The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to hear Stevie doing "Oh Daddy"!! I've just been listening to the song recently and imaging Stevie's voice on it and I think it would be phenomenal!! It would be strange not to hear Christine doing it, but I think Stevie could pull it off.

I think we need to be open to the idea that some of these songs that Christine used to do will probably be "re-worked" in some way to better fit Stevie's voice and/or a duet situation with Lindsey. Let's face it, "Oh Daddy", "Don't Stop", "Hold Me", "You Make Lovin' Fun", "Say You Love Me" and a host of other songs that were Christine "standards" just won't sound the same with Stevie or Lindsey doing them. It's going to be different, no matter what.

Maybe there should be a different song where Mick gets his drum solo and maybe he could do something different with it. He should have an actual percussion kit rolled out to the front of the stage during a different song and do his solo that way. It would be different, it would do away with "World Turning" (which I think is awesome every time I see it, but obviously others don't agree) and be possibly more entertaining than the touch pads in the vest. I don't have any ideas about the song where this could be done, but I'm open to ideas. "Green Manalishi"? "Oh Well"? "Not That Funny"? I don't know.

Anyone with any thoughts?
Old 02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think alot alot of people would be completely delighted to hear Sisters Of The Moon, but I'd love it to have Lindsey singing that one verse like the Mirage tour in 1982. That's the dream, it really is!

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigYourGrave View Post
I think alot alot of people would be completely delighted to hear Sisters Of The Moon, but I'd love it to have Lindsey singing that one verse like the Mirage tour in 1982. That's the dream, it really is!
I agree. SOTM would be awesome!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Responding to my own message here with an update of what I think would be a killer set list for this tour.

Monday Morning, Gold Dust Woman, The Chain, Eyes Of The World, Dreams, Blue Letter, Rhiannon, I'm So Afraid, Say You Will, My Little Demon, Sara, Big Love, Landslide, Never Going Back Again, Say You Love Me, What's The World Coming To, Twisted, Gypsy, Come, Oh Daddy, Peacekeeper, Freedom, Oh Well, Planets Of The Universe, This Is The Time, Storms, Bleed To Love Her, Think About Me, Beautiful Child, Tusk, Don't Stop, Stand Back, Go Your Own Way, First Encore: Not That Funny (Mick's drum solo here), Sisters Of The Moon, Second Encore: Say Goodbye, Second Time. Then play "Albatross" and a series of other "Pre-Rumours" tracks as we all leave the show.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the subject. Guess we'll never know until the shows start happening.

As Mick has quoted Shakespeare so many times in the past, "If music be the food of love, then play on!"
Old 02-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
Maybe there should be a different song where Mick gets his drum solo and maybe he could do something different with it. He should have an actual percussion kit rolled out to the front of the stage during a different song and do his solo that way. It would be different, it would do away with "World Turning" (which I think is awesome every time I see it, but obviously others don't agree) and be possibly more entertaining than the touch pads in the vest. I don't have any ideas about the song where this could be done, but I'm open to ideas. "Green Manalishi"? "Oh Well"? "Not That Funny"? I don't know.

Anyone with any thoughts?
Well I think the obvious choice out of your suggestions would be "Not That Funny" as it has been home to Mick's shenanigans in the past. I really can't stand the vest. It's old now Mick, do something different. Please!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Responding to my own message here with an update of what I think would be a killer set list for this tour.

Monday Morning, Gold Dust Woman, The Chain, Eyes Of The World, Dreams, Blue Letter, Rhiannon, I'm So Afraid, Say You Will, My Little Demon, Sara, Big Love, Landslide, Never Going Back Again, Say You Love Me, What's The World Coming To, Twisted, Gypsy, Come, Oh Daddy, Peacekeeper, Freedom, Oh Well, Planets Of The Universe, This Is The Time, Storms, Bleed To Love Her, Think About Me, Beautiful Child, Tusk, Don't Stop, Stand Back, Go Your Own Way, First Encore: Not That Funny (Mick's drum solo here), Sisters Of The Moon, Second Encore: Say Goodbye, Second Time. Then play "Albatross" and a series of other "Pre-Rumours" tracks as we all leave the show.
Did I count 37 songs in that set!?!? As awesome as that would be...that concert would run about 5 hours and they'd probably never get through two shows!!! I'm hoping we get about 24 songs this time and they don't start to pull a Rolling Stones move. I think they were down to 18 or 19 songs at the end of their last tour in 2007.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Did I count 37 songs in that set!?!? As awesome as that would be...that concert would run about 5 hours and they'd probably never get through two shows!!! I'm hoping we get about 24 songs this time and they don't start to pull a Rolling Stones move. I think they were down to 18 or 19 songs at the end of their last tour in 2007.
I was curious so I had to check. The set in '04 was 23 songs
Old 02-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well I think the obvious choice out of your suggestions would be "Not That Funny" as it has been home to Mick's shenanigans in the past. I really can't stand the vest. It's old now Mick, do something different. Please!
For a drum solo, I think a percussionist should do something that showcases his DRUMMING skills, not his electronic gadgetry. Same thing with Walfredo and his digital World Turning solo.

It'd be as if I was a guitarist and for my guitar solo, I showed you how good I was on Guitar Hero, rather than demonstrating how well I could play a real guitar.

Michele
Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

Here is my ~dream~ setlist.. no order...

*Crystal
*Angel
*Sisters of the Moon
Go your own way
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
So afraid
Cryin in the night
*Storms
*Beautiful Child
Sara
*Silver Springs
Say you love me
*Blue Letter
*Second hand news
Rhiannon
Landslide
*Seven Wonders
The Chain
Bleed to love her
*Gypsy
*Think about me
Say Goodbye
Big Love

Anything they sing I will LOVE!

Jeni

I've never been any blue calm sea.. I've always been a storm. - Stevie Nicks {Storms} http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/Frozenlove2/c99d7cd1.jpg
Old 02-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't agree more!! I love Mick, I loved the vest thing the first couple of times I saw it. Now it's old. I'd much rather see him with a percussion kit of some sort rolled out in front of the drum kit and he and whomever his percussion help will be on this tour go back and forth in a solo "tour de force". We all know Mick can do it, it's just a question of "will he"? I certainly hope so.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!
Old 02-08-2009, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, that set list I put up is probably in the realm of "love to see it, but it ain't never gonna happen". But hey, I can dream, right? If a guy can't dream, what has he got left?!?!

Anyway, I think 37 songs is waaaayyy too many for this band and I agree we're probably looking at something in the neighborhood of 23 - 25 songs. It should be interesting to see what songs they decide to "Unleash" on us though. I'm looking forward to seeing what the set list actually ends up being.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the more I listen to it, I want The Ledge so much..

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 02-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How about "Love to Bleed Her" or whatever it's called? That's a good one that I don't think they did last time.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
How about "Love to Bleed Her" or whatever it's called? That's a good one that I don't think they did last time.
That's a fine choice and is familiar to casual fans, because of The Dance. However, the introduction Lindsey used to give about leeches through the ages began to sound somewhat mechanical.

Michele
Old 02-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd much rather see him with a percussion kit of some sort rolled out in front of the drum kit and he and whomever his percussion help will be on this tour go back and forth in a solo "tour de force".
I don't know if Mick should share the spotlight, being the Mac's Fleetwood and all. However, I know that one of the best parts of Stevie's solo set was when her drummers would have a little duel during the intro of EO17. One would play a riff and the other would repeat it and add a florish of his own. Can-you-top-that style. That really worked well. Also, I thought Taku really had a strong stage presence and that made it even more exciting.

Michele