The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 PM

Christine retired and received quite the backlash. (Mostly from Lindsey)
Stevie is now getting the same pressure.

I feel if Stevie wants to tour with Rod and do her own thing, then I think at this point in her career she deserves to do whatever the hell she wants.
SHE HAS EARNED IT.

Honestly, I think Fleetwood Mac sucks since SYW.

I very much like both Linsdey and Stevie's solo work. Stevie's voice bothers me a little, but her album had some very cool tunes. I listened to it 3 times back to back to back..

I agree w/ Chili in the sense that... hey if you really want to tour.. it's your band.. put one together and call it a day...
Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If I were a European fan at this point, I wouldn't wait for Stevie or Fleetwood to come to me. I'd go to them if I ever expected to see them play again. You said as much yourself, above. They are old. With every passing year, it's probably getting less & less likely that they're going to travel overseas to play.
You're right, man.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say let her continue to do whatever she wants if she wants to continue touring and promoting and riding out the In Your Dreams era chapter of her life. That woman through the years has stopped and halted her solo tours and plans to run back to Fleetwood Mac and be loyal so it's about time she gets to do what she wants without feeling guilt. What's another year? FM can wait. And like fans have said, I'm sure most would rather her tour in support of new music than to hear yet another Greatest Hits tour from FM. Mick needs to just chill for awhile. Stevie will get around to FM soon enough.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
There was a Fleetwood Mac BEFORE Stevie Nicks, there was a Fleetwood Mac WITHOUT Stevie Nicks. Maybe it's time to permanently kick her to the curb and get people who WANT to be in Fleetwood Mac.

It's not like Fleetwood Mac is keeping her from an income. However, the opposite is possibly true. Mick's not taking Fleetwood Mac on the road because she doesn't want to? Hell with her...make an album & go on the road with just the guys. It'd probably be a whole lot more fun without the PBFH pouting & throwing tantrums.
God I'd love to buy you a beer.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie's stringing them along, then Mick has a point. It's really not fair to the band if she's agreeing to tour and then changing her mind to support an album that was a bomb. It's really not fair to guys like Neale and Brett, if not Mick and John, to constantly have to make alternate arrangements.

At this point, I think it may be time to either pull the plug on Fleetwood Mac altogether or bring in a new girl, but only if they commit to it, as in making a few more albums. (For some reason, Cyndi Lauper seems like a good fit.)
Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I guess I have the lone opinion of at least sympathizing with Mick (to a degree). Mick, John, and Lindsey all depend on Fleetwood Mac tours for their livelihoods. They all have families & children to support, unlike Stevie. Even if Stevie is avoiding Fleetwood Mac as a vendetta against Lindsey, she's hurting John & Mick by default.

That being said, I totally understand why she's not giving the Mac the time of day currently. I eject anyone & anything from my life that drags me down & impedes my happiness. If Fleetwood Mac does that to Stevie (which it clearly does), then I can totally sympathize with her decision to avoid the band. She's too old for that kind of nonsense. She needs to enjoy her golden years & has certainly earned the right do spend them however she pleases.

