll stand and smile her way to the crown.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
lol.

i hrt u.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As shocking and crappy as the results were last night. It's better Melinda is out now. I think it's better not to be the winner as their are so many contractual obligations you will have and not to mention AI getting a HUGE cut off any record sales. So Melinda is better off and she will be very successful in her own career. The door is wide open for her.

Same with Blake. In my prior posts in this thread, I did say he is the underdog here and could win the damn thing. But after what I wrote above, let Jordin win.

Funny too, on Tuesday night, when they shot their hometown scenes, Melinda is in the Mayor's home, Blake is in a park and Jordin is at a mall. LOL. I sense Tiffany and Debbie Gibson territory.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Tiffany and Debbie Gibson
Sweet Jesus, I just had a horrible flashback to my teen years!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Disappointing. But not surprising. Maybe Melinda will turn out to be this year's Chris Daughtry, and sell millions of CDs anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
daughtry is kicking ass on the charts -- can you imagine the kind of music they would have forced that kid to make had he won? melinda is better off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
As shocking and crappy as the results were last night. It's better Melinda is out now. I think it's better not to be the winner as their are so many contractual obligations you will have and not to mention AI getting a HUGE cut off any record sales. So Melinda is better off and she will be very successful in her own career. The door is wide open for her.

Same with Blake. In my prior posts in this thread, I did say he is the underdog here and could win the damn thing. But after what I wrote above, let Jordin win.

Funny too, on Tuesday night, when they shot their hometown scenes, Melinda is in the Mayor's home, Blake is in a park and Jordin is at a mall. LOL. I sense Tiffany and Debbie Gibson territory.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I honestly don't care who wins now though. I'll base my votes (if I even bother) on their performances next week.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Good point. If Blake wins over Jordin that will be a damn shame. But she'll probably still have a career! I guess I don't care who wins in the end but I'll be rooting for Jordin.
It was shocking!

So..Jordin has never been in the bottom at all. Either was Taylor Hicks.
She has a strong fan base. Where are Melinda's votes going next week?
I would imagine to Jordin.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I'm thinking Melinda fans will move to the Jordin camp now. I hate to generalize, but Idol fans tend to vote for a certain "type" of performer. Melinda & Jordin are similar in that they're both black women(well, Jordin is also white, but still) who can really belt out a tune. If people want that type of performer to win, they'll automatically toss their vote to Jordin now. Or, if they want a female artist to win, since a guy won last year.

Of course, there could be some who do NOT want that type of performer to win. Or who think Jordin's way too young. Or who are annoyed by her - Like Richard is. So you never know.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

I should have seen this coming. I'm not too torn about it though, you know? The curse of the Idol winner will be in full effect this year, just like with Taylor Hicks and last season. What's he doing these days? Besides sucking at life that is...

It's pretty funny that the contestants have better luck with their careers when they end up in 3rd or 4th place. Hudson, Daughtry, Doolittle...I'm talking to you.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Kimberly Locke didn't do too badly either. Elliot seems to be OK too.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
he got his chompers fixed! but that hair...makes him look like Wolfman.

Ms. Locke is doing the gay club circuit I think.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Fair enough. I doubt that Taylor Hicks will ever blow up the charts like Daughtry, and Fantasia sure as hell isn't getting any Oscar nods.

The exception to the winner's curse would be Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, but they're different. Little petite southern girls with big voices can get pretty far, regardless of what genre they're singing. Kellie Pickler anyone?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
her new name should be Kellie Porkler. girl has gained some weight, cut her hair and got boob implants. of course, this is all speculation, but look up some pics from the country awards this week. homegirl needs an intervention.

EDIT: ok...I'm confused. all the pics I can find she looks thin! but she looked way heavy on TV. does the camera now add 50 lbs and not 15. what's the world coming to! still, she should be proud of her new jugs.

EDIT2: don't get it twisted, I love Kellie. I really do. she's so cute to me. ok, there, I said it.

Last edited by JazmenFlowers; 05-17-2007 at 04:55 PM..
Old 05-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
^ I'm thinking Melinda fans will move to the Jordin camp now. I hate to generalize, but Idol fans tend to vote for a certain "type" of performer. Melinda & Jordin are similar in that they're both black women(well, Jordin is also white, but still) who can really belt out a tune. If people want that type of performer to win, they'll automatically toss their vote to Jordin now. Or, if they want a female artist to win, since a guy won last year.

Of course, there could be some who do NOT want that type of performer to win. Or who think Jordin's way too young. Or who are annoyed by her - Like Richard is. So you never know.
Yea..I do see your point. I honestly do not care who wins....it was not a strong Top 12. I am kind of happy for Blake...he was the dark horse from day one. I like Melinda..I think she is similiar to LaToya...maybe too polished for her own good. In this show..there is a certain element of surprise that was
just missing for Melinda.Like she was too good..for her own good.
Diana DeGarmo was 16/17 too. I do think Jordin is better than her.