User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Some people just are clueless...file this one under "Dumb and Dumber".

Eat Skull, eat ****!
On the other hand, he did mention GBV's Same Place The Fly Got Smashed (which probably has my favorite cover).

As a rule, indie guys tend not to like the blues, and I can accept that. However, I think these guys could probably expand their horizons. It's not like Green et. al. were strictly blues after a certain point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Eat Skull Interview, Revolver Distribution.
I think we all ****ing love Buckingham era Fleetwood Mac.

I am also a huge fan of Lindsay Buckingham. If Eat Skull were to cover a Fleetwood Mac or Buckingham song, which would it be?

RE: "That's How We Do It In L.A."-definitely.
Ok, two things. First I think it's neat how he didn't say Buckingham/Nicks era Fleetwood Mac and second how ****in' cool that they would love to cover That's How We Do It In L.A.
I love it when a band wants to cover a non radio hit. That's one of the reasons I dig the rap version of Oh Daddy, which I have posted in the Chris McVie forum if you want to download.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

138. I enjoy my money, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I’d certainly rather be rich than poor.
- Christine McVie

http://shanelyang.com/2008/08/08/200-poor-quotes/
Old 08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The week in live music
By Jessica Hopper | Special to the Chicago Tribune
August 8, 2008
FRIDAY

After cresting early on, Vanessa Carlton, who was part of the young-songstresses-with-pianos-and-long-hair trend that dominated 2001-03's airwaves, has struggled to regain an audience. Her debut went platinum, and despite a long tour opening for Stevie Nicks, her record sales plummeted and she was dropped from her label. She's young but not terribly hip; she is an unapologetic soft-rock artist. Her work is melodramatic, romantic, triumphant and familiar—listening to her latest, 2007's comeback "Heroes and Thieves" (The Inc.), one wonders why she is not as popular as Celine Dion. There is not another current pop artist who is as extreme in their palatability. She's the puerile Dan Fogelberg of her generation! Her new label's attempts to sell her with a sexed-up image border on farcical. In her latest video, she appears in a sexy garter belt and is caressed by a set of mystery-man hands. It doesn't jibe with her music and is all the more creepy given that, at 27, Carlton still looks like a sophomore in high school.

7 p.m. at House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn St. $14-$16 (all-ages); Ticketmaster 312-559-1212

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...,5563900.story
Old 08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I didn't want to start an individual thread just to say this: Yesterday afternoon my local classic rock radio station played a double shot of Fleetwood Mac.Unbelievably they played two songs from the bootleg album Albatross, But Not Around My Neck Please, Station Man and Rhiannon. If you only knew how good it felt to hear these songs in crystal clear digital sound. It was amazing!!! And the fact that thousands of unsuspecting people were also hearing this at the same time was so cool. I pictured in my head all the people who would be calling the station asking if FM had a new live CD or whatever.
ALBATROSS is bootlegged from a more legitimate source: King Biscuit Flower Hour, which, over the years, sent vinyl & CDs of the program to radio stations for broadcasting (the way Westwood One does). You can still find the King Biscuit CDs for sale from this or that vendor. It has a blue label. I think I still have one.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From a Guardian (London) article on fashion, 8/8/08

Trend: Lace

Stand by your Fleetwood Mac records. In readiness for next year's comeback tour, Stevie Nicks' fabric of choice has been trumpeted as part of the "new gothic trend". To embrace the lace, first banish all preconceived ideas of its frumpiness, itchiness or similarity to twitching net curtains. Second, look at how Mrs Prada magically spins the fabric into a series of demure dresses and separates for her new autumn collection. Third, watch Desperately Seeking Susan again and study how Madonna wore lace gloves. Last but not least, take a look at the latest Chanel catwalk (above) for a cheap take on the trend: lace tights. These are the easiest, cheapest and most grown-up way to partake of the lace action, plus a simple way to snazzy up an LBD.

Spend: £5

Tights, available from New Look, 0500 454094
Old 08-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For more than a decade, the Japanese American rapper (born Tom Shimura) has kept the Bay Area on the hip-hop map, at first through collaborations with DJ Shadow and Lateef, and lately as a solo star with songs on TV shows such as "Entourage" and "Gossip Girl." His latest album, "Everywhere at Once," has kept him on the road since it was released earlier this year. . We caught up with him by phone at a tour stop in Amsterdam.

Q: You tour with your wife, Joyo Velarde. Doesn't that take out 90 percent of the fun of being a rapper?

A: It's a great thing. I don't think we would be able to do it we didn't do it together. It's just too much time away from home.

Q: Aren't you worried about some Fleetwood Mac drama going down?

A: That is disgusting. I can't even think about that.

Q: You also produced her album. Don't you need some space?

A: As a guy, I have what is known as "man time." So occasionally I take man time to kind of do what guys do, which is, like, sit around and watch TV and be a dummy.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...PKB8123KC7.DTL
Old 08-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Spend any amount of time with songwriter Eleanor Lou, and you'll notice she's prone to speaking in rather grandiose, yet enticingly poetic terms. Hailing originally from the south, but now based in Manchester (where she's studying for that archaeology degree), this 22-year-old songwriter has gone some considerable distance to rewriting the rulebook on how female solo artists go about their business.

A lone performer, armed only with distorted, crashing electric guitar, Eleanor Lou is on a bold crusade to prove that not all female performers in 2008 are meek, mawkish Brit School graduates with delusions of Winehouse grandeur.

Fleetwood Mac

Citing influences as wide-ranging as Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks ("She's the ultimate female rock role model," says Eleanor), and esoteric literary figures such as Francoise Sagan and Diane Di Prima, Eleanor Lou clearly isn't satisfied with the lowly standards female performers set themselves in the current climate. She wants them all to aspire to something grander - dare we say, iconic even.

