The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The one thing this set is missing that would have made it perfect is Jeremy’s solo album with the aborted EP as bonus tracks.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-08-2020, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The one thing this set is missing that would have made it perfect is Jeremy’s solo album with the aborted EP as bonus tracks.
that's a nice idea indeed! and it also raises the question why they didn't jump at that chance with the 2015 reissue of jeremy's album - maybe for the very same unknown reason?! same with "purple dancer" - why hadn't this been included on the earlier "kiln house" re-release (as this would've been an obvious choice anyway)?!

Last edited by lazy poker; 08-08-2020 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: expanded question
Old 08-09-2020, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I have the Record Plant set, but I hope this is significantly better quality.

The ‘74 Record Plant show has “Why.” I only thought they did “Miles Away” and “Believe Me” on Midnight Special. Didn’t know about “Why.”
I was half right. The Mac did perform Why on the Midnight Special but it was 1976 with Stevie and Lindsey. They did do the Midnight Special in 1973 but Why was not performed or recorded

I had the 74 studio concert recorded from the radio in late 1983 or early 1984. Believe it or not but the entire concert was aired on a top 40 radio station late one Friday or Saturday night. IMHO, I believe they may have aired it by mistake thinking its Fleetwood mac with Lindsey and Stevie. The top 40 radio station would never have played vintage Mac songs let alone a live show. But I always enjoyed it. So many highlights: Bermuda Triangle, Hypnotized, Why, Sentimental Lady, etc.

Call me greedy but I wish we could get another live show on this package either Bare Trees or elusive few Mystery to Me shows. Does anyone know if any recordings of the brief Mystery to Me tour exist? If I could go back in time, this is the Mac show I would have sold my soul to see.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-09-2020 at 06:25 AM..
Old 08-09-2020, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was half right. The Mac did perform Why on the Midnight Special but it was 1976 with Stevie and Lindsey. They did do the Midnight Special in 1973 but Why was not performed or recorded

I had the 74 studio concert recorded from the radio in late 1983 or early 1984. Believe it or not but the entire concert was aired on a top 40 radio station late one Friday or Saturday night. IMHO, I believe they may have aired it by mistake thinking its Fleetwood mac with Lindsey and Stevie. The top 40 radio station would never have played vintage Mac songs let alone a live show. But I always enjoyed it. So many highlights: Bermuda Triangle, Hypnotized, Why, Sentimental Lady, etc.

Call me greedy but I wish we could get another live show on this package either Bare Trees or elusive few Mystery to Me shows. Does anyone know if any recordings of the brief Mystery to Me tour exist? If I could go back in time, this is the Mac show I would have sold my soul to see.
And for the first time in history, actually RAISED the key(before they were geriatrics). The original was in D, and they were doing it live in E, with Lindsey and $tevie.

The Bob Welch years are so underrated! I'd love to have a time machine to go back and see one show from then!
Old 08-13-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And for the first time in history, actually RAISED the key(before they were geriatrics). The original was in D, and they were doing it live in E, with Lindsey and $tevie.

The Bob Welch years are so underrated! I'd love to have a time machine to go back and see one show from then!
That Bare Trees Concert alone gave me chills. I'd love to go back in time, too!
Old 08-13-2020, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Okay, you're greedy. (lol) Me too! I have been waiting for years for a live recording to surface from the 'Mystery To Me' shows, but nothing. I just love that record so much; I think it's my favorite FM album of all time, although 'Bare Trees' is right up there with it.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Okay, you're greedy. (lol) Me too! I have been waiting for years for a live recording to surface from the 'Mystery To Me' shows, but nothing. I just love that record so much; I think it's my favorite FM album of all time, although 'Bare Trees' is right up there with it.
It's every bit as good as Rumours and Tusk.

For a long time, it was my summer album. Every day around noon, I'd put it on and lay by the pool for an hour, before I'd actually accomplish anything for the day!
Old 08-21-2020, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What's kind of annoying is it's not being made available on download by the looks of things. No preview on iTunes or anything. Would've been nice for those who just want the bonus tracks initially. The all or nothing deal has Mick written all over it...
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:57 AM

Wow, that's a bit weird. I have to download all the songs from the cd?
Old 08-24-2020, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure these have already been shared before but in case someone doesn't have them.

http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=4919

http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=2262
Old 08-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No audio clips on the unreleased or alternate tracks yet from the box set?
Old 09-01-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I'm sure these have already been shared before but in case someone doesn't have them.

http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=4919

http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=2262
Thanks!!
Old 09-04-2020, 04:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default The 1969-1974 Box Set!!!

So happy with this release! 'The purple dancer' has been my favourite FM song since 1979 or so, and it sounds so crisp and magnificent!
Old 09-04-2020, 04:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJK View Post
So happy with this release! 'The purple dancer' has been my favourite FM song since 1979 or so, and it sounds so crisp and magnificent!
And yes, TPO has the same track order as the 2013 remaster. :-)
Old 09-04-2020, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJK View Post
And yes, TPO has the same track order as the 2013 remaster. :-)
does it sound any kind of different or just the same as the 2013 release?