User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Lindsey would be saying, "We still don't know if Stevie's going to participate, but we're not going to allow this music to fall through the cracks."
I'd be reassured if Lindsey did say that. If it comes out either way, that's great news to my ears.

Lindsey kept saying that the EP songs (and the other recorded ones) would come out in one form or another, because that's what he wanted to happen. But Stevie never concurred and her silence ended up being prophetic then. So, I think it means something now.

But I don't really care if she's in or she's out. I just want there to be an album, even if she's out.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

PLUS.. it is not above LB's capabilities to make a Robo-Stevie out of his own voice and stick her in the background vocals regardless. See Big Love, She Smiled Sweetly, Peacemaker...
Old 10-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey kept saying that the EP songs (and the other recorded ones) would come out in one form or another, because that's what he wanted to happen.
As we all know, circumstances changed -- and, in a relatively short amount of time after 'EP' was released, Christine began making overtures about rejoining the band. I'm sure the second her comeback seemed like a very real possibility, the idea of releasing more of the Mitchell Froom tracks, beyond those on 'EP,' got put on the back-burner.

Quote:
But Stevie never concurred and her silence ended up being prophetic then. So, I think it means something now.
That's not entirely true -- Stevie mentioned in some of the TV interviews prior to the start of the 2013 tour, that she was open to recording and releasing a couple songs here and there, but was still unsure about recording a full album.

Either way, I still don't believe her hesitance then is indicative of her feelings now. Whether she's bothered to publicly state that or not.

Things that are true in any given moment with this band, aren't necessarily true in the next. Twice now, we've been told by one member or another, that this particular line-up was "never getting back together" -- and then it happened. There was a long period of time when Stevie doubted she'd ever record another solo album -- and then she did, twice. A few years ago, Mick didn't believe Fleetwood Mac would ever tour again -- and they've had two massive tours since.

Things change.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Without a confirmation from Stevie or even any of the band members saying they have confirmation from Stevie, comments like Lindsey's could just be like many on this board who assume Stevie will take part because why wouldn't she? Lindsey's comment could be interpreted that way while Mick's, which are contradictory to Lindsey's, can really only mean that they don't yet have an agreement in place. Only they know the truth of it at this point.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Again, no desire to wade into speculation, but just one more fact to throw out there: earlier this year Dave Stewart pretty clearly and unequivocally stated that Stevie was committed to FM, and "will" record with the band once the tour is over. He posted this on Facebook in response to an obnoxious comment about Stevie's noncommittal attitude.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's not entirely true -- Stevie mentioned in some of the TV interviews prior to the start of the 2013 tour, that she was open to recording and releasing a couple songs here and there, but was still unsure about recording a full album.
Stevie mentioned that she was willing to throw some songs out there, which is what they did with the EP. She never said she was willing to do an album.

The point is, it's not like Stevie has been keeping a low profile. She's not shy. She's omnipresent and loquacious. She's the one who has been doing the most interviews. She's the one whose participation is in question and she's the one who has not confirmed her participation in the album that all the other band members have talked about.

I am just not ready to say that Lindsey can speak for Stevie on this subject. In fact, the argument, "Well, Lindsey said Stevie would so that means she WILL even if she hasn't said so," is ludicrous to me. I don't think he speaks for her any more than she speaks for him.

But I don't care whether she is on board with them or not. I may have hoped for her participation at one point, I don't any longer, because her reluctance has dampened my hopes for the collaboration. I just hope the album comes out, with or without her. That's the only confirmation I'm interested in hearing.

As for your wide-ranging observation that things change: Yes, they do. That's why I'm afraid, because once this tour is over all bets are off. I hope they commit to something concrete, before the tour ends. Otherwise, it might be years before they reconvene.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Lindsey's comment could be interpreted that way while Mick's, which are contradictory to Lindsey's, can really only mean that they don't yet have an agreement in place.
I still want to know where our confirmation is, that Mick even said that Stevie's not yet on board. I looked back through recent threads, and it seems that the first Ledgie who attributed that comment to Mick, wasn't even at the Meet & Greet in question.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Without a confirmation from Stevie or even any of the band members saying they have confirmation from Stevie, comments like Lindsey's could just be like many on this board who assume Stevie will take part because why wouldn't she? Lindsey's comment could be interpreted that way while Mick's, which are contradictory to Lindsey's, can really only mean that they don't yet have an agreement in place. Only they know the truth of it at this point.
Oh, it's just like the Playboy interview. They assumed that Stevie would tour, but she hadn't obligated herself. They felt that they had already waited a year and Mick wanted some commitment, so he gave that interview and then Stevie did commit. They thought she would, but she had not yet. I feel that we're in the same place. The scary part is that back then Stevie just made up a 3 year break from FM. She fully planned to tour, she just said she had a rule about waiting 3 years.

