Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677
oh..I must have missed that..

glad you are o.k. David!
thanks to you & homie!

Also thanks to everyone for posting Landslide dedications! We can have a great Web page pretty soon--with graphics (tour-specific & in some cases show-specific), pretty lettering, great color/design scheme! Lisa can go to town!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And some more...

"First of all we also like to take this moment in the show to thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And we also like to take this moment to dedicate this next song to Lindsey's science teacher, Mr. Frank Lepowski. Yes, Frank! It's called Landslide." Champaign, IL 5-9-04

"We always like to take this moment in the show to tell you, the audience, how much we appreciate the fact that you continue to support this band. And to continue on with that sentiment we like to each and every one of you, it's called Landslide." Charlotte, NC 5-20-04

"This next song I would like to dedicate to a friend of mine who's name is Steve (something), who's out there somewhere and ask him to remember that when we were fifteen and a half I wrote my first song. And if it wasn't for him, I don't think I would have ever written songs. So this is for you Steve, after all these years." Chicago, IL 6-27-03

"And then we want to move right into a big dedication to you...so great to be back in California, we've been all over the world. I think we should just dedicate this song to you, it's called Landslide." Chula Vista, CA 6-22-04

"We always like to take this moment in the set, as you know, to stop and tell you, the audience, how much we appreciate the fact that you continue to support this band. I think we have played here in this city three times over the last year and a half so you're number one on our list! Like Lindsey just said...I think for the whole...the last six, seven, eight songs we've been doing, my head is so full of trying to think of all the people that we ofcourse want to thank. It's been such an amazing year and half of touring, we really have just never stopped since May 5th, last May 5th, not just the one that just passed but before that. So, without going into all that, I just want.. everybody up here on this stage and all of our incredible crew and our incredible voice monitors, Ed, and our incredible voice monitor, Robert, and our incredible sound guy Dave Natale (and someone something). These are only 4 of the amazing, amazing men and women that take care of this group. So I would like to give them a big old round of applause. Just as an aside, the man that he dedicated the second song to, Ray, he picked me up to go to work, first rehearsal for Fleetwood Mac, in an orange Dodson truck...Ray...on Hollywood Boulevard, in 1975 in January, to go to the very first Fleetwood Mac rehearsal I ever went to. I never stopped going since (?). It's true. So, with that all said, there's one more person, and that's my father who has been out here for parts of this entire tour, this entire 135 shows. Dad, Jess, you did it, you made it and what a guy you are, 79 years old. You can rock with the best of them. So everybody, this is Landslide, and this is for all of you." Clarkston, MI 9-14-04 (obviously need a little help with this one...)

"We'd like to dedicate this song to Carletta, and hope that she gets better, and better, and better every day." Greenville, SC 6-1-03

"We always like to take this time in the set to stop and thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And then we'd like to take this next song and dedicate it to each and every one of you. This is Landslide." Hershey, PA 6-12-04

"We always like to to take this part of the set to stop and thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And then I have a little special thing to say tonight. It is father's day, and my dad drove out with my brother today from Phoenix to go on the rest of this tour with us, which is another month! And yes, my dad is the very same man who sat in the living room with me and Lindsey and listened to us sing in 1968 and said 'I think you guys have got something going.' I swear to God. So, all I can say is, dad, you are going to do this month with us and I can say to you one thing...let's roll. It's Landslide." Irvine, CA 6-20-04

pst, I can't make out Green Bay. Particularly the first sentence right before she yells out Green Bay Packers.

Last edited by danax6; 08-07-2006 at 07:28 PM..
Old 08-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"We always like to take this moment in our set to thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And then I think we have to make a special dedication to all of you here, because... we don't know exactly what to say, exactly where we are...are we in New York, are we at Jones Beach? Wherever we are, I love this city, so I want to dedicate this song to your city! It's called Landslide." Wantagh, NY 6-6-04

"First of all, we always like to take a minute to tell you how much we appreciate the fact that you always continue to support this band. And second of all, this song is always a song that we like to dedicate, so we would like to dedicate this to you, it's called Landslide." Knoxville, TN 9-12-03

"First of all, at this point in the show we always like to take a moment to thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And tonight is...just to share a little bit with you, because this is kind of a special and different night. This is our 70th show, since May 7th, and it is our last American show. Not our last forever, but our last for this particular part of the tour. We go on to Europe next month for a month and then we go to Australia so it is turning into an amazing experience for all of us, but what I really want to tell you is on this 70 shows, since last February...going into rehearsal for 3 months and then the 70 shows that we've just done our incredible tour manager, Mr. Marty Hom, who has been with us every single day of that time is leaving us to go work for Bette Midler! So what we really want to do is say, Marty, thank you for getting Fleetwood Mac to this point and for loving us, and caring for us and we will miss you, we will miss him so much. So can we have a big hand for Marty Hom! We would like to dedicate this song to him, it's called Landslide." Las Vegas, NV 10-18-03

