The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So please don't take this like I literally would attempt to go after the woman or anything, but really my first thought when reading the title of this thread, was:

She probably could die, then she'd get the sympathy vote at least, most likely.
De mortuis nihil nisi bonum and all that.

Is that bad of me?

Old 02-28-2019, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
So please don't take this like I literally would attempt to go after the woman or anything, but really my first thought when reading the title of this thread, was:

She probably could die, then she'd get the sympathy vote at least, most likely.
De mortuis nihil nisi bonum and all that.

Is that bad of me?
I applaud your willingness to say it.

Some things seem to be, whether true or not, out of bounds to discuss. This, and her 4? abortions. I'm still not certain why those are off limits. I mean, the truth should never be illegal to discuss, right? But people go into cardiac arrest when the latter is discussed...

And now, you drop this bomb...

Kudos...kudos.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have said it before and would bet money on it.. That old harridan will outlive the rest of the Rumours 5 and handily.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I have said it before and would bet money on it.. That old harridan will outlive the rest of the Rumours 5 and handily.
Only the good die young. $he'll live to see 200. Maybe 300.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Oh, I’m sure she will be the one to close the door and blow off the candles. I have known this even before Lindsey’s heart attack.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Is there anything she can do? She’s refused to record a new album, had Lindsey kicked out, has become a dictator...

Could anything redeem her in her lost fan base and Fleetwood Mac’s fanbase? The question needs to be asked.

Personally, I think she needs to show some humility. That might help. She seems like a taker and I think she needs to start giving, without wanting anything in return.
ROFL that this board (and even her board now) is still crying over mean old big bad Stevie and “poor” innocent Lindsey. I haven’t logged on for months and you people are carrying on as much as you say Stevie does, and your bitterness mirrors her supposed bitterness. Pure comedy.

She doesn’t have to do a single thing to win back a fan. Don’t want to support her and/or the current Fleetwood Mac line-up, then don’t. Want to support her and/or the current FM line-up? Then do. Only want to support Lindsey? Then support him.

Easy. Done. Breathe.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
ROFL that this board (and even her board now) is still crying over mean old big bad Stevie and “poor” innocent Lindsey. I haven’t logged on for months and you people are carrying on as much as you say Stevie does, and your bitterness mirrors her supposed bitterness. Pure comedy.

She doesn’t have to do a single thing to win back a fan. Don’t want to support her and/or the current Fleetwood Mac line-up, then don’t. Want to support her and/or the current FM line-up? Then do. Only want to support Lindsey? Then support him.

Easy. Done. Breathe.
You missed one. Keep hating on Stevie, because she deserves it. Have sympathy on Lindsey, because he was way wronged. I pick that one.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You missed one. Keep hating on Stevie, because she deserves it. Have sympathy on Lindsey, because he was way wronged. I pick that one.
There will always be $tevie drones, who do nothing but drink her pissy Kool-aid.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course you, dear.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
There will always be $tevie drones, who do nothing but drink her pissy Kool-aid.
You just gotta love the ones that come back just to say they still belong to Stevie’s cult.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-01-2019, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You just gotta love the ones that come back just to say they still belong to Stevie’s cult.
Well, I was curious to see if anything had changed. Glad to see you are still a member of YOUR cult too. Enjoy!
Old 03-02-2019, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's certainly no accounting for taste!
Old 03-02-2019, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I was curious to see if anything had changed. Glad to see you are still a member of YOUR cult too. Enjoy!
Haha! Really? If Lindsey had fired Stevie and had given her a heart attack, I would never defend him. That’s the difference between being in a cult and being just a fan. No matter what she does, you all still defend her and think she’s the most fantastic person in the world. You’re all thrilled she finally gave him and his family what they deserved after all this years.

I’d be hiding under a rock instead of parading my love for her.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha! Really? If Lindsey had fired Stevie and had given her a heart attack, I would never defend him. That’s the difference between being in a cult and being just a fan. No matter what she does, you all still defend her and think she’s the most fantastic person in the world. You’re all thrilled she finally gave him and his family what they deserved after all this years.