As a side note: if all Fleetwood Mac is doing from here out is oldies tours, I'm not interested & could see why Stevie wouldn't really be either. She's clearly had the time of her life recording her latest solo album, and she's in a creative mood. Why get drug back into the corporate concert machine?
Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
if Stevie is avoiding Fleetwood Mac as a vendetta against Lindsey
Old 03-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has earned the right to do whatever she wants & makes her happy at this stage in her career AND life! Am I euphoric about the Rod Stewart/H&S continuing? No. But, I would much rather see Stevie happy at this point, and playing her solid & great new songs along with her classics than doing another Greatest Hits "Unleashed" type tour slapped together and called a reunion! Screw FM! "In Your Dreams" is Stevie's best work in decades & is not even a year old yet! Will it sell a gazillion more copies? No, of course not, but that is not the point. Even if she just sells 50K more copies, she is pushing a record that she strongly believes in, and that is her prerogative. It simply does not matter anymore to have a mainstream hit. Stevie didn't pander to trends with this record. She made a classic sounding & SOLID record for the ages. One in which the majority of her hardcore fans (her harshest critics) simply ADORE!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenByTheSky23 View Post
Agreed. I love you, Mick, but get a grip on reality. No new music since 2003. Diehards like us on here loved and didn't love certain things about the album, but overall is was the anticipation of the first brand new music since The Dance in 1997 that drove that tour. And we were thrilled. We were excited beyond words. Remember hearing the small snips of new tracks on the FM website back in early 2003? The track Say You Will was used as a promo for that 70's Show before we had the actual track, and I remember converting the commercial to mp3 and playing the bones out of it...because it was all so exciting and new. Unleashed in 2009 was all fine and good...we went to the shows and we loved it...but to tour again so soon without any new music is like beating a dead horse. I, for one, see and will see Fleetwood Mac whenever they come to Toronto. I'm happy hearing them play the standards and the stuff that made us love them - but to a degree. FM touring again so soon without a new album is not keeping your visibility fresh...it is making it quite stale, actually. You have to give people something to look forward to and care about. People that don't care about the new music will go to the shows anyway and have a pee or grab a drink while the new stuff plays, and the rest of us will go and sit through and love every minute of the shows. But I know that there are hardcore fans that refuse to see them again without new music. And with Christine gone,l the more reason to record again and keep things fresh. Great bands reinvent themselves. FM has been stellar for that up until recently.

Stevie, go and get your tour on (even if it is with Rusty Rod) and beat the s*** out of that record if you have to - you deserve it. Maybe Stevie, like the fans, wants something new and fresh to look forward to as well, and isn't crazy about touring with the same troop playing the same songs. She finally has something new on the go. Fleetwood Mac just shouldn't tour again until they record some new stuff.

And if they never record again, they'll all still be kicking in 2013 or 2014 - have a reunion tour then. You cant call it a reunion tour if you were all onstage together just three years ago. What's new about that?!?

Apologies for the epic, there.

No apologies necessary. It was said perfectly. Mic needs to save his money, buy a trailer and move to Florida. Mama can tour with Rod, Tom, Don, Peter , Paul and Mary if she wants to. She's happy on these tours but she looks like she's just going through the motions on the FM tours. If she should decide to tour again Stevie should sit those boys down (lindsey Mic and John) and tell them how SHE wants it to go down. She holds the power and she no longer needs to babysit Lindsey and his ego.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Amen, Ed. I agree with this whole-heartedly. Life is way too short to spend it being anything but happy and free. I do enjoy seeing Fleetwood Mac, but honestly, without new music, what's the point?
love popping up on here and reading inevitable conclusions how it always must be lindsey's fault in the end, even if what he says and does is completely opposite to the conclusions drawn.

i don'd begrudge you all looking at the world through a"chiffon filter" - whatever makes a person happy is all good with me . what i dislike to read is limitless lindsey bashing.

so, whose fault is it that there's no new FM music?!?!?! certainly not mick's. there are 2 songwriters currently in FM and one of them has been saying since unleashed that he wants to record new FM album.

and how is stevie creating NEW music? did you all read who wrote (almost exclusively!) new music on IYD? Dave Stewart (most of it), plus Mike Campbell, Neale Haywood... all music stevie wrote on that album is from like 20-30 years ago... other then SA:

No. Title Lyrics Music Length
1. "Secret Love" Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 3:15
2. "For What It's Worth" Stevie Nicks Michael Campbell 4:32
3. "In Your Dreams" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 3:58
4. "Wide Sargasso Sea" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 5:36
5. "New Orleans" Stevie Nicks Neale Heywood 5:34
6. "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)" Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 5:26
7. "Annabel Lee" adapted from Edgar Allan Poe Stevie Nicks, Waddy Wachtel 5:58
8. "Soldier's Angel" (with Lindsey Buckingham) Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 5:16
9. "Everybody Loves You" (with Dave Stewart) Stevie Nicks, Dave Stewart Dave Stewart 5:16
10. "Ghosts Are Gone" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 6:06
11. "You May Be The One" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 5:26
12. "Italian Summer" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 4:38
13. "Cheaper Than Free" (with Dave Stewart) Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 3:38

she wrote more new music for SYW than for IYD (didn't she work "like a maniac" on her 6 new songs? or 4, i don't remember).
Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
love popping up on here and reading inevitable conclusions how it always must be lindsey's fault in the end, even if what he says and does is completely opposite to the conclusions drawn.

