Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Clock Keeps on Ticking

On a happier note, they played a She & Him song at work today! I was so shocked and happy. I love hearing good music at work. Our one manager always plays at least one Stevie Nicks song when he's on, so I hear her a few times a week, which always makes the work day. I hope the She & Him thing becomes a regular occurence.

http://charmedgirl87.livejournal.com/193890.html
Old 06-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Comment from a Havana Times reporter Alfredo Prieto:

http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=10441

I now work at the publishing house of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association (UNEAC) and I’m writing another book. Like my aunt, I am a declared fan of strawberry cheesecakes… and of Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac’s ex. If any of you know her, please give her a flower for me.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Times - Johannesburg,Gauteng,South Africa

On the subject of fantasies, Stevie Nicks is back. Never sexier or more spontaneous, this live album, titled The Soundstage Sessions, is a beauty of back catalogue selection. There’s Stand Back, Landslide, Beauty and the Beast and others, but most of all, it’s the best live recording of her ethereal masterpiece, Sara. Clocking in at seven or so minutes, it’s an astounding litany to love.
Sara, which was first released on Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk in 1980, is usually viewed as a jumble shop of esoteric ideas and dreams, but here Nicks creates clarity and a polymorphous resignation in her voice that’s perfectly matched by her backing band. The point of the song only really comes together at the end when, forlornly, Nicks protests: “There’s a heartbeat, no it never really dies … never really dies, won’t you swallow your pride.” Reading the words here won’t do the trick. But hearing them will bring tears to your eyes and exultation to the heart.

http://www.thetimes.co.za/Entertainm...spx?id=1017811
Old 06-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Erin Norman - The Factory Press

Add to that a pinch of Fleetwood Mac, a dash of Violent Femmes, a sprinkle of old Sinead O'Connor and that ought to do it. Bake at a satanically high temperature rotating every 30 minutes. Now I have a Sloe Gin playlist I have ...
Erin Norman - http://erinnorman.livejournal.com/
Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Knowledgeable sources say the city-owned Alerus Center is guaranteeing that Britney Spears makes somewhere in the $750,000 to $850,000 range, though one source said that’s not something unique to this tour.

“We did not pay any more than anybody else,” said Alerus Center executive director Steve Hyman, though he said he couldn’t talk about the arrangement until after tickets go on sale Saturday.

He got the show, he said, because of a professional relationship with tour promoter AEG Live going back 20 years, from when he used to head the Verizon Wireless Center in Moline, Ill.

And, he said, he patched up a contentious relationship between the Alerus Center and the promoter dating back to a disastrous Fleetwood Mac concert in 2003.

According to Hyman, money was not the lynchpin of the deal with AEG Live, but relationship.

The Alerus Center damaged its reputation with the promoter in 2003 after the Fleetwood Mac concert, which sold only 6,174 tickets out of 20,000.

For reasons still murky, the Alerus Center failed to pay AEG Live a six-figure sum, causing the promoter to blackball the events center.

“We paid our dues,” Hyman said. “This is the same gentlemen that didn’t quite get straight on Fleetwood Mac
. We straightened that out with Neil Diamond, even though we took a hit on it.”

If Britney does as well here as she did elsewhere, the Alerus Center also will get a rebound in its reputation as an entertainment venue, both with promoters and with its advertisers and suite holders.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/123885/
Old 06-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Near set’s end, Ternheim moved her microphone off to the side and brought Van Etten, Martino and Manchon up for an all-acoustic rendition of “Summer Rain,” ending in rapt silence. A gripping end to a soggy night’s show? Not quite. “I feel weird not saying thank you, good night or whatever, so I’m gonna play one more song,” Ternheim said. Mustering her forces, she played one of the most memorable cuts from the domestic version of Halfway to Fivepoints: a cover of Fleetwood Mac’s “Little Lies” that wrung more melancholy and poignance from the song than even its famously damaged originators could muster.

http://www3.timeoutny.com/newyork/th...l-at-joes-pub/
Old 06-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At the Pavillion in Boston. My two lovely sisters and I took her to see Stevie Nicks who happened to be playing right smack on the day of her birthday--now is that coincidence that Stevie would be playing on June 22nd? or is it fate/destiny?!My Mother is not just obsessed with Stevie...she is "OBSESSED!" It drives my middle sister bonkers! My younger sister and I go with the flow about this obsession! Hey--it's a good obsession...Stevie Nicks can still sell out all over the world--either by herself of with Fleetwood MacBut I swear, like the assumptions of Stevie Nicks, when I was younger I almost thought my Mother had special witchy woman powers...those eyes could stop me dead in my tracks!!!

http://loveyourlifeandyourlooktoday....in-worlds.html
Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stephen Davis -- the noted rock and roll biographer

What are you memories of working on Moon Walk?
I was in California, and I was working on a book with Fleetwood Mac at the time. And my agent called me up and said that Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis had hired Michael Jackson to write his autobiography and was having trouble -- they'd assigned a couple of writers already, and Michael either didn't like them or, well, I don't know what happened. I was the third writer on the project. And I had some of their previous transcripts, and they weren't very good. And I'd been interviewing Mick Fleetwood a lot and living with my family in Malibu and they said, "Well, we'd like you to go over and have an audience with Michael Jackson and see if he likes you, and the deadline is approaching." So I went there to his house in Encino, California. And the zoo was there, and the candy store and all this stuff.

http://thephoenix.com/BLOGS/onthedow...is-monkey.aspx
Old 06-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Article about Sisters of the Moon fashions, designs by a mother daughter team.

