The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

I live in New Orleans and I have been attending JazzFest and camping out at the back of the ACURA stage for the last 7 years or so...and yes everything is tightly controlled, but if you are the headlining last act, they are not gonna just pull you off at 7...I remember Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers played a little longer than what the schedule said..I think they got on stage a little earlier and/or finished a little after 7...I think we could see a shortened setlist...or maybe not...just so happy to see them playing Jazzfest...it is a dream come true! I am anticipating that the crowds will be heavy the way they were for The Eagles/Bon Jovi/ and Tom Petty....all drew HUGE crowds to the ACURA stage...
Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy333 View Post
I live in New Orleans and I have been attending JazzFest and camping out at the back of the ACURA stage for the last 7 years or so...and yes everything is tightly controlled, but if you are the headlining last act, they are not gonna just pull you off at 7...I remember Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers played a little longer than what the schedule said..I think they got on stage a little earlier and/or finished a little after 7...I think we could see a shortened setlist...or maybe not...just so happy to see them playing Jazzfest...it is a dream come true! I am anticipating that the crowds will be heavy the way they were for The Eagles/Bon Jovi/ and Tom Petty....all drew HUGE crowds to the ACURA stage...
Do you stay in the SRO section or the chair section? Trying to figure out how early to get to that stage!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Camping out at the back of the Acura stage? Details!? When do you go out there, early in am? I want to make sure we are right in the front.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

I have a friend who works for JazzFest so we can get in early...the reason why I camp out at the back of the Acura Stage is because, as you know if you have attended... it is a huge field that fills up fast...I had my ankle rebuilt a few years ago and once the crowd is in place it would be difficult going back and forth over a sea of people to get food or beer/water or to get to the port o lets...by camping in the back I dont have too many bodies to weave around and step over to get back and forth...for Bon Jovi and The Eagles and Tom Petty, the crowd went beyond the actual field and onto the dirt road in front of the port o lets...and even if you are in the back you can see great with the HUGE screens that are in place...I anticipate a huge crowd that day....it would be great to meet some of ya'll that are attending...always love to meet other fans
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

http://http://mickieszoo.blogspot.co...on-axs-tv.html

"New Orleans Jazz Fest to air on AXS TV May 3-5
AXS TV continues to showcase its commitment to LIVE music with a celebration of Americana music and New Orleans culture via a new partnership with the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell. The network will broadcast live throughout the 7-day festival from April 26 thru May 5, 2013 including live segments in its nightly program AXSLive and with continuous LIVE festival, concert and event coverage from Friday, May 3 through Sunday, May 5, 2013."

I had better set my DVR in case Fleetwood Mac is one of the performances AXS airs on May 4th!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Could Stevie add a Fleetwood Mac version of "New Orleans" to the set list for a one-off......I would love to hear the tune with a mellow horn section.
They could also use a horn section for Tusk! There will surely be many horn players at hand, so perhaps they can recruit a few.
It would be great to hear the Lindsey/Fleetwood Mac take on "New Orleans."

Last edited by PenguinHead; 04-15-2013 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

I have been wondering the same things...if Fleetwood Mac will do the song "New Orleans" on this date...also thought about horns for Tusk...also wondering how the stage setup will change for this outdoor venue....
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have been wondering the same things...if Fleetwood Mac will do the song "New Orleans" on this date...also thought about horns for Tusk...also wondering how the stage setup will change for this outdoor venue....
Even tho I don't want anything dropped and I don't really care to hear NO (song) I think it is appropriate and I would welcome it. I'm ecstatic at the thought of horns for Tusk....No way they will drop that one.

In fact I would be totally cool with a full set of Rock/Jazz/Blues set for this show. My secret desire was Chris to join them and play a lot of the old classics, but I will be grateful for what FM delivers.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to her Fleetwood Mac do New Orleans. I think Mick and John would do an awesome job with the sublimeness of it.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I'd love to her Fleetwood Mac do New Orleans. I think Mick and John would do an awesome job with the sublimeness of it.
well, it is Neale's song; considering he's in the band...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Who knows?...I think it is possible they could do New Orleans....I was there when Stevie performed it live in New Orleans for the first time at the AARP Concert with Gladys Knight and Melissa Etheridge...the crowd LOVED it!!!! And she did it well....I believe it is on YOUTUBE...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who knows?...I think it is possible they could do New Orleans....I was there when Stevie performed it live in New Orleans for the first time at the AARP Concert with Gladys Knight and Melissa Etheridge...the crowd LOVED it!!!! And she did it well....I believe it is on YOUTUBE...
It was the only time she's performed it live. The audience reaction was so incredibly positive. I have 2 different live recordings of it and was blown away by the audience response she got. It was as if she had just played Landslide or something similar. NO is also my favorite song on IYD. I fell in love with it the moment I heard her sing the acapella version to the NO crowd on the unleashed tour.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

I heard the acapella version at the UNLEASHED tour also VIVFOX...she has only performed it in New Orleans....will u be there at Jazzfest for Fleetwood Mac?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac @ New Orleans Jazz Fest May 4

Someone just shared this post with me on Facebook. I'm not entirely sure what it's about???

Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Battle of the BandsFrank vs. Fleetwood vs. Phoenix is no competition at Jazz Fest

Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 Thu Apr 25, 2013, Kaci Yoder

http://www.lsureveille.com/entertain...9bb30f31a.html

As Jazz Fest approaches, the big talk has been the scheduling conflicts among Frank Ocean, Fleetwood Mac and Phoenix, all of whom will take the stage at the same time May 4. Personally, I don’t get what people are so torn up about.

I don’t think I’d be caught dead anywhere but at Frank Ocean’s set, but that’s just me. I realize not every Jazz Fest attendee spent the summer of 2012 listening to “Channel Orange” on repeat for hours and crying into their bathwater over “Bad Religion.” I’m less than neutral on the issue.

I can excuse choosing Fleetwood Mac over Frank Ocean. After all, Fleetwood Mac is classic, and Stevie Nicks is one of those legends who may not be around much longer, so it makes sense some people want to see that show most. I’ll admit I was planning on catching that set before the full schedule was announced, and I was disappointed I’d have to miss it. But I never considered dropping Frank Ocean for it.

Maybe you have a major emotional attachment to Fleetwood. Maybe your mom played “Landslide” for you when you were a kid. Maybe you lost your virginity to “Edge of Seventeen.” I don’t know. I’m not going to begrudge anyone their sentimentality. Go see Fleetwood Mac if it’s important to you. I don’t agree with you, but I understand.

But if you’re one of the people who legitimately wants to see Phoenix when both Frank and Fleetwood are also available, I don’t know what to say to you. I get that some people love Phoenix and have been listening to it since their awkward adolescent days. I get that Phoenix delivers a fun show. A lot of people come to Jazz Fest to chill with friends and listen to music, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

But, really? You have the choice of Rock and Roll Hall of Famers or one of the hottest, most influential rising talents of the past year, and you pick Phoenix? Does it actually bring anything special to the table? No matter how much you love Phoenix, you could catch the band any other time, and the experience would probably be exactly the same. Is that worth missing out on the most powerful set of the festival?

Frank Ocean had not only the best but the most important album of 2012, and while he’s definitely going to be around a while, I doubt there will ever be a more exciting point in his career to catch him live than right now. Just take a minute and imagine the chills that are going to come over the crowd when New Orleans’ most unlikely golden boy strikes up the first notes of “Bad Religion” in his homecoming set. You want to miss that?

I’ll let it slide if you pick Fleetwood over Frank, but Phoenix? I mean, OK. More room at Frank Ocean’s stage. I guess somebody’s got to take one for the team.