User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood Blames Nicks For Fleetwood Mac Tour Trouble

Mick Fleetwood Blames Nicks For Fleetwood Mac Tour Trouble

Fleetwood Mac founder Mick Fleetwood fears the supergroup will never tour again because bandmate Stevie Nicks won't give up her latest solo dream.

The drummer reveals he and his bandmates were preparing for a major world trek in 2010 but then Nicks announced she was releasing a solo album and the plans stalled.

Two years later and Nicks is still touring on the back of her 2011 release, In Dreams, and has tour dates with Rod Stewart scheduled.

And Fleetwood, who performed on his bandmate's latest solo album, thinks the moment for a reunion tour has passed.

He tells Playboy magazine, "I don't believe Fleetwood Mac will ever tour again, but I really hope we do. We have rehearsed and prepared for it since 2010. We were supposed to tour in 2011, but we delayed it for a year to allow Stevie Nicks to support her solo record and for Lindsey Buckingham to do the same with his.

"I've always been supportive of my bandmates doing solo albums, so long as we kept our band together... I played drums on most of Stevie's album, the one she is still out there supporting and the one that is the reason that, for now, she refuses to do a Fleetwood Mac tour. It comes down to her.

"Stevie is really proud of her new album, and I get that, but she will not let it go... She's insistent upon working it (album) until it is incapable of growing further.

"I understand what she likes about her situation: Touring in support of her album, she is able to be her, without any degree of compromise. She doesn't have to worry about the other three of us asking her to do anything... She has become obsessed with her album in a very nice but inconvenient way."
Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I mean, I don't feel bad about her touring to promote the album. At least there's something to promote.

When Fleetwood Mac want to put out new material and tour to support it, then we can talk.

(then again I'd go see FM any time any where at the drop of a hat, no matter if they played Landslide on a loop and did the Tusk dance for 3 hours straight lmao)
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I mean, I don't feel bad about her touring to promote the album. At least there's something to promote.
Thank you! Honestly, the Unleashed Tour wasn't that long ago. Give people time to miss you, Mick!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Mick Fleetwood Blames Nicks For Fleetwood Mac Tour Trouble

"Stevie is really proud of her new album, and I get that, but she will not let it go... She's insistent upon working it (album) until it is incapable of growing further.
Ummm, isn't that what Mick did with Rumours and Tusk? He's just got sour grapes because she's gone and made a great album that she is wisely promoting to its full capacity. She has earned the right to do this. For years, she juggled both acts and now I see her wanting to place a priority on her solo work. That doesn't mean she's abandoned the Mac.

Mick is probably irritated because 1). he likes to play on stage a lot and can't right now with the lineup he'd like; and 2) he is, as always, in need of cash.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is probably interested in a FM tour every 5 or so years. The Dance:1997. Say You Will:2003-4. Unleashed:2009. I'd bet she's planning a FM tour next year with no new album.
I think whiny Mick needs some money otherwise he should be happy touring with his side bands.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Hmm... Mick surely is trying to drum up (har har) a response from Stevie. My guess is he hasn't heard from her lately, and wants to get back out there.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I wonder if he's trying to provoke some sort of reassuring riposte from her? And needing/wanting to know when his next big payday is coming, yes, always.

My hunch, which might be ludicrously optimistic, is that they will tour in 2013, and that SN and LB might even take this year to write some new stuff for some sort of recording too.

What bothers me, and maybe it's the real subtext of what Mick is saying, is that they're just all getting so OLD that you have to wonder why Stevie thinks there's so much time to keep putting the important stuff off? But then again, maybe it's all to do with a habit certain people have of simply not believing that Stevie is as serious about her music as she says? Mick seems almost to deride how much Stevie believes in IYD - I wonder if he'd do the same with a Lindsey album?

However, let's not lose sight of the really important thing here: BRING YOUR SOLO TOUR TO BRITAIN, STEVIE, BEFORE I DO SOME DAMN FOOL THING LIKE BUYING A PLANE TICKET TO SEE YOU IN BOSTON IN JULY.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If only he was worried about recording instead of touring, I don't want them touring again without a new album.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
If only he was worried about recording instead of touring, I don't want them touring again without a new album.
We all have different agendas, don't we? Ideal world, I'm right with you!

But if FM do tour outside North America/Australia without a new album, I will go and see them quite happily and not bother too much that other fans who have had the chance to see Stevie and/or FM every other year for more than a decade are missing the cherry on the top of their parfait.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post

What bothers me, and maybe it's the real subtext of what Mick is saying, is that they're just all getting so OLD that you have to wonder why Stevie thinks there's so much time to keep putting the important stuff off?
Whether Mick thinks this or not, I Do!!! It's not that I don't think Stevie should support her album, she should. Still, she needs to make definite plans. She should say she's definitely for a 2013 FM album/tour.

Too much of the time, everyone in FM acts like they have forever to make plans.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Check this out. Mick can be a real dick sometimes.

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2012/0...Reviews%29&m=1
Old 03-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not surprised that Stevie prefers to support her latest album. For me it's a masterpiece and a thing of which she should be proud. I think she should go on to tour the world, not only US and Australia. There are so many countries to visit. "In Your Dreams" is the album that many people should get to know.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has said that Lindsey told her she shouldn't worry about rushing back to FM. So, it seems this is one time when Lindsey's being more supportive and understanding.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm of the opposite opinion of the posts I've read so far. Stevie is simply in denial. This album is over; no one noticed it but her own die-hards, despite the publicity such as tv appearances. Although I am myself a die-hard fan, and have been for thirty years, I can step away from that and see that she's stubbornly not accepting that the window for this album is closed. That's just the way the biz works.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
What bothers me, and maybe it's the real subtext of what Mick is saying, is that they're just all getting so OLD that you have to wonder why Stevie thinks there's so much time to keep putting the important stuff off?
Quote:
However, let's not lose sight of the really important thing here: BRING YOUR SOLO TOUR TO BRITAIN, STEVIE, BEFORE I DO SOME DAMN FOOL THING LIKE BUYING A PLANE TICKET TO SEE YOU IN BOSTON IN JULY.
If I were a European fan at this point, I wouldn't wait for Stevie or Fleetwood to come to me. I'd go to them if I ever expected to see them play again. You said as much yourself, above. They are old. With every passing year, it's probably getting less & less likely that they're going to travel overseas to play.

That goes for domestic fans, too, essentially. If you ever expect to see this band play, you'd better go to the next concert you hear about, especially if it's in your region. I get e-mail from some of you Nicks followers saying you still "haven't had the chance" to see her live. She's almost 65, isn't she? You'd better make the chance.

moviekinks.blogspot.com