"I really can't relate to any female performers around now," Eleanor rants. "Adele, Duffy, all these bland Brit School singers. For me, they're all just soulless.

"Yes, they can sing okay - but just because you have a nice voice, it doesn't mean you have any soul.

"My female idols aspired to something more - people like Patti Smith or Kate Bush. They were very empowering. That's what I want to be - I want to be iconic. I don't want to be another songwriter who's just popular for five minutes. I'm gonna make a lot of records."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._in_the_making
Old 08-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

119. I haven’t turned into some rich monster. I’ve kept my perspective. But I am a bit spoiled. It’s hard not to be a little spoiled by having a lot of money.
- Christine McVie

http://shanelyang.com/2008/08/09/200-rich-quotes/
Old 08-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
119. I haven’t turned into some rich monster. I’ve kept my perspective. But I am a bit spoiled. It’s hard not to be a little spoiled by having a lot of money.
- Christine McVie

http://shanelyang.com/2008/08/09/200-rich-quotes/
You know, that should totally put off Christine McVie, but it actually does quite the opposite.

Christine is really the perfect woman (I'm not sure pun was intended). She's pretty, talented, one of the guys, can drink most guys under the table, into ugly drunk guys, and is rich. All that AND sarcastic British whit! Color me turned on! If only she were 15 years younger and I were 15 years older...Just sayin' I'd have a chance!

They don't make 'em like that anymore!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If only she were 15 years younger and I were 15 years older...Just sayin' I'd have a chance!
Christine dates (even marries) younger men, so age shouldn't keep you out of the running.

Michele
Old 08-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine dates (even marries) younger men, so age shouldn't keep you out of the running.
I'm not sayin' I'd say no, but that she is only a year younger than my mom would screw with my head a bit. A 31 year age difference is huge. But then agian, hell, I'm still dealing with the fact that a 31 year old woman is younger than me I should ask Uncle Bob (Pollard) how this has been working out for him (he's 50, wife's 28).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sunday Music
By Rustmeister(Rustmeister)
Before there was Fleetwood Mac, there was Fleetwood Mac:. Of course, before that, there was Fleetwood Mac:. I was a big fan of the Bob Welch era. Even had a handpainted t-shirt with the "Mystery to Me" album cover on it. ...
Rustmeister's Alehouse - http://rustmeister.blogspot.com/

Musical Interlude
By hud@jameshudnall.com(hud@jameshudnall.com)
Before Fleetwood Mac went on to huge success in the late 70s, they struggled for many years with guitarist Bob Welch in their midst. Welch is credited with saving the band which had a lot of upheavals, and he went on to some success as ...
- http://jameshudnall.com/blog.php/site/index/
Old 08-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is from an obituary in the Pueblo Chieftain

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...a626204970.txt

MARK EVERETT

51, passed away on Aug. 7, 2008, after a lengthy illness. He was born in Pueblo on Sept. 9, 1957. He was preceded in death by his parents, Edward "Beaver" and Doris Everett; and sister, Susan Aguilar. Mark is survived by his special friend, Eva Caulder; aunts and uncles, Margarett (Richard) Perko, Sylvia (Garnell) Sims, James Jackson and James Pierce; niece, Bobbi Sue Aguilar; and his special companions, Oscar and Lilly. He also is survived by numerous cousins and friends. Mark proudly graduated from Centennial High School in 1976, and was retired from Colorado Bluesky Enterprises. Mark enjoyed his computer, music, spending time at his cabin in Westcliffe and being with family and friends. Mark will always be remembered as being a No. 1 fan of Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. He loved going to their concerts, collecting memorabilia and he even met Stevie Nicks with a backstage pass. Mark will truly be missed by those who knew him. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Mark's memory to Colorado Bluesky Enterprises through the funeral home office. Memorial service, 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 11, 2008, Adrian Comer Garden Chapel. Per Mark's request, there will be no viewing and cremation will take place. Please visit Mark's memorial at www.mem.com. Arrangements through Adrian Comer Funeral Home.

Last edited by michelej1; 08-10-2008 at 04:03 PM..
Old 08-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is from an obituary in the Pueblo Chieftain

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...a626204970.txt

MARK EVERETT

51, passed away on Aug. 7, 2008, after a lengthy illness. He was born in Pueblo on Sept. 9, 1957. He was preceded in death by his parents, Edward "Beaver" and Doris Everett; and sister, Susan Aguilar. Mark is survived by his special friend, Eva Caulder; aunts and uncles, Margarett (Richard) Perko, Sylvia (Garnell) Sims, James Jackson and James Pierce; niece, Bobbi Sue Aguilar; and his special companions, Oscar and Lilly. He also is survived by numerous cousins and friends. Mark proudly graduated from Centennial High School in 1976, and was retired from Colorado Bluesky Enterprises. Mark enjoyed his computer, music, spending time at his cabin in Westcliffe and being with family and friends. Mark will always be remembered as being a No. 1 fan of Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. He loved going to their concerts, collecting memorabilia and he even met Stevie Nicks with a backstage pass. Mark will truly be missed by those who knew him. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Mark’s memory to Colorado Bluesky Enterprises through the funeral home office. Memorial service, 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 11, 2008, Adrian Comer Garden Chapel. Per Mark's request, there will be no viewing and cremation will take place. Please visit Mark's memorial at www.mem.com. Arrangements through Adrian Comer Funeral Home.
I don't know . . . I've always said about too much Stevie Nicks listening . . .

moviekinks.blogspot.com