User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
re: Chris quitting the band after the tour... I still blame the idiocy of the handful of concert promoters on the Fall '97 tour who booked outdoor amphitheaters for shows on dates where the average nightly temperature is in the low 40's. I'm positive it contributed heavily to her attitude towards touring that it became the last straw (even though the Spring '98 leg would have been all arenas).

I wasnt there, but I know the outdoor show youre referring to. It was Atlanta, I believe November 15 1997. YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! No way should a show be outdoors that late, even in a place like Atlanta.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Banned

I remember Stevie bitching in the media/press that she would not attend the soundcheck for Atlanta 1997 until portable heaters were placed all over the stage.

I grew up in nasty cold weather, so I can tolerate such conditions. I am in Los Angeles right now, and still wear tshirts and shorts everywhere in the winter months. I saw Fleetwood Mac on Fathers Day/June 2004 in Irvine Meadows, and Stevie was wrapped up like it was a winter snowstorm about to hit. She must have low blood pressure.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miragex69x View Post
, and Stevie was wrapped up like it was a winter snowstorm about to hit. She must have low blood pressure.
and now she is 60. A tour must be hard for anyone at her age
Old 02-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miragex69x View Post
My friend use to be a personal assistant to the band from 2003-2006. When Fleetwood Mac finally brought the tour to England sometime in 2004, Christine invited everyone to dinner the night before the show. Everyone came except Lindsey(sh*thead). The next night Christine was going to go on stage for the last 3 or 4 songs. At the last minute Christine choose not to go on stage. She spent the whole concert in the sound booth chain smoking cigarettes.

I have been told that Christine and Stevie still talk. However when Stevies dad died Christine did not fly over for the funeral/party. There was no funeral really. There was a party at a hotel that celebrated his life for close friends and family. Lindsey was there, and performed Landslide with Stevie for the private crowd. This event was scheduled weeks in advance.
Why would Lindsey not go to dinner? I didn't think things were that bad with him and Christine.

I am not so sure about this rumour that Chris was going to do a couple of songs at the December 03 concert. She said she was adamant from the get-go that she wouldn't, and in interviews implied that she was only invited to play on "Don't Stop".

Personally, I think she made the right decision. She bowed out gracefully. I don't think she'll ever record again with them. She's very happy now, retired and living the good life, and we should all be happy for her as she is.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The only instance of Christine recording songs for a Fleetwood Mac album but not touring was with the Time album. {snip}She contributed those songs, presumably, to help make the album more appealing. Most of them included session players. {snip}
Actually, the album was done while the band was in mid-tour, even submitted to the record company with the title Another Link In The Chain. The powers that be insisted (some say they were contractually bound) that Christine be on the album, so they went back and got her to add her songs. the album eventually retitled Time wasn't even released until the tour was well over. And, "the session players" on Christine's songs was only session guitarist-extrordinaire Michael Thompson. Mick, John, Billy and even Bekka participated in her songs, as well. Chris just didn't want Dave Mason near her songs, apparently (there was mucho bad blood between Chris & Dave from way back in the 60s). And, she appears sparingly, if at all, on the other tunes (which mostly were recorded before she became involved in the project); touring keyboardist Steve Thoma did the keyboard parts on a majority of the non-Christine songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
re: Chris quitting the band after the tour... I still blame the idiocy of the handful of concert promoters on the Fall '97 tour who booked outdoor amphitheaters for shows on dates where the average nightly temperature is in the low 40's. I'm positive it contributed heavily to her attitude towards touring that it became the last straw (even though the Spring '98 leg would have been all arenas).

Well, yeah, I can see your point, Luke. Those were really idiotic venues to book at that time of year (I'm surprised many of them were even OPEN for biz during those months!). You've got to remember that Christine has NEVER liked touring to begin with (her 1972 song "Homeward Bound", as a big example...plus her reluctance to join the band in 1970 to begin with, she was pretty much strong-armed into that, as well. And, even as far back as 1969, when she quit the music biz completely, mainly because of the travel). Plus, Christine only committed to the first 40 dates of The Dance tour. When they tried to extend the tour, she flatly said "no".

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, Christine has been out of the band for over 11 years! She's gone, she's not coming back. Get over it.

Last edited by chiliD; 02-03-2009 at 01:47 PM..
Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really, let's lay the whole Christine thing to rest.....it's a moot point! IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!

My main concern is that, if there is a new Fleetwood Mac album, it's a little bit more cohesive than SAY YOU WILL, which felt like two solo albums crunched together!

Will we see a Fleetwood Mac album before the Rhiannon story, the Ladybug story, the Standards album, the country album, the Christmas album, the "girl-doing-guy's songs" album that was just mentioned in Rolling Stone?? My guess is.......yeah! Stevie doesn't seem all that hot and bothered to get back into the studio, or at least to follow thru on some of these projects she'd "love" to do!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, Christine has been out of the band for over 11 years! She's gone, she's not coming back. Get over it.
She's not going to tour, ever, but if she's still active and they're still active and they're still speaking and they're still selling Rumours, I just don't think you can say never.

As for her joining them in England, when Gail asked John about this in his Q & A he said, John said:

Quote:
Christine had made it very clear, way before we even got to the U.K. that there was no way she was going on stage.

Michele
Old 02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She's not going to tour, ever, but if she's still active and they're still active and they're still speaking and they're still selling Rumours, I just don't think you can say never.
True. LB was out of the band for a long time, and he came back. I could see CMcV coming back if the others decided they don't want to tour any more. But I can't imagine JMcV and MF deciding that they didn't want to tour again.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Personally, I think she made the right decision. She bowed out gracefully. She's very happy now, retired and living the good life, and we should all be happy for her as she is.
Couldn't agree more.