i don'd begrudge you all looking at the world through a"chiffon filter" - whatever makes a person happy is all good with me . what i dislike to read is limitless lindsey bashing.
I love Lindsey, and haven't bashed him so I'm not sure why you used my quote to make your point. *My* point is that life is too short to be unhappy. It's my opinion that Stevie is at a place in her life where she should do whatever it takes to be happy, especially after the loss of her mom this year.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

so, whose fault is it that there's no new FM music?!?!?! certainly not mick's. there are 2 songwriters currently in FM and one of them has been saying since unleashed that he wants to record new FM album.

and how is stevie creating NEW music? did you all read who wrote (almost exclusively!) new music on IYD? Dave Stewart (most of it), plus Mike Campbell, Neale Haywood... all music stevie wrote on that album is from like 20-30 years ago... other then SA:

No. Title Lyrics Music Length
1. "Secret Love" Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 3:15
2. "For What It's Worth" Stevie Nicks Michael Campbell 4:32
3. "In Your Dreams" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 3:58
4. "Wide Sargasso Sea" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 5:36
5. "New Orleans" Stevie Nicks Neale Heywood 5:34
6. "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)" Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 5:26
7. "Annabel Lee" adapted from Edgar Allan Poe Stevie Nicks, Waddy Wachtel 5:58
8. "Soldier's Angel" (with Lindsey Buckingham) Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 5:16
9. "Everybody Loves You" (with Dave Stewart) Stevie Nicks, Dave Stewart Dave Stewart 5:16
10. "Ghosts Are Gone" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 6:06
11. "You May Be The One" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 5:26
12. "Italian Summer" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 4:38
13. "Cheaper Than Free" (with Dave Stewart) Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 3:38

she wrote more new music for SYW than for IYD (didn't she work "like a maniac" on her 6 new songs? or 4, i don't remember).
OMG You're such a BORE! In Your Dreams was a triumph for Stevie & most of her fans. You obviously have no respect or credibility when it comes to any thing related to Stevie.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If Stevie's stringing them along, then Mick has a point. It's really not fair to the band if she's agreeing to tour and then changing her mind to support an album that was a bomb. It's really not fair to guys like Neale and Brett, if not Mick and John, to constantly have to make alternate arrangements.

At this point, I think it may be time to either pull the plug on Fleetwood Mac altogether or bring in a new girl, but only if they commit to it, as in making a few more albums. (For some reason, Cyndi Lauper seems like a good fit.)
wow!! see now that band i would LOVE to see!! FM w/ Cindy instead of Stevie?!

i'm reluctant to see FM because i don't want to really listen to Stevie... but Cindy - that would be so interesting!!

someone needs to get this idea to Mick as soon as possible!!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephxaz View Post
She holds the power and she no longer needs to babysit Lindsey and his ego.
Like when she asked for his help on IYD?
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

At this point, I think it may be time to either pull the plug on Fleetwood Mac altogether or bring in a new girl, but only if they commit to it, as in making a few more albums. (For some reason, Cyndi Lauper seems like a good fit.)[/QUOTE]

Bring in a new girl???? That didn't work when they tried it before. I doubt Lindsey would be down with that. Just do the men of Mac Thang that has been brought up before. Lindsey is filling his time wisely and unless he lied to Stevie about taking her time then I don't see where its anyone but Mick whineing. None of us will enjoy it if Stevie is doing something because she's being told by The Mac your solo album is over and your wasteing your time and ours. Talk about a pissed off unhappy resentful bitch they will all wish for the good old days when she just pissed off with Lindsey like usual. I want the Stevie I saw on tour last year. The smile on her face , the pep in her step, priceless to me. Who knows where the truth lies. Stevie has made it clear she plans to go back to the Mac when she feels like she is done with IYD's. The documentary is not out yet, Europe has not been tapped, so 2013 is the earliest I see it happening. Mick is just trying to bully her I doubt he have the nerve to say those things to or about Lindsey.