Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Breaking out in what? A coughing fit?
This made me laugh.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I can make out that same shoulder less top that she's worn for 20 yrs now. It's her.
You beat me to that comment!
Old 06-25-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Leann co-wrote “Borrowed” about her affair with Eddie Cibrian when both she and Cibrian were still married to other people.

It’s quite touching and lonely how Stevie could sadly relate, especially considering that she’s alone. In addition, I’m not buying that “gave up being a wife for my music” story. While that notion may have been true at age 35-40, it’s certainly not the same sentiment that one feels at 70. I have a feeling that the reason Stevie likes to stay so busy is that she has no one to go home to.

A prior post listed Derek Taylor as one of Stevie’s past affairs. The subject of the song “Beautiful Child”—Derek (road manager of The Beatles) married his wife Joan in 1958. Thus, the line “you fell in love when I was only 10”. They were married for nearly 40 years, until his death in 1997.
Thanks for that information about Beautiful Child, I’ve wondered about that one for years.

I think her feelings on being single might be a little bit different now too, if she were being honest.

I hate to say it, but I do not care for this duet. It’s kind of a bummer.

Always glad to see her do something new though, regardless!
Old 06-26-2018, 11:42 AM
Ledgie

The effect of this is sort of what it must be like to listen to me sing along to the radio in the car. I've only got a few notes of range to work with comfortably, and I try to sing as softly as possible so as not to mess up the listening experience too much for other passengers.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Breaking out in what? A coughing fit? She's not capable of any strenuous vocals nowadays due to age, her years as a smoker, years of poor technique corrected too late, and the damage to her nose from her coke habit.
Personally I don’t find this comment fair. LeAnn is doing some pretty incredible vocal acrobatics on the song. It would be almost impossible to harmonize on those parts. I enjoy the young woman vs experienced older woman dynamic on the song.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I hate to say it, but I do not care for this duet. It’s kind of a bummer.

Always glad to see her do something new though, regardless!
I agree on both counts. The vocals are fine but it's the subject matter that annoy's me. How many times have we had to be blunt with a friend who is dating a married man, to let him/her know the guy will always go home to the wife? This is a song that celebrates the cheaters. Not cool.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie Nicks and LeAnn Rimes share heartbreak in new duet

By PABLO ARAUZ PENA

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Stevie Nicks cried on her living room floor when she first saw LeAnn Rimes perform “Borrowed” on her TV in 2013.

The song, about an intimate, yet fleeting romance between Rimes and her lover, came out on Rimes’ “Spitfire” album when Nicks became enamored with it. The Fleetwood Mac singer knew then that she wanted to sing it with Rimes someday.

“It was very easy for me to try to be in that same sad, deeply tragic, passionate place where she was when she wrote that song because I had been there. I had lived there for a long time,” Nicks said in an interview with The Associated Press from Mexico, where she was on vacation.

Nicks heard from mutual friend and producer Darrell Brown, who co-wrote “Borrowed,” that Rimes was planning to touch up some of her hits for her “Re-Imagined” EP, and she jumped at the chance to record a duet version with Rimes.

“Being able to have another artist really kind of get you on so many levels in that authenticity and from that space is really magical,” said Rimes.

The new version, released last month, balances Nicks’ soft croon to Rimes’ striking vocals. Like in the previous version, a cool and fading steel guitar compliments the rhythmic melody and calming percussion.

Even though Nicks has been singing and recording long before Rimes was on the scene, she said working with her is like going to singing college.

“She doesn’t brush over anything,” said 70-year-old Nicks. “You have to sing every single word with her; otherwise it won’t be a good duet because she would leave you in the dust.”

Rimes, 35, became a star as a teen and launched hits such as “Blue,” “How Do I Live” and “Can’t Fight the Moonlight.” She won the best new artist Grammy at age 14.

Both singers come from different musical backgrounds. Nicks is a rock ‘n' roll magnate from Phoenix and Rimes has country roots in Texas, but their voices reflect on a shared passion where heartbreak isn’t bound by place, time or genre.

