Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Lindsey's Box Set

Thanks to starshine. The comment in another thread gave me the idea!

As Fleetwood Mac with the special Rumours or the 25 Years: The Chain collection, or as Stevie with Enchanted, Lindsey deserves his own box set.
We made some interesting and possible playlists before, but this time could be a bit different. It can include his complete discography or 3 or 4 CDs with some of his solo work from 1981 to the present, including studio versions, live and demos... He also could release a DVD with all the videos, or with an old concert, or something new! You know, we have lot of odds.
So, what do you think? Is it a good idea, now that we know the new Rumours was released, and that Stevie made something similar with 5 studio albums released before?

Well, some songs I include:

- Bwana
- Trouble
- It was I
- September Song
- Johnny Stew
- Holiday Road
- Dancing across the USA
- I want you
- Go Insane
- Slow Dancing
- Bang the Drum
- D.W Suite
- Intro & Don't Look Down
- Wrong
- Countdown
- Soul Drifter
- You Do Or You Don't
- Intro & Surrender The Rain
- Say We'll Meet Again

- On the wrong side
- Show you how
- Cast away dreams
- Shut us down
- Down on Rodeo
- Someone's gotta change your mind (Soundstage or studio)
- Did you miss me
- Love runs deeper
- Bel Air Rain
- Gift of Screws
- Seeds We Sow
- In our own time
- Sick of you
- Brother and Sister
- She acts like you

And FM songs, live, demo or not:

- Blue Letter
- World turning
- I'm So Afraid
- Second Hand News
- Never going back again
- Go your own way
- Save Me A Place
- What Makes You Think You're The One
- Not That Funny
- Tusk
- Walk a Thin Line
- Can't Go Back
- Book Of Love
- Oh Diane
- Eyes of the World
- Big Love
- Family Man
- Bleed To Love Her
- My Little Demon
- Murrow
- Peacekeeper
- Steal your heart away
- Say Goodbye

Regards and thanks!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Thanks to starshine. The comment in another thread gave me the idea!

As Fleetwood Mac with the special Rumours or the 25 Years: The Chain collection, or as Stevie with Enchanted, Lindsey deserves his own box set.
We made some interesting and possible playlists before, but this time could be a bit different. It can include his complete discography or 3 or 4 CDs with some of his solo work from 1981 to the present, including studio versions, live and demos... He also could release a DVD with all the videos, or with an old concert, or something new! You know, we have lot of odds.
So, what do you think? Is it a good idea, now that we know the new Rumours was released, and that Stevie made something similar with 5 studio albums released before?

Well, some songs I include:

- Bwana
- Trouble
- It was I
- September Song
- Johnny Stew
- Holiday Road
- Dancing across the USA
- I want you
- Go Insane
- Slow Dancing
- Bang the Drum
- D.W Suite
- Intro & Don't Look Down
- Wrong
- Countdown
- Soul Drifter
- You Do Or You Don't
- Intro & Surrender The Rain
- Say We'll Meet Again

- On the wrong side
- Show you how
- Cast away dreams
- Shut us down
- Down on Rodeo
- Someone's gotta change your mind (Soundstage or studio)
- Did you miss me
- Love runs deeper
- Bel Air Rain
- Gift of Screws
- Seeds We Sow
- In our own time
- Sick of you
- Brother and Sister
- She acts like you

And FM songs, live, demo or not:

- Blue Letter
- World turning
- I'm So Afraid
- Second Hand News
- Never going back again
- Go your own way
- Save Me A Place
- What Makes You Think You're The One
- Not That Funny
- Tusk
- Walk a Thin Line
- Can't Go Back
- Book Of Love
- Oh Diane
- Eyes of the World
- Big Love
- Family Man
- Bleed To Love Her
- My Little Demon
- Murrow
- Peacekeeper
- Steal your heart away
- Say Goodbye

Regards and thanks!!
This would be a great release, but I personally would prefer to see expanded and remastered releases of all the earlier albums, which would contain all these tracks, plus more. The same goes for the Nicks catalogue. Warner Music Group seem very reluctant to reissue anything Fleetwood Mac related unless the word "Rumours" is associated with it.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
This would be a great release, but I personally would prefer to see expanded and remastered releases of all the earlier albums, which would contain all these tracks, plus more. The same goes for the Nicks catalogue. Warner Music Group seem very reluctant to reissue anything Fleetwood Mac related unless the word "Rumours" is associated with it.
there are number of LB fans who have been suggesting to Lindsey that his box set is way overdue.

he really should do it. i don't think WB has much interest in LB's box set and Lindsey has been doing so much better as a solo artist in the last few years since he left warners. so that might be a complicated part b/c i guess warners must own most of his solo catalog, and i think he should release a box set on his own label. maybe he'd have to re-record everything he wants to release? record it live in the studio? idk. but i'm sure he must have been thinking about this at least a little and he'll find the way eventually.

