User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
My thoughts exactly. "Fleetwood Mac Live At The O2" would be an epic concert film.

As for the comments of it being the same as The Dance, I disagree. The Dance was an in-studio, highly rehearsed performance. Filming an arena show it totally different. Fleetwood Mac does not come out as the full-on rock band that they are on "The Dance" due to the setting. Filming an arena show would create a fantastic memento of not only this fantastic tour, but also serve as a clear example for the public as to who Fleetwood Mac really is as a live band.
I totally agree. You really feel the energy and see how good they are live from Live in Boston but The Dance is different and in a different setting to what they're doing now. I just can't see them recording it at the O2. Maybe Las Vegas or New York but I just don't think they'd do it in London. I guess we'll see though!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With the speed that FM gets things done any "concert film" would probably be ready for release in 2017...Are they really going to promote the 2015 tour during the Farewell tour???
Old 02-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Here is the joe reference
Old 02-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
chances are we will never see it because warner brothers could choose to re-release all their classic videos and live concerts much like other bands are doing such as rush but sadly it's just very disrespectful how the record company treats such an iconic band and their history.
Warner has, in my opinion, has been very stingy with regard to Fleetwood Mac product, except a rehash of the same material. (The live songs from 1977, featured on the recent deluxe version Rumours was a surprise, but it was just 12 song caveat -- why not the whole show? )

What would be the incentive for holding back a product release of the their current tour? It's the most relevant thing they've done. I don't think Warners, from a business standpoint, has any interests in harvesting vintage back stock for the sake of appeasing die-hard fans. The best thing that could happened is that a niche publishing company obtains the rights to some of the material, and release it in a boutique manner.

Neil Young, in the last few years, has released CDs of several show he performed in the early seventies. No huge promotion surrounding them; but geared for his devoted fans. Granted, Neil Young likely has more ownership and autonomy to make his own decisions. Fleetwood Mac doesn't have that control, nor do they have much interest in doing such things.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 02-18-2015 at 11:57 PM..
Old 02-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Joe Thomas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Thomas_(producer) produced "Live In Chicago"
It wasn't Joe Walsh? Darn it!

Michele
Old 02-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any concert released would hardly be live. According to Ken C, almost everything from the dance was re recorded in the studio.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Here is the joe reference
Thanks! It's also interesting to see the screaming that led to his comments from this point of view. From the floor, it almost sounded like someone was being led away by security, rather than just happy fans.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Junior Ledgie

I'd love to see a release of this show. The Dance is great but it doesn't show the true "live" performances that goes on. It's too low key. I still enjoy the video and the cd both but it does not compare to any live show I've ever seen.