User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2020, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You know what can really compromise your lungs? Smoking cigarettes for years. Just saying. Is it asthma, or COPD?
Marijuana is worse than cigs for an asthmatic because you do your best to inhale all that smoke. She hasn't figured that one out yet.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rocker Stevie Nicks Vows: ‘I’m Serious… If Donald Trump Is Re-Elected, I’m Contemplating Leaving The United States’

Rocker Stevie Nicks is thinking about leaving the United States if President Trump is re-elected, stating that she is considering an extraterrestrial existence.

“And I’m thinking: Oh, space. Maybe I can talk Elon Musk into giving us a jet and letting me pick 50 people,” she said during an interview with Variety while promoting her new single “Show Them the Way.”

Last Friday, Stevie Nicks released the music video for her new single. The video which was produced by Almost Famous and Jerry Maguire filmmaker Cameron Crowe continuously juxtaposes photos of BLM protests with the civil rights marches of the 60s. The video additionally pays respect to the deceased Јustice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

“Racism in the last four years is so much worse than it was. I’m 72 years old. I lived through the ’60s. I’ve seen all this. I fought for Roe vs. Wade; that was my generation’s fight,” she stated.

“And I don’t want to live in a country that is so divisive. I go, like, well, if this starts over and there are another four years of this, then I’m going, but we’re not welcome anywhere. So where can I go? And I’m thinking: Oh, space. Maybe I can talk Elon Musk into giving us a jet and letting me pick 50 people, and we’re like the arc, and someone can take us and let us live on another planet until the next four years are over,” she continued.

Nicks revealed that her new song is meant to be non-partisan:

“I hope people understand that it’s nonpartisan, that it’s not for Republicans, it’s not for Democrats. It’s meant to be a moment of peace for everyone, and… you know the silly thing where people say ‘Can’t everybody just get along?’ It’s like, can we just figure a way out of this horrific thing that we have walked into? That’s why I released this now.”

The rocker claimed the single is intended to be a “prayer.”

“I hope that this song and its words will be seen as a prayer, a prayer for our country, and a prayer for the world,” she said.

Before the 2016 presidential election, Stevie Nicks predicted a “landslide” victory for Hillary Clinton.

https://dailyrednews.com/rocker-stev...united-states/
Old 10-11-2020, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Rocker Stevie Nicks Vows: ‘I’m Serious… If Donald Trump Is Re-Elected, I’m Contemplating Leaving The United States’

Rocker Stevie Nicks is thinking about leaving the United States if President Trump is re-elected, stating that she is considering an extraterrestrial existence.

“And I’m thinking: Oh, space. Maybe I can talk Elon Musk into giving us a jet and letting me pick 50 people,” she said during an interview with Variety while promoting her new single “Show Them the Way.”

Last Friday, Stevie Nicks released the music video for her new single. The video which was produced by Almost Famous and Jerry Maguire filmmaker Cameron Crowe continuously juxtaposes photos of BLM protests with the civil rights marches of the 60s. The video additionally pays respect to the deceased Јustice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

“Racism in the last four years is so much worse than it was. I’m 72 years old. I lived through the ’60s. I’ve seen all this. I fought for Roe vs. Wade; that was my generation’s fight,” she stated.

“And I don’t want to live in a country that is so divisive. I go, like, well, if this starts over and there are another four years of this, then I’m going, but we’re not welcome anywhere. So where can I go? And I’m thinking: Oh, space. Maybe I can talk Elon Musk into giving us a jet and letting me pick 50 people, and we’re like the arc, and someone can take us and let us live on another planet until the next four years are over,” she continued.

Nicks revealed that her new song is meant to be non-partisan:

“I hope people understand that it’s nonpartisan, that it’s not for Republicans, it’s not for Democrats. It’s meant to be a moment of peace for everyone, and… you know the silly thing where people say ‘Can’t everybody just get along?’ It’s like, can we just figure a way out of this horrific thing that we have walked into? That’s why I released this now.”

The rocker claimed the single is intended to be a “prayer.”

“I hope that this song and its words will be seen as a prayer, a prayer for our country, and a prayer for the world,” she said.

Before the 2016 presidential election, Stevie Nicks predicted a “landslide” victory for Hillary Clinton.

The song is totally partisan and she has already lost a bunch fans over it. They posted this article on Briebart News, a conservative site. Now people want her to leave. Bye Felicia!!!!
Old 10-11-2020, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The song is totally partisan and she has already lost a bunch fans over it.
But apparently not you since you're still around and posting up a storm.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:07 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
But apparently not you since you're still around and posting up a storm.
Yes! All those posts that say absolutely nothing.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The song is totally partisan and she has already lost a bunch fans over it.
And gained a lot of new ones!

The comments on Youtube for the video are overwhelmingly positive.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"Where does she live?
He says, Oh, UP THERE SOMEWHERE
Then he says,
Go ahead, Lily"

Dear Stevie, can I be one of your 50?
Old 10-11-2020, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is for you, Stevie:

Old 10-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I listened to the minute samples of the song on iTunes. I don’t have a problem with the music or her voice. Dave Stewart knows how to curate her. But those lyrics are an unbelievable embarrassment—to her, to the band she claims she loves, and to her fans. The lyrics are outright offensive to anyone who has done real work in equity and civil rights, especially those who have fought the fight when it wasn’t marketable to do so.

Shame on her. For being so self-centered and tone deaf.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh no Stevie, please don't embarrass yourself by jumping in with that crowd of celebrities who swear to God that they will leave the country if this person or that person is elected. They just come out looking really silly when it comes and goes and there they are, still here. Delving too deeply into politics is definitely going to spoil the carefully curated sense of mystique that she has always worked to have.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The song is totally partisan and she has already lost a bunch fans over it. They posted this article on Briebart News, a conservative site. Now people want her to leave. Bye Felicia!!!!
This is a FREE country. We have TWO main parties. You are ALLOWED to vote for one or the other AND talk about it. Also the song sucks.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 10-11-2020 at 06:49 PM..
Old 10-11-2020, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whatever filter they are using on her voice worked. Her vocals were not terrible. I also noticed in Sheryl Crow's song Prove You Wrong that the filter they used on Stevie's vocal worked. She sounded good. It is possible for Stevie at 72 to do an album and sound good. Miley Cyrus and the rest of them are all using filters now.
The only problem with Prove You Wrong was she did not always sound like herself. I recall you did not even recognize her in the trio. In this song, you do know that it is Stevie Nicks.

Last edited by michelej1; 10-11-2020 at 09:21 PM..
Old 10-11-2020, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie Nicks: Coronavirus is stealing my last youthful years

Stevie Nicks says the coronavirus pandemic is "stealing" her "last youthful years".
She must be talking about the coranavirus of 1989. That one stole all of her last youthful years. Remember there were many of them prior to Covid #19.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Shame on her. For being so self-centered and tone deaf.
at this point should one expect anything else

Old 10-12-2020, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bye Felicia to the fans crying about her being so mean to Trump.