The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL - Carne - you know you and I really are just about on the same page. I am, however, far more trusting, admittedly to my detriment most of the time.

I think we should have gone after (militarily or otherwise) Saudi Arabia when we went after Afganistan on 9/12/01. I think the Saudis are far more culpable than their lap dogs the Bush family let us believe.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 12-18-2003 at 01:58 PM..
Old 12-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Yeah, like why Bush sat there for 20 minutes after the second plane hit and continued to read a goat story to children in an elementary school while Ari Fleischer held up a sign in the back of the room that said "Don't say anything yet." He should have left immediately. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
In his defense, not all of the facts were immediately known. I mean we all thought a small commuter plane had accidently hit the first building. That is what the news first reported for about 10 or 15 minutes, during which it bacame more apparent it was a larger jet. It was only when the second plane hit that it became apparent. The terrorists did not announce they were going to do this. So, I give W some slack because their was no clear indication it was a terrorist attack in the frirst 20 minutes.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 12-18-2003 at 02:00 PM..
Old 12-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Perhaps he didn't want to frighten the kids?

How would that have made any difference to the situation?

Just curious...

Rob
He should have left immediately.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
In his defense, not all of the facts were immediately known. I mean we all thought a small commuter plane had accidently hit the first building. That is what the news first reported for about 10 or 15 minutes. It was only when the second plane hit that it became apparent. The terrorists did not announce they were going to do this. So, I give W some slack because their was no clear indication it was a terrorist attack in the frirst 20 minutes.
He stayed for 20 or so minutes after the second plane. He should have left immediately.
Edited to add: I could see if it was a plane striking some building but The World Trade Center? With the intelligence briefings that he'd had and the history of that building being a target, some alarm bells should have been going off in his head. I'll never forget the look on his face. He looked scared sh*tless, IMO and at a loss as to what to do. It's one of the reasons he's unfit to lead this country, IMO. Why shouldn't some of the responsibility rest on his shoulders? He's the man at the top. He wanted the job, he should accept the responsibility.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 12-18-2003 at 02:19 PM..
Old 12-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He stayed for 20 or so minutes after the second plane. He should have left immediately.
Oops, my bad - but he was reading a story about Stevie - right

Here is a cool article on what was known beforehand. Apparently Pres. Clinton will perhaps give live testimony.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,106086,00.html

Old 12-18-2003, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the link.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the link.
You do know that I love directing you to "Fox" news

Old 12-18-2003, 02:54 PM

Strand, I hate to tell ya, but that was lifted from a CBS report.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Strand, I hate to tell ya, but that was lifted from a CBS report.
You mean Fox would do something like that? As we say inthe South, "Bless their hearts!"

Old 12-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You do know that I love directing you to "Fox" news
You're so baaaaaad. Goat story. I just got it. LMAO. BTW, I just got the Brazilian Mirage dvd today and watched the drunken panty shot list/spin in your honor. It's still quite breathtaking. The subtitles are a hoot.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 12-18-2003 at 03:01 PM..
Old 12-18-2003, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're so baaaaaad. Goat story. I just got it. LMAO. BTW, I just got the Brazilian Mirage dvd today and watched the drunken panty shot list/spin in your honor. It's still quite breathtaking. The subtitles are a hoot.
My annual drunken Holiday brawl is this weekend. I may list/spin and reveal underwear as well. It almost did and would have happened last year except one large, Janet Reno looking sensible gal with bad hair put an end to the (OK MY!! ) drunken Stevie imitations Apparently, La Reno was drunk (on beer of course - at least she drank it out of the bottle ), had had a crush on La Nicks for years, and was already in a grumpy mood because she had been cut off from the dwindling supply of spinach cheese dip she had been grazing on for hours She will be there this year as she is a dear friend - but having practiced EFO in the mirror and around the house for the last few months - I am ready for her

Old 12-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
My annual drunken Holiday brawl is this weekend. I may list/spin and reveal underwear as well. It almost did and would have happened last year except one large, Janet Reno looking sensible gal with bad hair put an end to the (OK MY!! ) drunken Stevie imitations Apparently, La Reno was drunk (on beer of course - at least she drank it out of the bottle ), had had a crush on La Nicks for years, and was already in a grumpy mood because she had been cut off from the dwindling supply of spinach cheese dip she had been grazing on for hours She will be there this year as she is a dear friend - but having practiced EFO in the mirror and around the house for the last few months - I am ready for her
Video please?
Old 12-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I ordered the same DVD but it hasn't arrived yet. How's the quality?

Drunken panty shot????????

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
I ordered the same DVD but it hasn't arrived yet. How's the quality?

Drunken panty shot????????
The quality is better than the old videotape that I have. It's not bad. The incident in question is from SOTM.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I'm not suggesting Bush knew anything in advance.
Well, I am.

Bush claims that it's an "absurd insinuation," but it certainly isn't; his administration had prior knowledge of an attack. The real kicker, though, is that they admitted it months ago!!! White House officials confirmed that they had warnings that Osama and his and his network were thinking up a scheme to hijack American planes and that it had been stated in numerous intelligence reports. Condie Rice received an "analytic report" with that information on August 6, 2001 (at Bush's home in Crawford!!), more than a month before the attacks. The same report said talked about Osama's methods of operation AND included mentions of upcoming hijackings. That report matched up with another intelligence report that Osama was trying to target the US and use US planes!

Before anyone says that it was just a threat and not a warning of 9/11, ponder this: all White House officials, cabinet members, and even Ashcroft, stopped flying in commercial aircrafts and leased private planes for the duration.

I'm sure Bush and his officials didn't know it would happen on Septemeber 11th, but they knew something would go down.