User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Oh, please. This is so easy to solve. The four of them just need to go in the studio and say to Stevie: "we're recording the album now, come along if you'd like, but if you don't feel up to it we'll finish it up without you."
Or let them record as a foursome. Then, they can record again when she has had time to have a life, enjoy her new house, enjoy her solo career and feels reinvigorated about FM. That can be their LAST album a few years from now and they can give us THIS album today.

I don't understand why they are so opposed against doing this. She hasn't left the band. She wants a rest. So, give us an album while she rests. I'd like to hear from Christine again. I've waited long enough.

Michele
Old 05-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
F U Stevie for not wanting to make the album after finally getting Chris back.
FU Lindsey for not trying to maybe be a little nicer to her.
I think he was being nicer to her, on stage and off, the whole time he was trying to cajole her into doing the album -- which started before Christine returned. That's why he never bluntly said she wouldn't commit to doing it until this interview. Now, he's over it.

Michele
Old 05-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing I'll point out is that this was conducted right before the last show of the previous leg. I wonder If Stevie's attitude has changed now that the've had over a month off. Maybe not, but asking someone about their future plans right before the end of a leg of a tour probably won't yeild a reliable answer.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Me too.

#FreeStevie
Right? Then she could tour for 24k and not have to re live the 70's and 80's drama which really seems to be grating on her.
I love Mick's idea to walk Hadrian's Wall. It looks like one of those spectacular once in a lifetime, bucket list things to do. http://www.visithadrianswall.co.uk/things-to-do/walking

Last edited by gldstwmn; 05-24-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Old 05-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't understand why they are so opposed against doing this. She hasn't left the band. She wants a rest. So, give us an album while she rests. I'd like to hear from Christine again. I've waited long enough.
1. They already tried the half member thing, and it didn't work. "You're either all in or you're out" was established as a result.

2. The problem with doing an album without her is that Stevie's hesitatation has more to do with touring at this point, and they are not going to release a new album without touring.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Right? Then she could tour for 24k and not have to re live the 70's and 80's drama which really seems to be grating on her.
It's amusing to me that she has never said it bothered her to talk about it before. Now, she has always said she doesn't like to relive those Klonopin years, but never said she didn't like talking about, say, 75-86 before. That was a new one.

I mean, I know when she looks at old interview clips on Youtube and can tell that she was high back then, I know she doesn't like it, but they haven't said that they get tired of rehashing the drama, which I would have expected them to say (and wish they WOULD have said) 30 years ago.

About this tour, it was ill-advised. Maybe it was good for Christine to get back on the horse and I certainly cherished seeing them all together. I also know that they only did the tour now, because Stevie wouldn't agree to doing an album first. But without an album, the timing of the tour, right after the last one, was atrocius and Stevie's complaints about that are valid.

Michele
Old 05-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Oh, no, Elle. Even though Stevie said it too. It's all a big charade to sell more albums.

Michele
Exactly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
1. They already tried the half member thing, and it didn't work. "You're either all in or you're out" was established as a result.

2. The problem with doing an album without her is that Stevie's hesitatation has more to do with touring at this point, and they are not going to release a new album without touring.
But resign themselves to the fact that it's going to be low key and they aren't going to tour on it (like Christine didn't tour on Meantime) and just do it for the love. Then, plan a big album and tour with Stevie for 2018 or something. And Christine and Lindsey can do new songs for that along with songs from Stevie. Just shelving the songs Christine and Lindsey have now, is so ridiculous to me and makes them look like -- well, not like artists, not like creative people with something new to say. Old, old-fashioned, scared. They don't want to do it without Stevie or without Warner Bros. or without arena tours, when doing so at this point wouldn't hurt their pocketbooks or their legacy going forward.

They have nothing to lose, but, seemingly, also have nothing to give.

Kills me.

Yes, Lindsey will probably do a solo tour, but that's not what I want.

Michele
Old 05-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, no, Elle. Even though Stevie said it too. It's all a big charade to sell more albums.
part of me agrees with this, because sometimes it seems like everything with this band is some shade of a charade... but then, she's pushing SEVENTY for cripes' sakes. Her mother died. I do think she has legitimately had some personal reflection about mortality, and life getting short, and decline and all that. She has become, seemingly, much more aware that the clock is ticking and her days of being able (and perhaps also willing) to do this on this scale are dwindling. It may be in part the grind of the tour taking its toll, and with proper rest she will relent. I also think part of it's the ongoing power struggle with Lindsey over who gets to call the shots.