I’d be hiding under a rock instead of parading my love for her.
I seriously doubt all of what you said. You worship him the same way you say Stevie fans worship her. God forbid she had a heart attack. You and your crew would have a field day blaming her because of her past drug use, weight, you name it. And some of you would have done this whether Lindsey had been fired or not.

And for the record, I have never once thought or said Stevie was the most fantastic person in the world. The idea is LAUGHABLE that anyone in this band, or any musician, would get that honor. You are generalizing, throwing all people who like Stevie into one group so you can insult them.

True, I am not one bit sorry he got fired at this point. His own actions contributed. This is the part YOUR cult does not understand; that they didn’t suddenly decide to do this. HE contributed to his own ousting. And you will no doubt start arguing again, but that is fine. In the grand scheme of things your personal opinion means as little as mine does.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I seriously doubt all of what you said. You worship him the same way you say Stevie fans worship her. God forbid she had a heart attack. You and your crew would have a field day blaming her because of her past drug use, weight, you name it. And some of you would have done this whether Lindsey had been fired or not.

And for the record, I have never once thought or said Stevie was the most fantastic person in the world. The idea is LAUGHABLE that anyone in this band, or any musician, would get that honor. You are generalizing, throwing all people who like Stevie into one group so you can insult them.

True, I am not one bit sorry he got fired at this point. His own actions contributed. This is the part YOUR cult does not understand; that they didn’t suddenly decide to do this. HE contributed to his own ousting. And you will no doubt start arguing again, but that is fine. In the grand scheme of things your personal opinion means as little as mine does.

That isn't true though. I was a die hard SN fan for years and defended her over and over. I eventually started getting into the solo works of other members of FM past and present. That is the big difference allot of people who claim to be FM fans are really just SN fans. They have likely never owned and or never seen a FM concert without her in the band and likely have never seen a solo show by any other member. They also rarely if ever said two words about people like Peter Green and Bob Welch and now because they are or were doing some of their FM material they are gushing like they were always a fan of that era and owned the cd's.

This comment about them not deciding to just suddenly fire him is BS. The Buckingham McVie recording sessions were just fine. Not one person said anything bad about the sessions. In my opinion Stevie wanted MC in the band for whatever reason. I understand that Tom's death hit her hard but she isn't the only person who lost him that day. His wife and kids lost him, allot of longtime fans lost someone they respected and admired (Me being one of them). This pity party she has going on over his death is frankly a bit much.

I don't believe there are any Lindsey fans on here that think he is perfect. Most of us have said numerous times that we are well aware of his bad behavior from over the years, but that also goes for EVERY other FM member. Allot of the SN fans seem to have an excuse for every time she delayed a tour and or album and or quote outright lies from books like Storms and GDW? Most Lindsey fans have openly admitted to his bad behaviors but we all know under the influence of drugs and alcohol etc members can and did some pretty stupid things. The difference is some of us can see that while others only see his bad behavior as something that shouldn't be ignored while excusing hers time and again.

I am curious as to what it is you think he did to deserve getting fired? The tour delay???? SN demanded a year in 2012 to tour and they didn't sack her. The abuse ???? SN launched herself across a room and attacked him in 87 why wasn't she sacked for that (Never mind she was barely there for the recording sessions). Everyone loves to tell that story about how he grabbed her by the throat but always leave out the part I mentioned above.

She has also said some pretty mean and or stupid things about him in interviews over the years like calling him MR Useless etc. I don't hate SN but I also don't love Lindsey. I respect their talents as artists and such but because I know how badly they abused drugs and what effects it had I have never had anyone's feet to the fire more then anyone else.

If SN had a heart attack I would be just as upset as I am over Lindsey. Regardless of how I feel about her now I wouldn't wish harm to her under any circumstances.