User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2023, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t disagree with anything here, except #4. The music is what makes their legacy in my eyes, so nothing can take away from that. Obviously you feel differently and that’s fine. I still stand by what I said though- if Stevie released a new album, some folks would complain about how bad it is; if she doesn’t release a new album, many of those same people would complain she’s not releasing anything new. Hence the no-win conundrum.

Personally I’m ok if she never releases a new album. There were maybe 3 songs I liked from In Your Dreams, and none from 24 Karat. I also disliked every new song she recorded or appeared on since, like the one called My Hand, Show Them the Way, and For What It’s Worth, except for the Maroon 5 song. So if she is dried up creatively, I don’t blame her for not recording a new album.
You're ridiculous.

She could murder your entire family and you'd still defend her.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I am really curious about what this might be and would welcome new music, especially 24KG 2.
It is an old quote by Dave in a new article .Believe me she will never record another album of new material. Dial phones will come back first.

Old 12-18-2023, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It is an old quote by Dave in a new article .Believe me she will never record another album of new material. Dial phones will come back first.
He didn’t say it was a new album.
Old 12-18-2023, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe she called him to replace Mike Campbell for a FM tour.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You're ridiculous.

She could murder your entire family and you'd still defend her.
If I can say that Fleetwood Mac touring with Dave Mason and Bekka Bramlett on a bill with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar didn’t destroy their legacy, I can certainly say a tour with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell didn’t destroy their legacy, either.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If I can say that Fleetwood Mac touring with Dave Mason and Bekka Bramlett on a bill with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar didn’t destroy their legacy, I can certainly say a tour with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell didn’t destroy their legacy, either.
Opinions are like something.... You're crazy if you don't think the ending not being the Rumours five didn't tarnish their legacy.

Now go polish your goat shrine.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
He didn’t say it was a new album.
Right. The person that I was responding to thought that it might be a new album. The quote from Dave is verbatim what he tweeted right before they started IYD but even if it is new there will be no new album so what could be be referring to? Another narcissistic and self congratulatory film

Old 12-18-2023, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I am really curious about what this might be and would welcome new music, especially 24KG 2.
But you would want all the lyrical ballads and I would want the rockers.

I would want “All the King’s Horses,” “Jimmy, Come On Back,” and “Beautiful Ghost.”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-18-2023, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She’s running for President and wants him as her running mate.
Interesting.
Please God them the way
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_8315.jpeg (15.6 KB, 8 views)

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-18-2023, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Couldn’t destroy the legacy because they still had the ability to pull the trump card out to save it - and that’s the Rumours 5. 1997 saved their legacy and rebooted the band for an extra 20+ years and Stevie’s solo career. Short of that happening, Fleetwood Mac would’ve petered out in the 80’s with everything from the 1987 tour through Time as a dusty footnote.

And that’s how the 2018-19 tour will be remembered - a dusty footnote that is barely remembered and simply doesn’t matter.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
And that’s how the 2018-19 tour will be remembered - a dusty footnote that is barely remembered and simply doesn’t matter.
I couldn’t agree more. But other people feel that FM’s legacy has been tarnished forever. I am not one of those people.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I couldn’t agree more. But other people feel that FM’s legacy has been tarnished forever. I am not one of those people.
I think it’s the what if/yet another missed opportunity that makes people feel that way. A proper final album and tour was the right way to end this thing. A dusty footnote is not a worthy ending of an entity of Fleetwood Mac’s stature.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie’s decision to kick Lindsey, the creative force, out the band, forever tarnished her reputation. After she is dead, and can’t network and kiss butt to stay relevant, she won’t be able to protect herself from the truth. Lindsey was the main force behind the music. She caused the end of Fleetwood to end on a negative note.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I think it’s the what if/yet another missed opportunity that makes people feel that way. A proper final album and tour was the right way to end this thing. A dusty footnote is not a worthy ending of an entity of Fleetwood Mac’s stature.
Yes exactly. I would only add that opening for REO Speedwagon was by choice. The singers left on their own accord and Mick wanted to still play so he found replacements. He said looking back it was the wrong thing to do. But he wanted to still play and he and John need a band with a singer. I don't see how anyone can compare this to what happened in 2018. Lindsey did not leave by choice. Everyone was expecting a last album and final tour. Instead we got a Buck/Vie album and a replacement tour. That OWTS tour with Chris and Lindsey really changed the dynamic and jealousy started again.
Old 12-19-2023, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes exactly. I would only add that opening for REO Speedwagon was by choice. The singers left on their own accord and Mick wanted to still play so he found replacements. He said looking back it was the wrong thing to do. But he wanted to still play and he and John need a band with a singer. I don't see how anyone can compare this to what happened in 2018. Lindsey did not leave by choice. Everyone was expecting a last album and final tour. Instead we got a Buck/Vie album and a replacement tour. That OWTS tour with Chris and Lindsey really changed the dynamic and jealousy started again.
Exactly! 2018 is incomparable to anything from 1987-1995. In those years, everyone left of their own accord. Getting to nearly 70 years old and then orchestrating someone’s firing was simply pathetic. Especially after years of refusing to record when everyone else was on board.