Seems like she feels doing this tour was a huge compromise for her, that it's taken several years away from her doing her own thing, and she's just not happy about it (which takes us full circle back to the notion that there's not so much time left and she knows it). I think in typical Mac fashion it's turning into a whole "thing", but I get the sense that the kernel at the heart of it all is true... she's not happy and thus not willing to give anything more to them for the forseeable future post-tour. How long that turns out to be, But I agree totally with Chris et al, this power **** should have come to a far better resolution between S&L by now for F's sake.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm in complete agreement with those who are saying the Four should just record without Stevie. To my thinking that would make a better album, anyway. A normal group of musicians would just go ahead and make the album (jumping on the opportunity that Chris' return gives them), and think that there might be a chance to make another album in a couple of years when Stevie is ready. Too bad this group of individuals is so compelled to make high drama out of everything.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

I love me some Stevie, I really do....But I have to say that I'm getting so tired of the drama and discontent.

It's amazing to me how bad things seem to have gotten between Stevie and Lindsey again. What about the wonderful days they spent at Lindsey's house recording Extended Play? What about the long talk Stevie had with Lindsey? What about their commitment to once again being the "power couple"? What changed in the past two years?

At this point, I think the band should sit down with Stevie and just say to her in the nicest way possible, "We understand that you're tired; we understand that this tour became bigger than we expected; we realize this took you away from other projects. Clearly you're frustrated and unhappy and unclear about your future with this band. We want to make it easy for you, so all four of us have made the decision to move ahead with a new album once this tour is done. We're excited about the material and don't want it to go to waste sitting in some vault somewhere. We don't want you to participate, and we're not asking you to contribute. We're also freeing you up from any touring obligations that may follow. Enjoy your house, enjoy your vacation. You've been a major part of this band, but we're moving forward without you."

Let her go. Get into the studio and work your magic!

Can The Mac survive without Stevie? I say yes. Will a new album without her sell well? Do albums sell well anymore, anyway? Will they be able to sell out Madison Square Garden without Stevie? Probably not, but they could fill large theaters. To be honest, Stevie has added nothing new to their live shows in years. She sings the same songs every tour. I like Christine and I like Lindsey. If their creative spark and partnership has been reignited, I don't think they should be held back by Stevie's bad attitude.

It's sad that for so long Stevie bemoaned the fact that she didn't have Christine by her side anymore, yet now that she's back and excited and wanting to contribute something meaningful, Stevie is unwilling to commit. What a spoiled child.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I'm in complete agreement with those who are saying the Four should just record without Stevie. To my thinking that would make a better album, anyway. A normal group of musicians would just go ahead and make the album (jumping on the opportunity that Chris' return gives them), and think that there might be a chance to make another album in a couple of years when Stevie is ready. Too bad this group of individuals is so compelled to make high drama out of everything.
why are we talking in future tense?

they already did. they have album recorded and they just need to wrap it up and release it. they don't even need to go to the studio anymore, probably, if they would be willing to put the album out without Stevie.

there are just a few reasons i can think of why they are not:
1) greed
2) some kind of contractual obligation

these reasons are somewhat coming through in Mick's this is the last incarnation of FM, the 5. he's closing the door to the 4 there (or any possible replacements or reincarnations).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why are we talking in future tense?

they already did. they have album recorded and they just need to wrap it up and release it. they don't even need to go to the studio anymore, probably, if they would be willing to put the album out without Stevie.

there are just a few reasons i can think of why they are not:
1) greed
2) some kind of contractual obligation

these reasons are somewhat coming through in Mick's this is the last incarnation of FM, the 5. he's closing the door to the 4 there (or any possible replacements or reincarnations).
They haven't finished the songs they worked on together. There is still work to be done on them to bring them to completion. I think Christine said there were just rough vocals on them.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
They haven't finished the songs they worked on together. There is still work to be done on them to bring them to completion. I think Christine said there were just rough vocals on them.
lol yeah first they were finished back in mid 2014, then as SN not overcoming her reluctance any time soon became more and more clear, the songs became less and less finished with each interview. #regressing

Old 05-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie touring with 24 Carat Gold would get her probably 1/25 of the revenue she is getting for On With The Show.
In defense of her though, the Mac toured like dogs in 2013 thinking it would be their last tour for awhile. Then out of the blue they tour 2014 and 2015 like its Rumours all over again. Being tired after a long tour in 2013 to tour the insane On With The Show tour will have its breaking point. They have toured the world for 2 years in a row. There is going to be wear and tear for sure.
But I am sure she will come around and want to be part of the Mac's last album. If not, more songs for Christine is not a bad thing