"First of all, we always like to take this moment to tell you, the audience, how much we appreciate the fact that you continue to support this band. Second of all, I always try to find something special to dedicate this next song to and I think, standing here in the hallowed city of London, where so many of my influences and I know also Lindsey's...so many great singers, songwriters, guitar players, incredible musicians have come from this city, and I would like to dedicate this song to all those that have gone before...also to you, and thank you for welcoming me, us, to your city. It's called Landslide." London, UK 11-29-03

"We always like to take this moment in the show to thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And then secondly ofcourse to dedicate this song to each and every one of you, because it's just for you anyway, always has been. It's called Landslide." Mansfield, MA 5-28-04

"We always like to take this moment in our set to thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And follow that up with a dedication. I think tonight we need to dedicate this song to Lindsey's sister-in-law and my really, really good friend and Cory's mom...Daryl, this is for you, it's Landslide." Marysville, CA 6-26-04

"I would like to dedicate this next song to a little girl out there, who's name is Gia, who makes my life better. Gia, this is for you." Philadelphia, PA 5-19-03

"So tonight I would like to just say a little something since this is my home town. Really, besides the fact that I just love it here, and I wish I was going home to my house tonight...but I'm not, I have to leave...I want you to know that we so appreciate you coming tonight. Just a moment to tell you about the Heart Association...thank you for coming and don't anybody do this (?), because we're all going to need this help at some point and you may be, this may be the reason that some of... one of the brilliant doctors that lives here in this town figures out something, figures out the cure to this. I love you so much for coming and thank you to my mom and dad, for making this all happen. This is for you, and it's called Landslide." Phoenix, AZ 7-21-03

"We always like to take this moment in our set to thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And then follow that by dedicating this next song to each and every one of you. It's called Landslide." Raleigh, NC 5-22-04

"I always like to take this moment to thank you, the audience, for always supporting us. So we'd like to dedicate this song to you, it's called Landslide." Reno, NV 8-1-03

"First of all, we always like to take this very same moment, everytime we do this set, to thank you, the audience, for contuining to support this band. And since we've now done...we did a show in Concord and then we did one just outside of Sacramento, which is all basically what Lindsey and I consider to be our home, even if we haven't exactly been in every single place for thirty years, still this is sort of our stomping ground. So I just want to take this last night, because tonight we go on to Seattle and leave our... this really special place...going on to Washington, to dedicate this to every one of you who has ever been a part of our life and there's a lot of you out there, we just can't go down a list, there are so many people here that we love and that we honor and care about so much. Before leaving tonight we just want you to know how much we love all of you and just thank you so much for being in the beginning of what Lindsey and I first started to do. This is Landslide." San Jose, CA 6-29-04

"We usually don't do this, don't actually talk a lot, because, you know, we just don't. But, here in San Jose, we just have to say, I have to reiterate what Lindsey said that this is really where our career began, this is where we decided that we were going to do this. This is where it all (?), the real serious decisions, for him and I to move to Los Angeles and give up living here, which we... we didn't want to leave here, because we love it so much here. And we had to go, because that is where the record deals were, in Los Angeles. The music was in San Francisco but the record deals were in LA. So we had to go and it was very hard for us to leave here, so we just wanted you to know...I don't think it hit me and it probably didn't hit you [Lindsey] either until we were... really were driving here again... I was making that drive I made so many times, from San Jose State to Lindsey's house in Menlo Park to rehearse, for three and a half years, how really special and important you all are to us and how much we love you and so this song is for you, it's called Landslide." San Jose, CA 7-8-03

"We always want to take this moment in the set to thank you, the audience, for continuing to support this band. And then moving right on to the next song, which I would like to dedicate to a really, really dear friend of mine, who is here tonight, his name is Matthew. This is for you, sweetheart. And this is also for every one of you out there, it's called Landslide." Sioux City, IA 7-13-04

"Well, first of all say this, we would just like to take a minute to tell you how much we appreciate the fact that you support this band. And with that said, we would like to dedicate this song to you, because it's that kind of a song, it needs to be dedicated to you, it's called Landslide." St. Louis, MO 8-15-03

"We'd like to dedicate this song to Mary and Marielle, because we love them. It's called Landslide." Tampa, FL 6-8-03

"First of all, before this song, we always want to take a moment to tell you how much we appreciate you continuing to support this band. And second of all I would like to dedicate this to my friend Marilyn Dennis and also to all of you, it's called Landslide." Toronto, Canada 9-20-03

