Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Los Angeles...beautiful child, wherever you are, this is for you. It's called "Landslide"." (Los Angeles, CA 8/29/77)
This is really interesting to me. Anyone care to post that entire show?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
"This is for you, Buffalo. It's called "Landslide". (Buffalo, NY 8/28/78)
F*CK YEAH! WOOOOHOOOO!

Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Say You Will Era - Live In Clarkston, MI - 9.14.2004
We always like to take this moment, in the set, as you know, to stop and tell you, the audience, how much we appreciate the fact that you continue to support this band...I think we've played here in this city three times over the past year and a half...So you're number one on our list! Um...Like Lindsey just said, its like I think for the whole, the last six-seven-eight songs, we've been doing, my head is so full of trying to think of all the people that we of course want to thank because its been such an amazing year and a half of touring we really have just never stopped since May fifth, LAST may fifth, not just the one that just passed, but, before before that, so without going into all that, I just want everyone up here on the stage, and all of our incredible crew, and our incredible voice monitors, and our incredible voice...monitor, Robert, and our incredible sound guy Dave Nattel, and our lighting guy Arlove, and these amazing people, these are only four of the amazing amazing men and women that take care of this group, so I'd like you to give them a big ol' round of applause. And just as an aside, the man that he dedicated um, the second song to, Ray, he picked me up to go to our first rehearsal for Fleetwod mac in an orange Dotson truck, Ray! On Hollywood Blvd. in 1975, January, to go to the very first fleetwood mac rehearsal I ever went to, I've never stopped...(something) (something) its true! So, with that all said, then there's one more person, my father, who has been out here for parts of this entire tour, this entire 135 shows, Dad, Jess, you did it, you made it, and what a guy you are, 79 years old you can rock (with the best of um! So everybody this is Landslide and its for all of you...
That would be an orange Datsun truck. Datsun was the car brand in the 1970's that has become Nissan today. You kids make me feel so old! LOL.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
There is a video boot of a concert in, I think, the 90's whjere she sings Landsline (harmony) on stage with a group named "Venice." The dedication is cool and their faces when she joins in is one of delight. Does anyone have this to post? I looked on youtube to no avail.
I'm not sure if this is the one you are looking for but here is one online

http://www.venicecentral.com/videolandslide.html
Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^
That's it!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A few more....

Tusk

"So we should dedicate this to Fleetwood Mac." 10/18/79 (Tusk Rehearsal)

"I would like to take....a moment to dedicate this song to you, here in Rotterdam. It's called "Landslide". It's for you." --Rotterdam, Netherlands 6/13/80

Mirage

"I would like to uh...dedicate this...really old song to the man who put this concert on, because I think it's really a great thing to do for him...and for us. It's called "Landslide"" - US Fest 9/5/82

"I would like to, um...I would like to dedicate this song to one of my two best...friends in the whole world, Christine Mcvie. She...I think she's over there. She's not here. It's called "Landslide"."--Indianapolis, IN 9/12/82

"Hello Phoenix Arizona. I know there's someone else who couldn't be her tonight. How come? So I want to dedicate this to my dad and this amphitheater, and the fact that I get a chance to come back. This is for you, it's called "Landslide"." -- Tempe, AZ 9/25/82

BTM

"So this is a song that we, uh, took out of the set about ten years ago, because...well, really, actually, we were tired of it. Now, after ten years, we decided to put it back in the set because we weren't tired of it again, or we thought you might've missed it. This is always my moment, sort of, with the audience to...talk to you for a second, and to dedicate this song to somebody. Since I don't know anybody here in this town...don't hurt men (?). I can't. It's a long, long story and I can't tell. So, I have to just say this song was written in the beginning, in 1973, for you. So I guess it might as well continue to be...for you This is "Landslide", and it's for you."--Albany, NY 11/17/90

Timespace

"We've uh...we saved something for the very end that's uh, real special to me because it's a song we haven't done in a really long time. I wrote this in Aspen Colorado in 1973. So it has a lot of special memories for me, and I hope that it has a lot of special memories for you. It's called "Landslide". " --Philadelphia, PA 7/26/91

"Um...we saved this song pretty much to the end because...we took it out of the set...in all different bands...we took it out for a long time, and we put it back in, because we thought maybe you might've missed it...just a tiny little bit. So....first of all it was written in 1973 up in Aspen Colorado....and uh...I would like to dedicate it, most especially to uh...all of you guys here because, I guess if it wasn't for you, I never really would've done this. So, this is your song....and it's yours." --Mountain View, CA 8/15/91 (aka Concord 1991)

The Dance

"We would like to dedicate this song to you because, you are the sole reason in the whole world that we have to ever do this song. Careful! Lindsey's crazy??" -- Buffalo, NY 11/23/97

SYW

"We'd like to dedicate this old song to Eddie and to Larry, and to all you guys." -- Sunrise, FL 7/6/03

Other

"I wrote this song for my father. Daddy, this is one more time for you." -- Stormy Weather 11/13/02

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
She's saying "London" because the song was recorded during a concert in London, England
OH! Well that makes a hell of a lot more sense!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by priestofnothing View Post
That would be an orange Datsun truck. Datsun was the car brand in the 1970's that has become Nissan today. You kids make me feel so old! LOL.
I know what it is! I just didn't know how to spell it and thats how SpellCheck corrected it.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A few more that I will put up later today...

