User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2023, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Apparently Stevie is working with Dave Stewart on something

https://retropopmagazine.com/dave-st...ing-exclusive/

Dave Stewart might be best known for his work as one-half of Eurythmics with Annie Lennox, but in a decades-spanning career he’s worked with the biggest names in music. From Anastacia, Geri Halliwell and Katy Perry, to Joss Stone, Bryan Ferry and Mick Jagger, his list of collaborators is varied and impressive, and in 2011 he teamed up with Fleetwood Mac frontwoman Stevie Nicks on ‘In Your Dreams’ – her first solo album in a decade.

Three years later, they reconvened to record ‘24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault’, and speaking in RETROPOP’s December 2023 edition the musician hinted there’s more to come.

“She has called me about something that I can’t talk about, but it’s interesting,” he teases, before musing on the success of his various collaborations.

“I am very fortunate and very lucky to have worked with all these brilliant people and a lot of them many times, like Stevie and Joss Stone,” adds Dave. “Whoever I’m working with, we tend to have an enjoyable time and things happen in a quick but unique way.

“I think that’s why I have a lot of return visitors.”

Dave’s comments came ahead of his ‘Eurythmics Songbook’ European tour, which saw the Missionary Man hitmaker join forces with Australian singer Vanessa Amorosi, Warrington’s RAHH and his daughter, Kaya Stewart, on vocal duties to perform cuts from the duo’s classic repertoire.

Having an all-female band, led by keyboardist Hannah Koppenburg, is his way of “paying homage to [his] great friend and collaborator”, with Dave insisting of the concerts: “This isn’t just a lot of people bashing out songs.

“I’ve chosen amazing players and amazing visuals for a potted history of Eurythmics songs in all their glory, with harmonies and soloists and myself on guitar.”

In a review of Dave’s show at the London Palladium, RETROPOP praised the vocalists for “playing to their own strengths to bring a contemporary edge to the material while maintaining its authenticity”, writing: “As a tribute to one of the greatest pop duo’s of all time Stewart’s band did a cracking job.”

Last edited by Jondalar; 12-17-2023 at 05:24 AM..
Old 12-17-2023, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw this .I believe it is an old quote from Dave back when they started work on IYD. The creative well has long ago run dry and she exists now as an oldies touring act making occasional guest appearances on other people's songs. You can stick a fork in the dried up old nightbird. Creatively she has croaked her last croak.

Old 12-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I saw this .I believe it is an old quote from Dave back when they started work on IYD. The creative well has long ago run dry and she exists now as an oldies touring act making occasional guest appearances on other people's songs. You can stick a fork in the dried up old nightbird. Creatively she has croaked her last croak.
I know… imagine being 75 or however old she is and not releasing albums anymore. Instead, she’s just touring, apparently something she loves to do. It’s pathetic and I feel sorry for her that at her age, she’s all dried up creatively. In the meantime, I’m looking forward to turning 65 so I can retire and never make another report again. Guess I’m drying up, too.

Sorry for my sarcasm, BombaySapphire3, but Stevie is really in a no-win situation on this board- if she doesn’t record anymore, people say she’s dried up; if she does record again, people say she should’ve quit while she was ahead because her voice has changed.

She doesn’t have to record for money, and she probably doesn’t write songs anymore. After 75 years, she’s earned the right to not record anymore. I say the exact same thing about Lindsey. If he were to quit releasing albums, he’s earned that right.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's the Rhiannon movie!

Old 12-17-2023, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She didn't use Dave to produce Show Them The Way and the cover of For What It's Worth

"And, I called my favorite producer, Greg Kurstin, and I said, 'I would like to record this.'”
https://www.brooklynvegan.com/stevie...hat-its-worth/

Maybe she feels Kurstin isn't capable of doing a whole album for her...even though Kurstin is her favorite producer. She asked Dave.
Old 12-17-2023, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Front woman

Old 12-17-2023, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Rhiannon, the life of Stevie Nicks is coming to Broadway. She asked Dave to help her write the music for it. It should be done by 2025 just in time for the big Fleetwood Mac reunion tour.

Its about a girl that was born in the desert and finds her way to sunny California meeting Lindsey Buckingham and teaching him play guitar. She worked cleaning houses and waitressing before getting her big break becoming the lead singer in Fleetwood Mac. Her career soared beyond what anyone could believe. She's the first woman to be inducted into the Rock N Roll hall of fame TWICE.

Dave is working out her songs to tell the story of her rise to fame.

Should be interesting.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-17-2023 at 11:47 AM..
Old 12-17-2023, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her opening on Broadway is to coincide with her winning the Nobel Piece Prize for recognition of the forgotten chimpanzees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Rhiannon, the life of Stevie Nicks is coming to Broadway. She asked Dave to help her write the music for it. It should be done by 2025 just in time for the big Fleetwood Mac reunion tour.

Its about a girl that was born in the desert and finds her way to sunny California meeting Lindsey Buckingham and teaching him play guitar. She worked cleaning houses and waitressing before getting her big break becoming the lead singer in Fleetwood Mac. Her career soared beyond what anyone could believe. She's the first woman to be inducted into the Rock N Roll hall of fame TWICE.

Dave is working out her songs to tell the story of her rise to fame.

Should be interesting.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

No, I read the screenplay. She WAS going to be inducted when a couple of guys who were up to no good started making trouble in her neighborhood. She got in one little fight and her mom got scared. She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"
Old 12-18-2023, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So I take that the article is wrong and it’s old?
Old 12-18-2023, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
So I take that the article is wrong and it’s old?
It's not old. I've never heard of this "publication" before.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The article is dated December 15, 2023. And he mentions the ‘Eurythmics Songbook’ European tour, which is from this year. Though some comments relate it to old quotes, it seems it's a current article anyway.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sorry for my sarcasm, BombaySapphire3, but Stevie is really in a no-win situation on this board- if she doesn’t record anymore, people say she’s dried up; if she does record again, people say she should’ve quit while she was ahead because her voice has changed.
1. Her tour hasn't been interesting in years
2. Her recording output hasn't been interesting in years..24K Gold is 10+ years old already

3. She's obscenely arrogant
4. She completely screwed the ending of Fleetwood Mac....for literally everyone. The band and the fans.
5. Her team continues to promote her as the prolific songwriter legacy act.

That's why people are perhaps a little cyical.

Last edited by BigAl84; 12-18-2023 at 09:39 AM..
Old 12-18-2023, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
1. Her tour hasn't been interesting in years
2. Her recording output hasn't been interesting in years..24K Gold is 10+ years old already

3. She's obscenely arrogant
4. She completely screwed the ending of Fleetwood Mac....for literally everyone. The band and the fans.
5. Her team continues to promote her as the prolific songwriter legacy act.

That's why people are perhaps a little cyical.
I don’t disagree with anything here, except #4. The music is what makes their legacy in my eyes, so nothing can take away from that. Obviously you feel differently and that’s fine. I still stand by what I said though- if Stevie released a new album, some folks would complain about how bad it is; if she doesn’t release a new album, many of those same people would complain she’s not releasing anything new. Hence the no-win conundrum.

Personally I’m ok if she never releases a new album. There were maybe 3 songs I liked from In Your Dreams, and none from 24 Karat. I also disliked every new song she recorded or appeared on since, like the one called My Hand, Show Them the Way, and For What It’s Worth, except for the Maroon 5 song. So if she is dried up creatively, I don’t blame her for not recording a new album.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am really curious about what this might be and would welcome new music, especially 24KG 2.