The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see the problem with the headline. They weren't implying that it was a full Fleetwood Mac album.

If they had been more established within the band, the same headline could have been used for the Bekka & Billy album.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-16-2017 at 04:08 PM..
Old 01-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
'Fleetwood Mac duet album to be released'?
I think that's an oversight on their part as they clearly refer in the body of the article to the fact that it won't actually be a Fleetwood Mac album.
I think the press are generally clear that it is a FM album that just wont officially be called a FM album.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, I'm warming to the idea that even if it were ever to be released as a Fleetwood Mac album, it would still be a good title for the album to call it Buckingham McVie. I think I'd like that over Carnival Begin or Red Sun or Too Far Gone or whatever.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-16-2017, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
FULL TEXT OF ARTICLE:

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are set to record a duet album together under the name Buckingham McVie. The moniker harks back to the cult duo Buckingham Nicks, which Lindsey and Stevie Nicks formed before joining Fleetwood Mac.

The singers told the LA Times that their new record should be released in May, with Buckingham commenting on the particular chemistry between the two: “All these years we’ve had this rapport, but we’d never really thought about doing a duet album before.” he said.

McVie added: “We’ve always written well together, Lindsey and I, and this has just spiralled into something really amazing that we’ve done between us.”

The partnership had been hinted at several months previously when drummer Mick Fleetwood told Rolling Stone that the pair “could probably have a mighty strong duet album if they want.”

However the project is slightly more of a group affair than the title suggests – fellow Mac members bassist John McVie and Fleetwood are set to perform on it. This is despite the fact there is still no sign of the first Fleetwood Mac since 2003’s Say You Will. Fans had hoped that when McVie rejoined the band in 2014 following a 16 year break, there would be a new album – but securing time with Stevie Nicks, who has been concentrating on her solo career, has been the stumbling block.

In October last year, McVie told the Guardian that the album was “half-finished … it’s just seven tracks that we’ve got, and they’re only with guide vocals”. Talking of its “fantastic variety of songs” she said she hoped to finish the album before last Christmas.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I somehow feel deep inside this is gonna be good
Old 01-16-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
I somehow feel deep inside this is gonna be good
I love that they are moving on as artists. I'm so proud of those two.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The band is bending over backwards to be nice to Stevie. They could have and should have called the album Fleetwood Mac. She chose not to participate. They did not want to piss her off to make it seem they kicked her out and recorded without her even though this was her decision. This really says a lot if you read between the lines. As someone else pointed out, the Say You Will album was called Fleetwood Mac even though Christine did not participate. It seems they are walking on eggshells
I only think they are doing that because SN is singed contractually to a huge FM tour later on.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'm not sure about this. I have read numerous interviews throughout the years and both Lindsey and Stevie have said they want Buckingham Nicks rereleased but that it's out of their hands; however, they didn't say why that's the case. I've even read Keith Olsen is the hold up. I have no idea why rereleasing it has been so problematic, but it doesn't seem to be related to any hard feelings between Stevie and Lindsey.
Lindsey wants to rerelease it as an expanded version....Stevie wants to release as it was originally put out. However, Stevie wants a new cover, since she's always hated the cover. Lindsey, however, loves the cover, and doesn't want to change it.
Next year is the 45th anniversary of the album's release...if they don't come to some kind of agreement in the next six years, this album will never again see the light of day!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Lindsey wants to rerelease it as an expanded version....Stevie wants to release as it was originally put out. However, Stevie wants a new cover, since she's always hated the cover. Lindsey, however, loves the cover, and doesn't want to change it.
Next year is the 45th anniversary of the album's release...if they don't come to some kind of agreement in the next six years, this album will never again see the light of day!
It's hard to believe Buckingham/McVie will be released before Buckingham/Nicks on CD or Itunes.

Isn't that weird?
Old 01-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's hard to believe Buckingham/McVie will be released before Buckingham/Nicks on CD or Itunes.

Isn't that weird?
Not really. Lindsey likes Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-17-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not really. Lindsey likes Christine.
It was released in 1973. 44 years is a lot of dislike. IMO
Old 01-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's so amusing to read people's opinions on here.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
It's so amusing to read people's opinions on here.
You got that right! I laugh so hard some days from this board. It's quite entertaining.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Registered

“I’m sure it’s going to be great, because Christine is super-inspired. I’m really happy for them.” - Stevie Nicks on the Buckingham McVie album.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3442501.html

now they need to bring in Rick and Billy and make a kick ass Record and tour
Old 01-17-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
“I’m sure it’s going to be great, because Christine is super-inspired. I’m really happy for them.” - Stevie Nicks on the Buckingham McVie album.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3442501.html

now they need to bring in Rick and Billy and make a kick ass Record and tour
On one hand, I don't want to record new albums because of money. On the other hand, I'm happy my bandmates are doing it.

Good ole' Stevie.