The Dance

"We'd like to dedicate this song to you, because if it wasn't for you there would be no need to ever do this song." Bristow, VA 9-21-97

"We would like to dedicate this song to you, because you are the reason that we get to do it again. So thank you, this is for you." Fargo, ND 10-9-97

"It is my turn to say one little thing about this. Even though I wasn't here like 23 years like Lindsey was, I was here for a few years and we want you to know that this is where it all began, here in San Jose. Totally. And so I think that we were both very nervous for tonight, because our families were here, we were here and our music started here... and you are here. So, this song is for you. It's called Landslide." San Jose, CA 10-14-97

"I would like to dedicate this song to all of you, because you give us a reason to do this song." Tampa, FL 11-12-97

"This song is for you because you give us a reason to do this song." Atlanta, GA 11-15-97

"We would like to dedicate this song to all of you, because you give us a reason to do this song." Chicago, IL 11-20-97

"I would like to take a moment to dedicate this song to you, because it's been a long time and the reason we get to do this song is because of you. So this if for you." Cleveland, OH 11-24-97
Old 08-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
^^^^
That's it!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow, never seen that.

I like it, although I hate Venice with every cell in my body.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mirage

"I would like to take a minute to dedicate this... the song's called Landslide and I would like to dedicate it to my father. He's here, this is his show." Cedar Falls, IA 10-25-82

Need a little help with these two...

"I would like to dedicate this song to (....), because they are so wonderful." Boston, MA 9-15-82

"I would like to take a minute to dedicate this song to probably the third, maybe the fourth most incredible experience I ever had in my life... the northern lights in your sky last night. But they didn't see them, or (.....) there are other things that I remember when I die. Anyways, this song is called Landslide." East Troy, WI 10-10-82

And if anybody has the Norfolk, VA 9-10-82 show... be my guest. The only thing I can make out is that she is dedicating it to the audience... I think. You can barely hear her.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's what I have for the ones you needed help with...

" I am only a woman (?). This song is called "Landslide" and I'd like to dedicate it to you. This is our..first tour in a long time, I'm thinking "glad it took me here"?. -- Norfolk, VA 9/10/82

"I would like to dedicate this song to my Rhiannons, because they are so...wonderful. It's called "Landslide". Boston, MA 9/15/82

"I would like...to take a minute to dedicate this song to...probably the third, maybe the fourth most incredible experience I ever had in my life... the northern lights in your sky last night, that they didn't see in Los Angeles. Among other things I will remember when I die... Anyway, this song is called Landslide." East Troy, WI 10/10/82

more...

"Hello. We would like to uh, dedicate this...very old song...it's called "Landslide"...to you". Landover, MD 11/25/79

"I would like to uh, take just a moment to dedicate this song to a very good friend of ours whose name is Claude, who has been with us all through a year, and he is ? tonight. This song is called Landslide". --Paris, France 6/14/80

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Mirage

Need a little help with these two...

"I would like to dedicate this song to (....), because they are so wonderful." Boston, MA 9-15-82

"I would like to take a minute to dedicate this song to probably the third, maybe the fourth most incredible experience I ever had in my life... the northern lights in your sky last night. But they didn't see them, or (.....) there are other things that I remember when I die. Anyways, this song is called Landslide." East Troy, WI 10-10-82

And if anybody has the Norfolk, VA 9-10-82 show... be my guest. The only thing I can make out is that she is dedicating it to the audience... I think. You can barely hear her.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Dark Angel;712542][FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"]A few more....

Mirage

"I would like to, um...I would like to dedicate this song to one of my two best...friends in the whole world, Christine Mcvie. She...I think she's over there. She's not here. It's called "Landslide"."--Indianapolis, IN 9/12/82

The Dance

"We would like to dedicate this song to you because, you are the sole reason in the whole world that we have to ever do this song. Careful! Lindsey's crazy??" -- Buffalo, NY 11/23/97
[QUOTE]

These were the best ones....
Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
"So ... City of the Angels ... I would like to dedicate this old & very austere song to the man who gives us light, Mr. Curry Grant, & this song is called Landslide."
--Los Angeles 8.31.80
He lit up both Christine and Stevie didn't he?

Gail
Old 08-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
Here's what I have for the ones you needed help with...

" I am only a woman (?). This song is called "Landslide" and I'd like to dedicate it to you. This is our..first tour in a long time, I'm thinking "glad it took me here"?. -- Norfolk, VA 9/10/82

"I would like to dedicate this song to my Rhiannons, because they are so...wonderful. It's called "Landslide". Boston, MA 9/15/82

"I would like...to take a minute to dedicate this song to...probably the third, maybe the fourth most incredible experience I ever had in my life... the northern lights in your sky last night, that they didn't see in Los Angeles. Among other things I will remember when I die... Anyway, this song is called Landslide." East Troy, WI 10/10/82

more...

"Hello. We would like to uh, dedicate this...very old song...it's called "Landslide"...to you". Landover, MD 11/25/79

"I would like to uh, take just a moment to dedicate this song to a very good friend of ours whose name is Claude, who has been with us all through a year, and he is ? tonight. This song is called Landslide". --Paris, France 6/14/80

Thanks a million.

Here's some more Mirage and Dance:

"This is for you." Boston, MA 9-20-97

"I would like to dedicate this song to you and also would like to dedicate it to... to my best friend, because she's very sick. I would like for you all to say a prayer for her. Her name is Robin. This song is called Landslide." Philadelphia, PA 9-11-82

"I would like to take just a minute to dedicate this to the most fun (?) Fleetwood Mac has ever had in the last eight years, on this tour. Thank you for being wonderful and for being fun (?). It's called Landslide." Detroit, MI 9-19-82

Can't make out WPB, FL 11-8-97, it sounds like she's dedicating it Glen Parrish's older brother John. Orlando, FL 11-8-97 is a disaster, as is Minneapolis, MN 9-23-82.