Outside The Rain/Dreams
I Need To Know
Sara
If Anyone Falls
Leather And Lace
Stand Back
Beauty And The Beast
Gypsy

Last edited by cbBen; 04-04-2020 at 06:24 PM..
Old 04-05-2020, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Yes this has been circling around for many years. So thankful it was shot but you can see why it was never commercially released. While still a beauty queen in 1983 her coke abuse was showing. She actually performs pretty good here compared to other shows. But it sad that you cant stop even for one night to have your concert professionally shot which could make you more money (promotion, video sales, etc).
Now the biggest question up for debate: Was the Elaine dance staged and pre-planned. I vote yes. Its hysterical when Stevie says at the end..."I have to give her back,right?"
I also love it during If Anyone Falls she exclaims "They just play until I start" LMAO So true.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes this has been circling around for many years. So thankful it was shot but you can see why it was never commercially released. While still a beauty queen in 1983 her coke abuse was showing. She actually performs pretty good here compared to other shows. But it sad that you cant stop even for one night to have your concert professionally shot which could make you more money (promotion, video sales, etc).
Now the biggest question up for debate: Was the Elaine dance staged and pre-planned. I vote yes. Its hysterical when Stevie says at the end..."I have to give her back,right?"
I also love it during If Anyone Falls she exclaims "They just play until I start" LMAO So true.
This is a commercial shoot? The lighting is so bad. It's like the difference in the Tusk tour vs Mirage. Tusk is dark and grainy, with no definition. Mirage is beautiful. Kind of shocking since this is the year after Mirage.

Her voice isn't very strong on several different songs, and her backup girls blow her away.

I could have sworn that Waddy sang Don Henley's part on L&Lace. I saw this tour at the Indianapolis stop(Joe Walsh opened, and it was at some outdoor tennis court - I don't remember the name, and it's the only time I was ever at that venue).
Old 04-05-2020, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This is a commercial shoot? The lighting is so bad. It's like the difference in the Tusk tour vs Mirage. Tusk is dark and grainy, with no definition. Mirage is beautiful. Kind of shocking since this is the year after Mirage.

Her voice isn't very strong on several different songs, and her backup girls blow her away.

I could have sworn that Waddy sang Don Henley's part on L&Lace. I saw this tour at the Indianapolis stop(Joe Walsh opened, and it was at some outdoor tennis court - I don't remember the name, and it's the only time I was ever at that venue).
Well I imagine in those days to spend money on film crews and such led to the almost certainty of commercial release. Stevie was huge with her HBO special (Bella Donna) and her Red Rocks went to Showtime. VHS tapes of concerts sold like hot cakes in 1983 and 1984. So I don't see them recording a concert just for fun or memories like Stevie does today. But today its easier with the roaming cameras, etc.
Also its circumstantial evidence but this concert footage is a pre-cursor to Red Rocks. In 1983 it would have been insane to reshoot close ups because of how bad Stevie looked. They came up with a quick fix to her look. She looks great but is high as a kite.

I saw this tour in Pittsburgh and she was so out of it. The concert was recently added to youtube so I could relive my memories and I think I know why it was so bad. The night before she and Joe played Philly. She does a pretty good job but the next night of staying up all night with Joe led to a disaster show. I remember hearing Joe Walsh on the radio from the arena on the way to the show and he was drunk as a skunk. Waddy did not sing leather and lace when I saw them. She made it a solo song.

What is your opinion? Is Elaine a prop? I believe so and that is another reason I believe this concert was planned to be a commercial release.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-05-2020 at 05:26 PM..
Old 04-05-2020, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I imagine in those days to spend money on film crews and such led to the almost certainty of commercial release. Stevie was huge with her HBO special (Bella Donna) and her Red Rocks went to Showtime. VHS tapes of concerts sold like hot cakes in 1983 and 1984. So I don't see them recording a concert just for fun or memories like Stevie does today. But today its easier with the roaming cameras, etc.
Also its circumstantial evidence but this concert footage is a pre-cursor to Red Rocks. In 1983 it would have been insane to reshoot close ups because of how bad Stevie looked. They came up with a quick fix to her look. She looks great but is high as a kite.

I saw this tour in Pittsburgh and she was so out of it. The concert was recently added to youtube so I could relive my memories and I think I know why it was so bad. The night before she and Joe played Philly. She does a pretty good job but the next night of staying up all night with Joe led to a disaster show. I remember hearing Joe Walsh on the radio from the arena on the way to the show and he was drunk as a skunk. Waddy did not sing leather and lace when I saw them. She made it a solo song.

What is your opinion? Is Elaine a prop? I believe so and that is another reason I believe this concert was planned to be a commercial release.
I really like HBO special, MINUS that damned bass player, doing the funky chicken - or whatever you call it, with his head during the entire show. Dude, YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT DOING THAT!

I've never seen Red Rocks. Someone gave it to my on VHS, not too long ago, but.......VHS.

There's some really embarrassing video of Joe, back in the day. The History of the Eagles even has some of it on it. Drunker than a skunk, trying to do interviews.