Rimes said she came up with the idea for the song during an emotionally troubling moment on an airplane when she noticed someone reading a tabloid magazine with her on the cover. She started to cry when the stranger’s husband came to her comfort.

“I honestly feel like that guy was an angel,” she said. “Some things came over me at that moment and I just remember thinking that title (“Borrowed”) to myself.”

The first line of the song came to Rimes: “I know you’re not mine. Only borrowed.” From there, she took it to the studio where she fleshed out the rest of the tune.

“It’s a very honest, authentic moment and capturing a piece of me that I really didn’t know existed until I wrote this song,” said Rimes.

Rimes is currently on a summer tour and Nicks is hitting the road with Fleetwood Mac in the fall. Both singers said they hope to perform the song together someday.

“I would love to do a record with LeAnn,” said Nicks. “I’m hoping that for some reason we'll get to go onstage and sing this song together.”
Old 07-21-2018, 04:43 AM

Stevie Nicks Talks Duet With LeAnn Rimes on 'Borrowed' and Hopes For a Live Performance

Stevie Nicks cried on her living room floor when she first saw LeAnn Rimes perform “Borrowed” on her TV in 2013.

The song, about an intimate, yet fleeting romance between Rimes and her lover, came out on Rimes’ Spitfire album when Nicks became enamored with it. The Fleetwood Mac singer knew then that she wanted to sing it with Rimes someday.

“It was very easy for me to try to be in that same sad, deeply tragic, passionate place where she was when she wrote that song because I had been there. I had lived there for a long time,” Nicks said in an interview with The Associated Press from Mexico, where she was on vacation.

Nicks heard from mutual friend and producer Darrell Brown, who co-wrote “Borrowed,” that Rimes was planning to touch up some of her hits for her Re-Imagined EP, and she jumped at the chance to record a duet version with Rimes.

“Being able to have another artist really kind of get you on so many levels in that authenticity and from that space is really magical,” said Rimes.

The new version, released last month, balances Nicks’ soft croon to Rimes’ striking vocals. Like in the previous version, a cool and fading steel guitar compliments the rhythmic melody and calming percussion.

Even though Nicks has been singing and recording long before Rimes was on the scene, she said working with her is like going to singing college.

“She doesn’t brush over anything,” said 70-year-old Nicks. “You have to sing every single word with her; otherwise it won’t be a good duet because she would leave you in the dust.”

Rimes, 35, became a star as a teen and launched hits such as “Blue,” ″How Do I Live” and “Can’t Fight the Moonlight.” She won the best new artist Grammy at age 14.

Both singers come from different musical backgrounds. Nicks is a rock ‘n’ roll magnate from Phoenix and Rimes has country roots in Texas, but their voices reflect on a shared passion where heartbreak isn’t bound by place, time or genre.

Rimes said she came up with the idea for the song during an emotionally troubling moment on an airplane when she noticed someone reading a tabloid magazine with her on the cover. She started to cry when the stranger’s husband came to her comfort.

“I honestly feel like that guy was an angel,” she said. “Some things came over me at that moment and I just remember thinking that title (“Borrowed”) to myself.”

The first line of the song came to Rimes: “I know you’re not mine. Only borrowed.” From there, she took it to the studio where she fleshed out the rest of the tune.

“It’s a very honest, authentic moment and capturing a piece of me that I really didn’t know existed until I wrote this song,” said Rimes.

Rimes is currently on a summer tour and Nicks is hitting the road with Fleetwood Mac in the fall. Both singers said they hope to perform the song together someday.

“I would love to do a record with LeAnn,” said Nicks. “I’m hoping that for some reason we’ll get to go onstage and sing this song together.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-duet-borrowed
Old 07-21-2018, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

“I would love to do a record with LeAnn,” said Nicks. “I’m hoping that for some reason we’ll get to go onstage and sing this song together.”

Like Stevie goes into studios and does "records" a lot. No "record" since 2014.