i have to think a bit what all i'd want to have in this set and how it would be structured.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
It can include his complete discography or 3 or 4 CDs with some of his solo work from 1981 to the present, including studio versions, live and demos... He also could release a DVD with all the videos, or with an old concert, or something new! You know, we have lot of odds.
these sound like great ideas and many of these would override the concerns with warners i think. we know he still has all these great demos and some practically finished solo songs that he never put out.

he's been putting out DVDs of solo shows recently, and also making his solo records available as limited vinyl editions, so that's been great.

but he has some older performances (Center Stage!) that were never officially out. so it would be interesting to have many of these demos, live performances, studio versions, and possibly some re-recorded older songs as a part of the box set.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

The concert he did for VH1 back in 1992 in support of his Out Of The Cradle album was a good concert. It's on YouTube, but it's only a VHS transfer from a TV broadcast. This would make a great DVD, or maybe a bonus DVD included in a reissue of Out Of The Cradle.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
The concert he did for VH1 back in 1992 in support of his Out Of The Cradle album was a good concert. It's on YouTube, but it's only a VHS transfer from a TV broadcast. This would make a great DVD, or maybe a bonus DVD included in a reissue of Out Of The Cradle.
And it wasn't a full concert, so having it released as a whole would be nice. DVDs can hold more than VHS can. I don't know why artists (well, producers) still edit live concert dvds down to just a selection of songs. Anyone who wants to buy your live concert video probably wants the whole thing, all songs included.

Michele
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As far as "Peacekeeper" & "Steal Your Heart Away", there are other versions that could be used for the box.

The solo verson of "Peacekeeper" (that was released on a benefit CD sometime well before SYW. A version that I actually like a whole lot better than the SYW version.)

And, the version of "Steal Your Heart Away" from the CD set that was mail ordered to people who attended The Dance tour is quite a bit different than the SYW version, as well.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
As far as "Peacekeeper" & "Steal Your Heart Away", there are other versions that could be used for the box.

The solo verson of "Peacekeeper" (that was released on a benefit CD sometime well before SYW. A version that I actually like a whole lot better than the SYW version.)

And, the version of "Steal Your Heart Away" from the CD set that was mail ordered to people who attended The Dance tour is quite a bit different than the SYW version, as well.
I love the solo version of PK way better, too

Any chance you could share that SYHA? Or is it available on any torrent sites??
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart A Lindsey Box Set !!!

Very Good Ideas from all our Lindsey Fans !!!
Now if someone could get the good word out to
the man himself...he's in charge now...So Do IT!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Warner Bros

I agree with Elle, with WB controlling almost his entire catalog of past official releases (basically everything but Seeds We Sow), the chances of this happening are pretty slim. It would be good to have demos and out takes from his solo work, but LB did not seem interested or involved in the selection of Rumours demos and out takes. His obsessive and controlling personality makes this even less likely (he spent three years on OOTC, although he has made great strides since, even releasing One Man Show with almost no post production work). It appears that a re-release of Buckingham-Nicks on CD is gaining momentum, so that may be all we ever get (officially) in his lifetime. For me, I would rather he continue to focus his efforts on new music, as Seeds We Sow was fantastic.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I love the solo version of PK way better, too

Any chance you could share that SYHA? Or is it available on any torrent sites??
chiliD? can you help us out? direct us?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love a DVD of watching lindsey make a song from inception to it going to press on his new CD. Now that would be cool.

I think a music only box set is a bit far out for lindsey to release on his own at the minute. He probably needs another 2-3's cd first.

Most fans have it all on mp3 format now anyway and can create any playlist (boxset / best of) they want.

The real want here is a full on behind the scenes, demos cd and DVD included with a 15 track "The best of" collection.

So the box set should include a "best of CD", a behind the scenes making of a song documentary and a music video collection blu ray format and a demos collection cd. If he really wanted to make our day a 4th cd containing a collection of cover versions.

There's your box set lindsey.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as I love the idea of Lindsey's Box Set, I think this will only appear...In Your Dreams

Old 02-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for thanking me for the idea. I know we all discussed it before Lindsey does need his own box set & I'm sure he's gotta have something extra in his own valuet thats not released yet. I would love the 12" exteneded version of 'Slow Dancing' released for sure and any other outtakes etc from Out of The Cradle plus whatever else he's got hidding someplace & photos like Stevie he has to have outtake pics too. He needs to release all of his videos on DVD thats for sure with extras or interviews too. I hope he does do it sometime soon. It would be nice. Love everyone's idea's.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
As much as I love the idea of Lindsey's Box Set, I think this will only appear...In Your Dreams
Maybe it is 'in our dreams' but anything is possible. I mean Lindsey has release alot of cds/dvd sets of late & really I didn't think he'd get that much released so who's to say. Maybe the box set will be of LTD edition who knows but I'll still keep hoping he'll get one released. Someday!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."