The Waddy on L&L....maybe I'm thinking of videos I've seen on YouTube? 1983 is a damned long time to remember details! I still have my Wild Heart T-shirt(I hate admitting this stuff, because it makes me sound like a fanboy!).
Old 04-05-2020, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You may be thinking of Waddy on SDMHA.

Also this footage may just be from the venue's Diamond Vision (big screen) feed. It doesn't show the band as one would expect an official release would.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Elaine was planned because all the little one could say was her name. A planned kid would have said more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Also this footage may just be from the venue's Diamond Vision (big screen) feed. It doesn't show the band as one would expect an official release would.
You're probably right.

I'm kinda remembering that I learned back then this video was not an official release. It was common for the Capitol Center to record every band that played in their venue. In the bootleg circles back in the 70's and 80's many different bands fans offered concerts that were recorded there professionally.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
You may be thinking of Waddy on SDMHA.

Perhaps. It's been quite a while since I watched it. I might watch it in a bit(just started a Hall and Oates concert).

I think it would be hard to call that video "pro shot". I guess it's okay, but they definitely were going with a budget company!
Old 04-06-2020, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Wild Heart tour demonstrated publicly Stevie's addiction because for the first time it was affecting her live shows. She was already an addict but having Joe Walsh as your boyfriend and touring together was gasoline on the fire. If you remember Stevie's Behind the Music from around 1999 there was a promo that was actually cut from the actual show. It was Fishkin saying "near overdoses on the road."
I remember the Wild Heart tour stories thread and there were some funny stories. The difference from 1986 RAL was that Stevie was still holding her look together using every bit of her sex appeal as a cover. By 1986 that was harder to do thus she had to lip sync her recorded Red Rocks close ups.
It was sad but I actually really enjoy this era because she talked like a Valley Girl high on coke. Most times many had no idea what she was talking about because she was combining 4 thoughts at the same time.
I love how on this show she says how "bummed" she was when people were yelling Bruce and she thought they were booing.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-06-2020 at 05:34 AM..
Old 04-06-2020, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like most of you, I've seen a lot of this footage, and I love this show. I miss the days when we saw Stevie at her most vulnerable, spontaneous, and appreciative of her fans and her career. "Beauty and the Beast" from this show is one of my favorite renditions of that song. I also like Red Rocks a lot. After that, things were often very cringe-worthy--even for a big fan like myself.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some really crazy stuff happened during the tour. The infamous Prince sleepover on his kitchen floor thus inspiring the song Thousand Days. Stevie started the tour walking out on her new husband and hit the road with her boyfriend Joe Walsh. During the Denver stop, Joe takes her to the grave of his daughter and inspires Stevie to write HAWAFY.
Stevie meets Marilyn Martin during the tour because she is a back up singer to Joe's band. She sings back up for Stevie to this day. Her dad introduced her for several weeks during the beginning but then went home. Her last tour with Benmont Tench.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Some really crazy stuff happened during the tour. The infamous Prince sleepover on his kitchen floor thus inspiring the song Thousand Days. Stevie started the tour walking out on her new husband and hit the road with her boyfriend Joe Walsh. During the Denver stop, Joe takes her to the grave of his daughter and inspires Stevie to write HAWAFY.
Stevie meets Marilyn Martin during the tour because she is a back up singer to Joe's band. She sings back up for Stevie to this day. Her dad introduced her for several weeks during the beginning but then went home. Her last tour with Benmont Tench.
Was Thousand Days written right after that incident at Princes house? I know some of the lyrics are about the kitchen floor incident, but I think she really wrote it right after she “last” saw him at the Purple Rain premiere in July 1984 (?) it’s one youtube (of course) you see Prince walk into the premiere on the red carpet at Mann’s Chinese Theater after all the other celebrities, he is the last to arrive, and then very very quickly Stevie and Rebecca Galverez (?) and another woman with Stevie walk through right after him. Stevie has this look on her face as if she’s been crying or she’s hurt but is trying to hide it behind a smile..
Old 04-11-2020, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnwndrs View Post
Was Thousand Days written right after that incident at Princes house? I know some of the lyrics are about the kitchen floor incident, but I think she really wrote it right after she “last” saw him at the Purple Rain premiere in July 1984 (?) it’s one youtube (of course) you see Prince walk into the premiere on the red carpet at Mann’s Chinese Theater after all the other celebrities, he is the last to arrive, and then very very quickly Stevie and Rebecca Galverez (?) and another woman with Stevie walk through right after him. Stevie has this look on her face as if she’s been crying or she’s hurt but is trying to hide it behind a smile..
You are probably right. Although it could be a combination of both events. When did he drag her up the stairs last? LOL
Old 04-11-2020, 09:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
You are probably right. Although it could be a combination of both events. When did he drag her up the stairs last? LOL
It probably is a summarization if both those events, like you said. Stevie was so messed up on drugs and alcohol by that point, even SHE probably doesn’t even know how long that drag up the stairs was....😆