User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Cool! I can crank out some fancy artwork later tonight possibly, if it gets going.
Thanks!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like we'll have to wait a while longer:

"Pulled at seeders request. Technical difficulties."
Old 10-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I'd have been annoyed if they'd been left out in favour of songs we've heard a million times before like GYOW. It's a good balance of old and new IMO.
Indeed. Once I heard Holiday Road then he was obligated to have Show You How make the cut, because if Show You How had been omitted for Holiday Road, just because that's better known, I would have been frothing at the mouth. I would have boycotted.

I was wondering for people who were at the concert, there is one point at the beginning where someone yells out and Lindsey replies along the lines of "I feel exactly the same way." I was wondering if anyone remembers what the lady actually yelled to him, because I couldn't make out her words.

Michele
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was wondering for people who were at the concert, there is one point at the beginning where someone yells out and Lindsey replies along the lines of "I feel exactly the same way." I was wondering if anyone remembers what the lady actually yelled to him, because I couldn't make out her words.

Michele
I'll have to see it...I don't remember off the top of my head. I remember the audience was chatting back and forth with him throughout the taping.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Indeed. Once I heard Holiday Road then he was obligated to have Show You How make the cut, because if Show You How had been omitted for Holiday Road, just because that's better known, I would have been frothing at the mouth. I would have boycotted.

Michele
Holiday Road is just so much better than Show You How I can't even begin to explain. But then again I hate Show You How with a passion. Should have done Try for the Sun.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Holiday Road is just so much better than Show You How I can't even begin to explain. But then again I hate Show You How with a passion. Should have done Try for the Sun.
It might be too new for me to accurately assess it, but right now I see Show You How as one of my top 5 Lindsey songs ever. I loved it as soon as I heard it, to the point where I had to force myself to stop listening to it, to prevent overkill.

In the Sound Off interview Lindsey talked about how he used a half voice on his UTS songs. Tell me about it. That voice killed part of the album for some people. With more rhythm and a different vocal, Show You How could have been a completely different song, but I'm enraptured with what it is.

Michele
Old 10-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It might be too new for me to accurately assess it, but right now I see Show You How as one of my top 5 Lindsey songs ever. I loved it as soon as I heard it, to the point where I had to force myself to stop listening to it, to prevent overkill.

In the Sound Off interview Lindsey talked about how he used a half voice on his UTS songs. Tell me about it. That voice killed part of the album for some people. With more rhythm and a different vocal, Show You How could have been a completely different song, but I'm enraptured with what it is.

Michele
I have a copy of SYH that's completely off the cuff during an interview and it was incredible...it was one of those situatuions where Lindsey had prepared Big Love or Not Too Late like always and was asked to do Show You How. He did it and it was an awesome, raw version.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
I have a copy of SYH that's completely off the cuff during an interview and it was incredible...it was one of those situatuions where Lindsey had prepared Big Love or Not Too Late like always and was asked to do Show You How. He did it and it was an awesome, raw version.
Would you mind sharing that raw version of Show You How? (Please? Pretty Please?? Ice cream on top?)
Old 10-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Would you mind sharing that raw version of Show You How? (Please? Pretty Please?? Ice cream on top?)
Sure, I'll hunt it down when I get home from work today and I'll post it.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Oh I completely agree. If Lindsey had done a typical "rock" album I think almost all of those songs would be "better" (wasn't sure on the word to use. I love some of these songs, but they sound like demos to me). I HATE the half voice thing. HATE HATE HATE! Twist of Fate would sound soooo much better if he didn't **** up the vocals like that ughhh!

But anyway, the songs that I think should remain in original acoustic for are Try for the Sun, Down on Rodeo, Under the Skin, and Shut us Down. I think all the others should have been done differently.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't be a hater.

The vocals match the theme of the album.

And I, too, love Show You How.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Don't be a hater.

Word. Word. Word.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Twist of Fate would sound soooo much better if he didn't **** up the vocals like that ughhh!
how can he have meant TOF if he's referring to use half voice on UTS-songs?
It's not on the album. It's one of the ROCK songs from GOS?????

He used held-in vocals on some of your faves on the album...SUD, UTS....

Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Don't be a hater.

I hate not being able to understand him until I look at the lyric sheet or hear it live. I just think it sounds.....ridiculous. The vocals in Twist of Fate do not match the "sound" of that song. I just think he really hates the way his voice comes across, which sucks for me because I mostly dislike what he does with his vocals.

One exception: She Smiles Sweetly
Old 10-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Word. Word. Word.
I get tired of that crap. I don't go onto the Stevie forum and talk smack, but it's perfectly normal to see that stuff on the Lindsey board.

It's not that people can't have an opinion, but holy ****, we got the point the first 300 times it was mentioned.