If anyone can tell what two names she mentions on the Sunrise, FL boot, that would be great.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6
If anyone can tell what two names she mentions on the Sunrise, FL boot, that would be great.
I don't have any of those Say You Will shows recordings. Otherwise, I'd try to help.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I don't have any of those Say You Will shows recordings. Otherwise, I'd try to help.
I had to stop, I really couldn't take one more 'we want to thank you for continuing to support this band'.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had to stop, I really couldn't take one more 'we want to thank you for continuing to support this band'.
I hear ya. That's okay. I'd rather have more from the earlier days anyway. Fleetwood Mac in 2003 just doesn't have any appeal for me. I'm not sure how Lisa feels.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hear ya. That's okay. I'd rather have more from the earlier days anyway. Fleetwood Mac in 2003 just doesn't have any appeal for me. I'm not sure how Lisa feels.
Hey, no leaving out anything, if you want to do them, you have to do them all. I'll do some earlier shows tonight, I am bored, depressed and got nothing better to do, until I find a new job.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where is all the film footage of all these Landslide dedications? or even the performances from the 70's of this song?

Old 08-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A couple more from the Tusk tour:

"I'd like to dedicate this to all of you guys out there that didn't forget about us. It's called Landslide." Albuquerque, NM 11-2-79

"I think we should dedicate this song to the new Rosemont Horizon and all of you. .... great musical wings back here. This is called Landslide." Chicago, IL 5-15-80 (fill in the dots on the second sentence, too much screaming.)

"Hello, New York City, number two night. I would like to dedicate this song to my friend Lindsey, because he's very special to me. It's called Landslide." New York City, NY 11-16-79

"Hello, St. Louis. I think I would like to dedicate this to you tonight. It's called Landslide." St. Louis, MO 11-6-79

I can't make out the last LA show in Dec of 1979, so I leave that one to you David. Also, Landslide on my Rotterdam, Holland boot is only 36 seconds long.

Last edited by danax6; 08-08-2006 at 08:23 PM..
Old 08-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

White Album tour is rather short...now compare these to the SYW dedications...

"This is for you." New Haven, CT 10-20-75

"This is for you." Passaic, NJ 10-17-75

"This is for you." Winston Salem, NC 11-20-75 (this one is actually quite funny, the guitar is much softer than her mic, and she is asking Richard to turn it up...probably because all the guys in the audience are screaming things at her. )

Last edited by danax6; 08-08-2006 at 09:53 PM..
Old 08-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . "This is for you." Passaic, NJ 10-17-75 . . . .
Easily one of the best FM concerts ever IMO.

The Rhiannon alone gives me the shivers!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They honestly didn't do much for me that on the SYW tour...okay, Lindsey did, but that's an enitrely different story.

Quote:

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, ok! lol I have no problem with it, just not fan of the the era. Btw, thank you for all of the quotes, Vanessa. Very cool of you! I'd probably go nuts listening to the SYW "Landslide" dedications.

Quote:
Hey, no leaving out anything, if you want to do them, you have to do them all. I'll do some earlier shows tonight, I am bored, depressed and got nothing better to do, until I find a new job.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A few more between song edits...

"Wild Oklahoma. I always find someone...to dedicate this song to, tonight, I'd like to just dedicate it to our crew...cause they're so special...and also to you. It's called "Landslide"." --Oklahoma City, OK 5/18/77

"This is for you Australia."--Sydney, AUS 11/17/77

"I would like to...dedicate this...very old song...to Fleetwood Mac, cause this is our last night. It's called "Landslide"." --Austin, TX 10/31/82

"So, ladies and gentlemen, this is a song that we have not done for about ten years in the United States. Well, for that matter, any..any other states. And, it's a song I've always, umm, dedicated to somebody, and tonight I would first of all like to dedicate it...most...firstly, to my mom who's here, if she's not at the blackjack table. (laughs) And if she is at the blackjack table, let's all bless her with love so she will win lots of money! This is "Landslide", and this is for you."--Las Vegas, NV 6/10/90

"This is a song...we took out of the set about twelve years ago, and we decided to put it back in because, we thought you might have missed it a little bit. And we would like to dedicate it from us to you, because this is where we started. With all our love, this is "Landslide"."--Oakland, CA 12/6/90

Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
White Album tour is rather short...now compare these to the SYW dedications...

"This is for you." New Haven, CT 9-23-75

"This is for you." Passaic, NJ 10-17-75

"This is for you." Winston Salem, NC 11-20-75 (this one is actually quite funny, the guitar is much softer than her mic, and she is asking Richard to turn it up...probably because all the guys in the audience are screaming things at her. )
You guys better doublecheck those dates.

moviekinks.blogspot.com