User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I disagree about her being in her vocal prime. I think by the Mirage tour, at least as evidenced by the concert video, her voice was a mess. She definitely sounded better on the Tusk tour and even better on the Rumours tour.
some people just love her raggedy voice during this time-- she'd lost her high end from the Rumours days for sure and couldn't do the quieter stuff nearly as well as even on Tusk but some folks really love that coked-out raspy voice-- I can see it sorta. She could still hit some highs and some lows and she still sounded like her former voice, just more washed out and whispery on the quieter or higher notes but she could still fiercely belt out the rockers-- and coupled with her hair and her behavior during this time it was quite impressive to watch. Nowadays she's so tame and reined in onstage people miss the passion she had then.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:56 AM

I'm very amazed by the number of people that refers to Tusk as one of the better periods for Stevie's voice.
She was over-using her voice and it shows, apart from a few exception. She often sounded strained, uneven and sometimes even off-key, in an fashion that continued from the 1978 tour. She got better but then was a bit flat and guttural in a way that evidently wasn't comfortable to her natural range.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:01 AM

This is my favorite Stevie period. from FMac to Wild Heart and Mirage included. I just love the tone of her voice.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I got mine through Columbia House, one of those 10 for a penny deals. I'm not sure if it was available in brick and mortar stores. I think the vinyl for Timespace was only available through Columbia House too. They seemed to have some exclusive releases.

There's one on eBay if you're interested.

This one looks like mine. Most of the Columbia House releases had generic sleeves.
That's funny, because I hadn't thought of that. Because I joined the "other" 10 for a penny place, RCA(later it became BMG?) in 1982, and ordered all cassettes(can't remember now if 8-tracks were even an option). But I NOW remember that that's when I made the jump from 8-track to cassette, was 1982.

Let's say I was 2yo in 1982. Yeah, that's it. I was 2.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Looking forward to this boxset!

And if we are really lucky, maybe they will include 10 demo versions of the same Lindsey song and not bother with all those other Stevie and Christine demos. lol

Old 04-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod~A~Little View Post

And if we are really lucky, maybe they will include 10 demo versions of the same Lindsey song and not bother with all those other Stevie and Christine demos. lol

Let's hope not!! If I wanted a Lindsey solo album, I'd go buy one!

The highlight of the Tusk boxset was without question Yesterday's Tears... Would love some exciting truly new material like that.

For the most part I could take or leave alternate takes and demos, unless they are radically different from what appeared on the album.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod~A~Little View Post

Yep!!! 10 demos of Empire State" or "Oh Diane" maybe both just like all the same LB demos from the Tusk set...
Old 04-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I wonder if the reason for the multiple versions of Lindey's tracks on the deluxe Sets is that maybe Lindsey is more into giving permission to include that stuff than Chrustine or Stevie are? For Stevie, especially, I could see her not wanting to distribute her "practice" versions any more than they already are out there. A part of trying to control her image.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Ledgie

Hello, lilyfee!

'Yesterday's Tears'?
Old 04-05-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Yep!!! 10 demos of Empire State" or "Oh Diane" maybe both just like all the same LB demos from the Tusk set...
Haha! I would hang myself if they had 10 versions of Oh Diane...
Old 04-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
I wonder if the reason for the multiple versions of Lindey's tracks on the deluxe Sets is that maybe Lindsey is more into giving permission to include that stuff than Chrustine or Stevie are? For Stevie, especially, I could see her not wanting to distribute her "practice" versions any more than they already are out there. A part of trying to control her image.
This makes sense, but we did get that totally new take of Angel. You KNOW there is a Sara and Sisters out there other than the ones already released on the first "deluxe" version. That's my biggest pet peeve with the box- along with that KILLER Chain having Stevie's vocals turned down
Old 04-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Still have my 8-track tape of Mirage
I have my original cassette tape of Mirage, which features a mix of Straight Back that is notably different from the album track, with the vocal phrase "hours and hours of waiting for you - so strong and so fleeting" being much more prominent.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I have my original cassette tape of Mirage, which features a mix of Straight Back that is notably different from the album track, with the vocal phrase "hours and hours of waiting for you - so strong and so fleeting" being much more prominent.
I honestly remember that!! that version was so cool
Old 04-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I've got it, too. I always wondered why they remixed it for later versions.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm assuming the deluxe Tusk had good sales or they probably wouldn't be doing Mirage.

When do you guys think it will be released?