Here's an excerpt:

http://www.fangoria.com/features/94-...-the-moon.html

Many of their skirts incorporate tule, which gives the styles a fairy-like feel, and they manage to use this delicate material in unique and striking ways. And though many of their designs have a dark look to them, they aren’t afraid to use vibrant, even neon colors, and the contrast meshes perfectly. Sisters of the Moon is greatly inspired by Stevie Nicks, who was in what Shayl says was her mother’s favorite band (FLEETWOOD MAC) and has “a style like no other.” Their designs are also inspired by Vintage, 1800’s, retro, dance, goth and “anything out of the normal.” Often the result is witchy and costume-like, but in a non-cheesy, good quality type of way. I myself am a lover of fantasy and am drawn to a style that allows me float around like a dark fairy or entice the opposite sex like a devious nymph. Almost like LARP-ing without the script. (Wow, I totally just revealed the geek in me).
Old 06-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Poster in a Drownedinsound chat thread, describing a conversation in his family about Fleet Foxes:

http://drownedinsound.com/community/...social/4187903

FLEET FOXES
Mum: These sound like Fleetwood Mac don't they?"

Me: No, they don't mum. You say everything sounds like Fleetwood Mac. You said Bat For Lashes sounds like Fleetwood Mac.

Mum: Their name is Fleet Foxes.

Dad: They're pretty good ain't they?

Me: They're alright, that song they just played [white winter hymnal] is
pretty good but the rest is well boring.

Mum: They'd be better without the vocals

Me: What? Their whole sound is based on the vocals!

Dad: Fleetwood Mac would be turning in their graves.

Me: What?

Dad: Oh, hang on, they're not dead are they? Just released a new album didn't they.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Fleetwood Mac would be turning in their graves.
No, just Murrow.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry if this has been posted, I skimmed over the thread & didn't see it. Susanna Hoffs (The Bagels) and Matthew Sweet have done a cover album. Second Hand News is on it.

http://www.myspace.com/sidnsusie
Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default David Wild, Rolling Stone Contributing Editor

July 1, 2009 09:49 AM

Midway through the film, Stevie Nicks -- a truly beautiful woman inside and out who I've loved since high school -- called to discuss Michael Jackson for a special issue of Rolling Stone that's coming right up. So I found myself sneaking out to lobby and recording our talk about Michael, music, fame and life as the absurdly loud sounds of endless transformer battles bleed loudly through the theater walls.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-..._b_223766.html
Old 07-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Sorry if this has been posted, I skimmed over the thread & didn't see it. Susanna Hoffs (The Bagels) and Matthew Sweet have done a cover album. Second Hand News is on it.
http://www.myspace.com/sidnsusie
It's nice to see someone else posting in here besides Michele and I. Here is an addition to your post.

In 2006, Bangles singer/guitarist Susanna Hoffs teamed with power pop musician Matthew Sweet to record Under the Covers, a series of duets of their favorite songs from the 1960s and ‘70s. Last year, the duo reunited in Los Angeles to begin work on a follow up album. Shout Factory’s Under the Covers, Vol. 2, is now scheduled for release on July 21 and will feature sixteen more of the duo’s favorite classic tracks, with an additional ten tracks featured on the bonus edition download.

About the track selection, Hoffs said, “The records that we cover are records we love. There’s out-of-tune singing, out-of-tune guitars, the drum tracks are speeding up and slowing down. Those records are great because they’re about the feel; they capture the emotion and they’re not about perfection.”

In addition to the duo’s singing, Vol. 2 features guest spots from Mick Fleetwood, Dhani Harrison, and Steve Howe from Yes as Hoffs and Sweet cover Fleetwood Mac’s “Second Hand News,” George Harrison’s “Beware of Darkness,” and Yes’ ”I’ve Seen All Good People” respectively. They also work t Grateful Dead’s “Sugar Magnolia” and Rod Stewart’s “Maggie May.”

Following the album release and a short promotion tour, Hoffs will return to the studio to begin work on the Bangles next album with Sweet joining her as the project’s co-producer.

The full track listing for Under the Covers, Vol. 2

1. Sugar Magnolia

2. Go All The Way

3. Second Hand News

4. Bell Bottom Blues

5. All The Young Dudes

6. You’re So Vain

7. Here Comes My Girl

8. I’ve Seen All Good People: Your Move/All Good People

9. Hello, It’s Me

10. Willin’

11. Back Of A Car

12. Couldn’t I Just Tell You

13. Gimme Some Truth

14. Everything I Own

15. Maggie May

16. Beware Of Darkness

http://www.americansongwriter.com/20...er-the-covers/
Old 07-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do verify facts, run spell checks and proofread your copy. She recalls an instance when she erroneously used the American spelling of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours in a bio sent to thousands of media outlets. Though it happened a decade ago, she says, "[I]t still stings."

http://www.marketingprofs.com/short-...a-good-release