Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart Without You - A Collection (that's love, baby)

I have a feeling there might be a few less BN related contributions here for yet another few days and, in light of that, decided now would be a good time to start collecting together all the Without You introductions (and performances) from this tour. I'll try and post one city's worth every day. I think I've found most of them but we'll see how we go. Feel free to add more videos or chime in and comment on anything as I go.

I'll embed all the YouTube clips, unless I couldn't find them again (I re-name when I download so relocating clips can be difficult). However, I'll also include a mediafire download for all the introductions just in case you can't be bothered or don't know how to download straight from YouTube and want a permanent copy...

Oh, and I'm also not using the American dating method because it messes with my head. So, dates for gigs will be set out as Day/Month instead of Month/Day. Onwards and upwards!

_

04/04/2013 - Columbus

Songs

Intros/Songs

Downloads

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/1p...bus_(6.05).mp4 [06.05 minutes, 13 MB]
2. http://www.mediafire.com/download/fi...bus_(6.02).mp4 [06.02 minutes, 23 MB]

What Was Said

S: ...on YouTube, because that’s where we found it in 2010

S: In my show I get to talk a lot; in this show, not so much!

S: ...which was really why he asked Lindsey first, and me, because we were a package deal, secondly, to join Fleetwood Mac

S: This is also, probably, the nicest words that I ever wrote about the two of us and I’m very proud of it because it really does tell you what an amazing time we had during that time and what a blast Lindsey and I had growing up together in San Francisco and Los Angeles and it was a beautiful thing

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
S: This is also, probably, the nicest words that I ever wrote about the two of us and I’m very proud of it because it really does tell you what an amazing time we had during that time and what a blast Lindsey and I had growing up together in San Francisco and Los Angeles and it was a beautiful thing
at the end of the show, when Lindsey was introducing Say Goodbye, he quoted this and joked how telling it is that she says the nicest words she ever wrote about him were in early 1970s... or something like that. i'm sure yo can find it on youtube.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
at the end of the show, when Lindsey was introducing Say Goodbye, he quoted this and joked how telling it is that she says the nicest words she ever wrote about him were in early 1970s... or something like that. i'm sure yo can find it on youtube.
Yep, tres amusing. There, there, Lindsey. I liked how he later in the tour began talking about these two songs as 'mates' of one another

http://youtu.be/-FhNiLKX970

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Those two. <3

Lindsey can sing this song as often as he pleases.
In the end... he'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves him.
Ha.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is lovely Nicole. I wanted to do something similar, but I was lazy. I wish I had done it all along, because going backwards to do it is a daunting task.

Michele
Old 11-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

06/04/2013 - Philadelphia

Intros/Songs

Downloads

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/pz...hia_(5.21).mp4 [05.21 minutes, 19MB]
2. http://www.mediafire.com/download/tg...hia_(5.29).mp4 [05.29 minutes, 25MB]

What Was Said

S: And then, in 2010, we found it on, yes! YouTube!

S: And of course we know this song like we’ve been singing it for 100 years because I think we probably did sing it for a solid year

S: It’s the nicest thing that I ever wrote about he and I and our relationship. And because everything is really, we’re really good friends now and things are going really beautifully for us, it’s a chance for us to show you something that came from when we were very young and very close and very in love and our relationship was fantastic

Old 11-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

18/04/2013 - Boston

Song / Intro

???

20/04/2013 - Uncasville

Intro / Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/xu...lle_(5.44).mp4 [05.44 minutes, 14 MB]

What Was Said

S: Even though I hate computers, in this one case I am so happy that somebody put it down because otherwise it would've been lost forever. And it really is the story of Lindsey and I in the very beginning when everything was great and we were crazy and in love and nuts and beautiful. It was all, y'know.

S: This song really kind of tells it all, why Mick Fleetwood asked us to join Fleetwood Mac so. It was a very, very, very big deal. So it's called - *looks to Lindsey* I know, I'm rambling - it's called Without You.

Last edited by nicole21290; 11-07-2013 at 07:51 AM..
Old 11-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I love this thread. Just appreciating the hard work you've put into documenting this part of the tour, Nicole. It's really special to have it all archived.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

23/04/2013 - Ottawa

Song

Intro

???

24/04/2013 - Newark

Intro/Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/4f...ark_(7.00).mp4 [07.00 minutes, 33 MB]

What Was Said

S: So anyway, this is the nicest – Are you there, Lindsey? I don’t see you. Aha, there you are, you devil! You’re hiding from me – Anyway, so Lindsey and I both agree that this is the nicest, most beautiful song ever written and I have to give you some credit because you did put it together and produce it and make it into a song. All I did was write the little poem and play the little Landslide thing that I do on every single song I write. He is the one who takes it and makes it into something really beautiful. So the song itself was a really pretty poem about how amazing our relationship was and how much fun we were having, how crazy, you know, we were in love, we were young, it was fantastic.

S: So we found it, I brought it to Lindsey and said ‘Listen to this’. And he listens to it and we’re both ‘we know this song’ and we know it so well we don’t even have to practice it.

S: These were the voices and the phrasings that attracted him to us – besides Lindsey’s fantastic guitar playing; they needed that – but on the other side of that, the voices and the phrasing was what he really loved when he heard us. So, um, thank you Mick, so much, for pulling me away from being a waitress. *to Lindsey* He did.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this thread. I know how much work goes into this so I wanted to thank you. Have we figured out yet in which city Lindsey says, "no wait! What FM was looking for was a great guitar player. Not another girl singer?"
Old 11-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I love this thread. I know how much work goes into this so I wanted to thank you. Have we figured out yet in which city Lindsey says, "no wait! What FM was looking for was a great guitar player. Not another girl singer?"
Great question! I've wondered that too.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I doubt that he said that. Maybe he said that to her off stage. I know she said he said it in front of thousands of people, but if we didn't have the video, we'd have had the contemporaneous review from someone in attendance.

When I say contemporaneous, I am sure there are people who will remember it was said after the fact, but I don't really trust those belated recollections, coming after Stevie has talked about it. We would have read about it at the time.

Michele
Old 11-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he never said it on stage, at least not on this tour. Mick said something like that in New Orleans, i believe.

SN tried to make LB say it in Glasgow but he wouldn't bite.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he never said it on stage, at least not on this tour. Mick said something like that in New Orleans, i believe.

SN tried to make LB say it in Glasgow but he wouldn't bite.
Well we don't really know because we don't have full videos of every WY introduction.I can't imagine why Stevie would include that in her speech if she was making it up?
Old 11-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well we don't really know because we don't have full videos of every WY introduction.I can't imagine why Stevie would include that in her speech if she was making it up?
hm, i seem to recall NOLA was identified as the place where he supposedly said it, and we do have WY intro from there, with Mick saying something like it.

but may have been just a speculation on these boards, because of the audience size that would fit (which was by far the largest compared to all other venues on this tour). although guess we should know better considering how accurate with numbers members of the mac usually are.