She may plan to participate in an FM album some time, the question is WHEN? We don't have another 3 years to spare.

She plans to animate Goldfish and the Ladybug. She plans a Three Birds of Rhiannon opera. I am also confident that she plans to record with FM again some time in the future. I'm just curious as to WHEN. If she's looking to wait until 2017 or 2018 to commit, then I would like the other 4 to do an album without her in the interim and then later the five can happily coalesce in 3 years.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I am just not ready to say that Lindsey can speak for Stevie on this subject. In fact, the argument, "Well, Lindsey said Stevie would so that means she WILL even if she hasn't said so," is ludicrous to me. I don't think he speaks for her any more than she speaks for him.
I don't believe they speak for each other, either. However, I also don't believe for one minute that Lindsey (and Christine, it should be noted) would be speaking with any certainty of Stevie's participation, if he didn't have knowledge that we're not currently privy to.

Regarding Stevie's radio silence on the subject, maybe she just doesn't feel it's necessary to confirm she'll be participating. In her mind, it could be a foregone conclusion.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Regarding Stevie's radio silence on the subject, maybe she just doesn't feel it's necessary to confirm she'll be participating. In her mind, it could be a foregone conclusion.
To me it resembles her studied poker face during the concerts, where she has said that when she hears Lindsey make a declaration to the audience during his speech that she is disagreeing in her head.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, if anyone from her camp follows anything on this site (remember the red cape comment?) then they will certainly become aware rather quickly about the confusion and some of the sentiment surrounding her participation in another Mac album. Maybe this means sooner rather than later we'll get some crumb of direct acknowledgment from her in an interview.

Otherwise, like all things pertaining to FM, until it IS happening in real time, I for one reserve the right to some healthy skepticism. They've mucked us around before. I remain hopeful that the album will come to be, but cautiously skeptical for the moment. As we've all said, there's a lot on their plates right now, a lot between finishing this tour and starting an album, and that leaves a lot of wiggle room and time for things to go sour or whatever. That may be why Stevie is holding her tongue, or it may not be.

It's like that famous slogan during the Cold War "trust but verify".
Old 10-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I personally would be happy with a Lindsey/Christine album without Stevie. I have always felt the Buckingham/McVie collaboration was one of the strongest elements in this band, and I'd like to hear more of it. I'd like to hear more songs co-written and co-sung by the two of them.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[I love this. It's about Pittsburgh football realistic fans vs. optimistic fans. I want to kiss the writer for knowing about FM before Behind the Mask. We could apply the two points of view to our conversation here]

Realistic vs. optimistic fans in non-Steelers situations throughout history: The Spoof

By Anthony Defeo@Defeoman on Oct 15 2014, Behind the Steel Curtain

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...ons-throughout

April 3, 1990, just days before Fleetwood Mac are set to release their first album without Lindsey Buckingham

Realistic Fleetwood Mac fan: I don't have a good feeling about Behind the Mask. And it's not just because Lindsey Buckingham is gone, either. I mean, who is Billy Burnette? Who is Rick Vito? Why even bother with a new album without such an integral part of what made your band so successful?

Optimistic FM fan #1: Excuse me? I didn't realize you could see into the future and that you were such an expert on music.

Optimistic FM fan #2: Yeah, do I really need to hear this kind of stuff right before their album is released? FM's music has been the soundtrack to my life for nearly two-decades, and Mick Fleetwood wouldn't have added Burnette and Vito to the band if he didn't think they were capable of generating the same success as when Buckingham was involved.

Optimistic FM fan #1: Totally. We should give it time before we write off this album. There are 13 songs to go! I'm excited about Burnette and Vito, and I think they can take FM to a whole new level! I look for this new album to equal or surpass the success of Rumours!

Optimistic FM fan #2: Yeah baby, 20 million copies! That's what we do around here!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

Everyone calm down. Stevie will be participating in the new mac album.

http://stevie-nicks.info/2014/10/lin...w-album-plans/

I dont know why everyone jumps to conclusions and always thinks the worst about Stevie. A new mac album without her would honestly suck. As RD says this could be their last album so they should go out the way they came in. The original 5 together for the last time.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyrock View Post
As RD says this could be their last album so they should go out the way they came in. The original 5 together for the last time.
I don't think Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, or Danny Kirwan are on board at this time.

THE Stephen Hopkins